8 replies to this topic

#1 forhimonly67

forhimonly67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi All,

New to the forum but I love Covert Affairs.  I ventured to the forums to see what everyone is thinking about the chances of the show being renewed for Season 5?  I know some viewers have been pretty negative about Season 4 while others love the arcing story lines.  Personally I still love the show.  I do miss the individual missions and some of the lightness of seasons 1 and 2 though.  I will admit I do like Auggie and Annie together (but was definitely not a whiney fan when they broke up)...Anyway, word is that Necessary Roughness still has a chance of being renewed ("could go either way").  Covert Affairs' ratings has definitely been better than NR so I feel like if that show has a chance of being renewed then Covert Affairs has a better chance than that (no offense to anyone that watches NR - I mean no disrespect).  

- Mia

#2 ClassyLassie

ClassyLassie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I've seen people saying on different sites that the show has been renewed for a fifth season, however, I haven't seen anything official from USA or CA themselves, announcing a renewal. The ratings for CA have been pretty bad this year - they've lost over a million viewers and that was before the premiere even aired. I think that could hurt the show's chances of a renewal, as could the negative comments from fans and viewers. I won't believe the show has been renewed until I hear it from someone from the show or from USA Network.

I think people might be getting confused though. Because tonight is the "summer finale," people think that when the show returns in October, that's the "new season." It is, technically, a new "season," being autumn, but it's still season four of the show - it's the final six episodes of this season. That's where I think people are getting confused (and these long-time fans who keep questioning the show's hiatus and when the show will be coming back clearly haven't been paying attention at all - I don't watch the show this year and even I know when the show will be returning - October 17th at 10pm - and I know that the season isn't over after tonight).

Again, I haven't heard anything official about a renewal yet, but when I do, I'll post it here. :)  

#3 lillybee123

lillybee123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hi All,

New to the forum but I love Covert Affairs.  I ventured to the forums to see what everyone is thinking about the chances of the show being renewed for Season 5?  I know some viewers have been pretty negative about Season 4 while others love the arcing story lines.  Personally I still love the show.  I do miss the individual missions and some of the lightness of seasons 1 and 2 though.  I will admit I do like Auggie and Annie together (but was definitely not a whiney fan when they broke up)...Anyway, word is that Necessary Roughness still has a chance of being renewed ("could go either way").  Covert Affairs' ratings has definitely been better than NR so I feel like if that show has a chance of being renewed then Covert Affairs has a better chance than that (no offense to anyone that watches NR - I mean no disrespect).  

- Mia

Welcome  :)

#4 ClassyLassie

ClassyLassie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Looks like it's official. Glad to see the president of USA say nothing about the A&A romance. There may be hope yet.

http://www.hollywood...season-5-641804

Edited by ClassyLassie, 03 October 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#5 Elisea

Elisea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Looks like it's official. Glad to see the president of USA say nothing about the A&A romance. There may be hope yet.

http://www.hollywood...season-5-641804

Always all new and starting from scratch.

I about died laughing. There was a video announcing the 2nd season of Fairly Legal, which has been canceled. Sarah Shahi  is now in Person of Interest, and she is the perfect addition as a woman who likes to shoot people...like a cross between Fiona on Burn Notice and Kate go get em Reed the in your face lawyer she played on Fairly Legal a show canceled way too soon... looks like NR is going to go down the same path great shows but losers in the numbers game

#6 COD555

COD555

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I've seen people saying on different sites that the show has been renewed for a fifth season, however, I haven't seen anything official from USA or CA themselves, announcing a renewal. The ratings for CA have been pretty bad this year - they've lost over a million viewers and that was before the premiere even aired. I think that could hurt the show's chances of a renewal, as could the negative comments from fans and viewers. I won't believe the show has been renewed until I hear it from someone from the show or from USA Network.

I think people might be getting confused though. Because tonight is the "summer finale," people think that when the show returns in October, that's the "new season." It is, technically, a new "season," being autumn, but it's still season four of the show - it's the final six episodes of this season. That's where I think people are getting confused (and these long-time fans who keep questioning the show's hiatus and when the show will be coming back clearly haven't been paying attention at all - I don't watch the show this year and even I know when the show will be returning - October 17th at 10pm - and I know that the season isn't over after tonight).

Again, I haven't heard anything official about a renewal yet, but when I do, I'll post it here. :)  

On Tweeter a few people are saying the show has been renewed but I don't see anything from the cast members so I don't know how true it is. If so, I have to say I am surprised since the show has been awful this season (except for Eyal's 5 minute appearance).

ann2.jpg

#7 ClassyLassie

ClassyLassie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

On Tweeter a few people are saying the show has been renewed but I don't see anything from the cast members so I don't know how true it is.

---

I'm on Twitter too, and also follow Piper, the writers, Covert Affairs, Kari, and some of the crew members (I stopped following Chris because his cockiness and arrogance was getting to me). It was confirmed in several tweets today that the show is definitely renewed. Dear God help us if they push A&A into season five. :wacko:

If so, I have to say I am surprised since the show has been awful this season (except for Eyal's 5 minute appearance).

---

I agree. Considering the negative feedback about the show this year, and the poor ratings, I'm also surprised it got a renewal. It almost makes me wonder if the CA people said to USA that they have some really good stuff planned for a season five and USA bought it and renewed them. With the massive drop in ratings, I can't believe the show got renewed, but perhaps USA said (not in that article of course) that if the ratings don't improve, then they're canceling the show and next season is one chance for them to get the ratings back up.

Also, something interesting to note with the article I posted is how off their facts are when it comes to the ratings. The article claims the show racked up 4 million viewers this year. Uh........no it didn't. Another site that tracks the ratings of TV shows stated that the show only averaged 2.5 million viewers this summer which had dropped from 3.06 million who tuned in last season. With that significant of a drop in the ratings, how CA ever got a renewal, I'll never know. How do really great TV shows get canned after one season, and the boring soap opera we got this year with CA gets a renewal? I don't get it.  :huh: 

Maybe those so-called "4 million viewers" are those who tuned in to watch Eyal's return? :lol:    

#8 twodales

twodales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

2.2 million viewers tuned in to the show before the Summer finale.  3.03 million tuned in to the last show, which also had Oded Fehr in the credits.  The return of Eyal.  Did those extra 833,000 tune in to see him?  Maybe.

P.S. It was the first time CA cracked 3 million viewer this season.

Edited by twodales, 03 October 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#9 ClassyLassie

ClassyLassie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

3.03 million tuned in to the last show, which also had Oded Fehr in the credits.  The return of Eyal.  Did those extra 833,000 tune in to see him?  Maybe.

---

I'd like to think so! :D

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved