• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#21 bomerambassadorofawesome

bomerambassadorofawesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

That was amazing, fantastic, BRILLIANT! I wanted to stand up and applaud the writing As much as I was hoping Rebecca wasn't playing Neal because they are so amazing together. This kind of explained why they were so amazing together. She pretty much profiled the woman of Neal's dreams....yikes!

Even though pretty much everyone had guessed Rebecca was bad, the way they brought it all together was simply brilliant! Pretty much a flawless episode! 

Looks like someone was actively trying to pull Neal/Peter apart and they fell right into the trap.

Somehow having a brilliant villain makes everything salvagable and worth salvaging.

Call me Nina

#22 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,401 posts

I'm speechless!  Rebecca was watching everyone!

Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#23 Groovy82

Groovy82

You are so.....loved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Wow! Ok I never suspected Rebecca of being bad, so that was shocking. the ending was creepy like some creeping stalker movie. Anyway I'm pissed at Jones and the way he talked about Neal holding Peter back, and that he needed to move on. I'm also pissed at Peter and his attitude toward Neal in this episode. Peter Neal corrupted the system? Really? He was only trying to get your out of prison. Ok I love Peter I did love him, I want to love him again, but he's making it hard. :( 

#24 Barbiisawesom

Barbiisawesom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Location:Cape Verde beach looking at NYC skyline in sand with Neal

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Further thoughts:

So Rebecca must have either been blackmailing Hagan in order to get him to make Neal steal the Codex or she promised Hagan a percentage of the value of whatever the Codex leads to (the diamond). Wow Rebecca framed Hagan with the painting forgery because she no longer needed him. Wow even Mozzie's vetting of Rebecca a few episodes back did not uncover anything. She is an expert at creating her identity. So Rebecca planted herself in the museum so Neal would talk to her. Rebecca must have known all along that Neal lifted her employee badge.It looks like Rebecca has so many disguises on the mirror in that last scene that it may be hard to Neal and Peter to figure out her real identity.

I agree that it is a relief that now Neal and Peter finally have a common enemy to go after.

I am still looking for a heartfelt scene where our boys really reconcile. I sure hope it is coming. We fans who watched their relationship unravel this whole season deserve such a scene. :)

Will we ever find out what Seigel was going to ask Neal?

Posted Image

"Don't tell me the guy who steals Hector's papayas offers you wine and chocolate?" --Neal Caffrey

#25 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

White Collar: You're Simply the Best.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

What a thrill ride of an episode! And how chilling to find out about Rebecca's long con. The intel she had is huge and brings to mind Project Mentor. Suddenly, I'm hopeful that the open plots will be connected; Fowler, Mentor, Kate, the whole ball of wax.

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#26 Barbiisawesom

Barbiisawesom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

I'm speechless!  Rebecca was watching everyone!

Yes. So I just had a thought. Did Rebecca start the ball rolling on Hagan's release from prison so she could use him to find what the Codex leads to? Hagan said he had the dirty prosecutor to get Peter out. If Rebecca was stalking them all then she knew Peter was falsely accused for what Neal's father did and wow she also knew that Moz was Teddy Winters. That must be how Hagan knew that Neal's father really killed Pratt and that Moz's real name was Teddy Winters. Wow.

Posted Image

"Don't tell me the guy who steals Hector's papayas offers you wine and chocolate?" --Neal Caffrey

#27 ASLAN95

ASLAN95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

What a thrill ride of an episode! And how chilling to find out about Rebecca's long con. The intel she had is huge and brings to mind Project Mentor. Suddenly, I'm hopeful that the open plots will be connected; Fowler, Mentor, Kate, the whole ball of wax.

I have to agree. It makes me wonder why Neal is so damn important  to some people. Adler the treasure. Fowler OPR  hacking his anklet. The entire trying to get  rid of Peter from Neal. It has been like for 4 years  Peter has been in the way   for someone to get  Neal . Why?

Or  Hagen could have been watching  Rebecca and then approached her to get to Neal. Hagen  may  have not known the extent  Rebecaa was tracking everyone.

Makes sense  the rush to get  Peter to DC.The next  tactic to separate him from Neal.

Edited by ASLAN95, 09 January 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#28 Barbiisawesom

Barbiisawesom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

+++++++++++++++++++

Wow that would be something if they connected Fowler, Mentor, Kate. I think they will at least connect Pratt, James, Hagan, Teddy Winters, Seigel in the sense that Rebecca was stalking and had intel on them all plus Neal, Moz and Peter.

Posted Image

#29 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

What were there, 10 rows of file drawers! Could there be a tie in to whoever was bugging the White Collar division when Calloway was in town?

Spoiler

Edited by LI_Ann, 11 January 2014 - 12:18 AM.

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#30 bomerambassadorofawesome

bomerambassadorofawesome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

To hype up an episode as much as they did and still leave us stunned is amazing storyteling. My concern with Rebecca being a baddie was that she'd make Neal and even Mozzie looks stupid. I'm pleasantly amazed that isn't the case. Mainly because they have made her brilliantly detailed, intelligent, and creepy! I always had a feeing she was the best character of the season.

Call me Nina

#31 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

And apparently, damned lethal.

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#32 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wow, this was White Collar!  Fantastic turn of events.  Seems it was right to not trust. 

#33 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Wow! Ok I never suspected Rebecca of being bad, so that was shocking. the ending was creepy like some creeping stalker movie. Anyway I'm pissed at Jones and the way he talked about Neal holding Peter back, and that he needed to move on. I'm also pissed at Peter and his attitude toward Neal in this episode. Peter Neal corrupted the system? Really? He was only trying to get your out of prison. Ok I love Peter I did love him, I want to love him again, but he's making it hard. :(

=========     

I started to wonder about her when she got so pushy about what Neal and Mozzie were doing. 

#34 WCFan

WCFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I know a lot of people thought Rebecca was evil, so that wasn't a huge surprise, but the extent of it sure was a shock!  I didn't expect those files on Neal, Peter, Siegel and Peter's team or the info on Mozzie/Teddy Winters!  There must be others involved since she had so much information on them.  I'm also very suspicious about Peter's job in DC and that he needs to be there "in 2 weeks."  Now I don't trust Bruce either.  I hope all this is connected to Fowler, Kramer, Pratt, etc. somehow.

#35 UpstateRules

UpstateRules

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

One of my favorite parts is revisiting the "particular kind of bastard" epithet and Hagen getting blasted mid-smirk.

EYES_zps65713186.jpg

#36 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

OK, I chickened out on watching tonight but I've been told by several I have to watch. Still missing my bromance. :(

#37 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

One of my favorite parts is revisiting the "particular kind of bastard" epithet and Hagen getting blasted mid-smirk.

========

That was a shock, but I was hoping it would happen.  The way it was playing the only way Neal could get out of trouble was for Hagen to die and quickly.

#38 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

OK, I chickened out on watching tonight but I've been told by several I have to watch. Still missing my bromance. :(

========

You definitely have to watch it.

#39 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,706 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

========
You definitely have to watch it.

---------

I will. Not to Saturday but I'm getting excited just reading this thread.

#40 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

---------

I will. Not to Saturday but I'm getting excited just reading this thread.

========

Don't read this thread until you see it.  No No NO! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episode Discussion, NO SPOILERS, Airs Thursday Jan 9 2014

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved