• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maxinedemian

maxinedemian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

They were a blatant ripoff of LOD. Mr. Fuji managed them. THe names I believe were The Warlord and The Barbarian. If I remember correctly when the Road Warriors came to the WWF they fought the POP and destroyed them. Does anyone remember that match?

#2 philaman01

philaman01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

The PoP came aboard as a result of Vince McMahon essentially choking the NWA out of existence. If you remember at that same time, he also scooped up Ronnie Garvin, Dusty Rhodes, and others from Crockett, who was bankrupt and sold out to Ted Turner.

#3 maxinedemian

maxinedemian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:21 PM

I love the American Dream!!! He has class with a capital C!

#4 philaman01

philaman01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:25 AM

Quote:

I love the American Dream!!! He has class with a capital C!

I loved the promos the WWF used to bring in Dusty.. if you recall, he was a trashman, a plumber, and a pizza man... the vignettes would end with someone saying "hey, aren't you??" Funny stuff...

#5 maxinedemian

maxinedemian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

HE was the SON of a plumber!! I loved that!

#6 philaman01

philaman01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

Years ago through a tape trade, I got some old NWA tapes where Flair and Dusty were cutting promos on one another building up to StarCades '84/'85 respectively. If you want to see how a real promo is done, I would suggest checking those out. The art of the promo is a lost one. Ric Flair is the only one still wrestling who can do it right.

#7 maxinedemian

maxinedemian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

All those promos are on the Legends DVD set that the WWE just put out. They have a lot of the NWA footage. ITs' awesome!

Piper IS the man behind the mic
Cowboy Bob can cut promos, without a problem
Flair of course
and though he's not one of my faves Stone Cold does have personality and zest behind the mic.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved