Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Is Booker T stupid, or do they think we are?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kapper

kapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

I know the WWE thinks their fans are stupid sometimes, but the whole Booker T not knowing about his wife helping him is soooooooo stupid. Hello Book, look at the recaps, replays, etc. They pretend as if there is no cameraman. I know they have done things like this in the past, but this is ridiculous.

#2 Caliban

Caliban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

Just watch SD this week for the payoff! It's been a pretty good story, though I do agree - the most obvious thing would be to look at a replay.

Yes - WWE does think we are stupid, unfortunatly. Don't let that get in the way of enjoying the show, as hard as it may be....

#3 FanNBham

FanNBham

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

Quote:

I know the WWE thinks their fans are stupid sometimes, but the whole Booker T not knowing about his wife helping him is soooooooo stupid. Hello Book, look at the recaps, replays, etc. They pretend as if there is no cameraman. I know they have done things like this in the past, but this is ridiculous.

Booker is going to find out that Sharmell is really responsible for his win.

Yep, it would be easy for Booker to look at a replay right away, but it wouldn't make for a good storyline. Having him find out right after the match on the same show would develop the storyline to fast. It's the same way when a Wrestler suffers a beat down on one episode but then waits an entire week to take revenge -- even though the roster has had three house shows inbetween. It's just the way TV works.

#4 Austin316

Austin316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

I'm personally getting tired of this wife storyline. I just kinda think it's weak. I got tired of it, after the first time it happened. I mean, it just felt like from day one, that she'd interfere sometime. When the wrestlers bring their girlfriends or wives to the ring, you know them helping them cheat isn't far behind.

For all you "Smack Down!" fans, see Edge & Lita on "Raw". Same damn thing.

#5 FanNBham

FanNBham

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

Quote:

I'm personally getting tired of this wife storyline. I just kinda think it's weak. I got tired of it, after the first time it happened. I mean, it just felt like from day one, that she'd interfere sometime. When the wrestlers bring their girlfriends or wives to the ring, you know them helping them cheat isn't far behind.

For all you "Smack Down!" fans, see Edge & Lita on "Raw". Same damn thing.

How is it the same thing as Edge and Lita. Edge and Lita aren't married. Lita turned heel to help out Edge after she cheated on Hardy (or so the story's told). Now, Both Edge and Lita are heels.

Booker and Sharmell are married. Sharmell turned heel first and Booker will turn heel next. There's nothing in common other than both involving a male/female partnership.

#6 Caliban

Caliban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

Quit posting spoliers...

#7 FanNBham

FanNBham

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

Quote:

Quit posting spoliers...

I haven't posted a spoiler (or a spolier for that matter)! I've just carried out the natural progression of the Sharmell/Booker Storyline. After Eddie is through with his tries to get the WHC Title from Batista the next in Line is Booker T. Booker T will need to turn Heel before doing it. Hence, the reason for Sharmell to start interfering in her husband's matches. That's speculation based on analysing your typical wrestling storyline. No spoiler about it.

#8 Austin316

Austin316

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:14 AM

I was talking about the entire thing in general, fan. I'm just getting tired of the old storyline of "chick who tags along with male wrestler, interferes with match, and helps him win".

It's so predictable, I never really liked it in the first place, and have never liked that dynamic at all, and yet they keep doing it over and over.

I mean, anyone knew that she was gonna interfere with Booker T's match, before it ever happened. I wasn't really comparing the relationship of Edge & Lita to Booker and Sharmell, I was just speaking in general. I could've easily said Triple H & Chyna or Triple H & Steph Mac.

It didn't really make a difference. It's so predictable, that even 'the best good guy wrestlers', if they have a chick at ringside, she's gonna interfere with the match sometime or another, and it just gets old. The whole Booker T thing was seen weeks before it happened.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved