#1 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

"Dead Air"

Season 7, Episode 12

After Shawn and Gus' favorite radio DJ is murdered, they go undercover as on-air personalities to find his killer.

After a great episode ("Office Space" was easily one of the best of this season, in my opinion), here's another episode that will see Gus's relationship with women. Curious to see what they can do on the radio... I envy the lucky ones of Santa Barbara that could hear the pearls of Shawn and Gus!

Parminder Nagra returns in this episode, which marks the debut of Saladin K. Patterson in direction of Psych (Dulé Hill confirmed this to me via Twitter last year, during the filming). Saladin wrote the episode with Kell Cahoon. The episode also features Garcelle Beauvais as a new romantic interest for Gus.

Watch. Discuss. Enjoy! ;)

Edited by HenrickPeres, 11 May 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#2 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Wow! No comments yet. I feel bad for Saladin. His other episode this season followed "100 Clues'. This one lands on the week of upfronts. They haven't even released preview clips yet. :(

I like the fact that Dulé will be acting like Gus trying to be as cool as Dulé really is IRL in the episode. Kell and Saladin are a great writing team for Psych. Best part--no Shules this episode (I hope), so just pure enjoyment! :D

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 14 May 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#3 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I've been wondering where the preview clips are, too. I've been looking forward to this one.

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#4 valeen

valeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm excited for this episode, I really like Gus-centric episodes :)

#5 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

SPOILER ALERT!

Here's a video from last year, when Saladin was directing a scene of the episode...

Edited by HenrickPeres, 14 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#6 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Question: someone knows why USA Network change the voice-over for this promo of "Dead Air"?

#7 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

2 new clips :/

I'm very mad at this one. <_<  That's very unnecessary Henry.

Edited by pineapplegirl123, 14 May 2013 - 05:25 PM.

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

Kiss-in-the-dark-smaller-gi_zpsf9de3a1a.

"I'd say that Shawn Spencer is a boy. And that Roday is a man."
-Maggie Lawson

“I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She is made out of 
sunshine.”
-James Roday

"Home... should be wherever you are."
-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Pssst. Come check me out on tumblr!
I'm a Psych fanfiction writer! Check out my fanfiction page!
Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#8 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

To be honest, I'm not much expectation for this episode, and I don't think that Psych will regain the lost audience, coming down week after week with "Dead Air"...

#9 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

To be honest, I'm not much expectation for this episode, and I don't think that Psych will regain the lost audience, coming down week after week with "Dead Air"...

I agree with you. It's sad that they are loosing viewers. And that does not help them get more seasons/episodes. Yikes!

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#10 hellokittyfan96

hellokittyfan96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

I agree with you. It's sad that they are loosing viewers. And that does not help them get more seasons/episodes. Yikes!

What is it that is making the viewers go away? Is it the fact that Shawn and Juliet broke up? Or is it that people aren't enjoying the premise of the show anymore?

Posted Image

Proud owner of a 'Wait for iiiiiit....' T-shirt and all four seasons of Psych!!!!

I think you're swell

Roger...Over...Rinse...Repeat

Well, I got something way cooler than 23 boxes of captain crunch, a honeybaked ham, and soy milk.

How can you tell that someone's a compulsive liar? I mean, assuming that their pants aren't on fire.

"Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in a misuse of the word "literally?"

Don't worry, Jules. I'll crack your case like an egg. Then we'll make omelets with shallots... and JUSTICE.

Pro Server and Pineapple Love-r of the CMP^2 >>(xxx)

#11 chinesepirate

chinesepirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

What ratings are you guys looking at? Psych is not losing viewers.

Posted Image
"KFC is giving away double downs. Dude, they're just giving them away" - Shawn

#12 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

What ratings are you guys looking at? Psych is not losing viewers.

That's what I was thinking too :huh: If anything it seems to be going very strong this year. That would also be why they ordered 5 additional scripts for season 8.

Edited by psyfanatic, 15 May 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#13 hellokittyfan96

hellokittyfan96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Is it wrong of me to wonder why they said Psych comes on tonight and then played the preview for last weeks episode on USA a few minutes ago?

Posted Image

Proud owner of a 'Wait for iiiiiit....' T-shirt and all four seasons of Psych!!!!

I think you're swell

Roger...Over...Rinse...Repeat

Well, I got something way cooler than 23 boxes of captain crunch, a honeybaked ham, and soy milk.

How can you tell that someone's a compulsive liar? I mean, assuming that their pants aren't on fire.

"Literally on fire" as in Michael Jackson in the Pepsi commercial, or as in a misuse of the word "literally?"

Don't worry, Jules. I'll crack your case like an egg. Then we'll make omelets with shallots... and JUSTICE.

Pro Server and Pineapple Love-r of the CMP^2 >>(xxx)

#14 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I loved this ep. It was hilarious very good. Oh the scream and the Gus on the video after he was shot at had me cracking up. :)
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#15 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Very fun episode.  I used to like Howard Stern in his heyday and listened to Opie and Anthony for years, so I'm familiar with so-called "shock jocks" as they dramatized here and it seemed pretty accurate.  I'm also glad they didn't end up going with the multiple personalities Sybil ending, as that was already done in Season 1.  Something I was glad to see return was Ken Kirzinger, who played a bartender in the Bounty Hunters episode from Season 2.  Great to see him again and now that's 2 Jason Voorhees actors from 2 of my favorite shows, with Ken on Psych twice and Derek Mears last year on Common Law.

Something I'm having trouble understanding though.  In this episode, they made it look like Shules was back together.  But I thought there was supposed to be some big reunion of Shawn and Jules.  Or are the writers just slowly getting them back together.  So, are they back together now or do they still have a ways to go?  Could someone give me some insight into that, maybe in a spoiler tag, if necessary?

Oh yeah and I also enjoyed seeing Lassiter put in his place.  We usually only see the chief do that.

Edited by Easter2, 15 May 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#16 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I think they are loosing viewers very very slowly. But, they might say they're leaving, but the are really watching in secret...you can't get enough! Haha!

I haven't watched the episode, yet. I still have 32 minutes...come on come on... 

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#17 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yeah well all reports have Psych with some of their biggest numbers to date, from articles posted here at the start of this season?  Has that changed?  If so, anyone have a link to prove that?  Anyway, I also liked the references they did in this episode to Good Morning Vietnam and Anchorman.

#18 IamPsychfan

IamPsychfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Season 7 Ratings by millions

Ep1.   2.94

Ep2.    2.81

Ep3.   3.04

Ep4.   2.45

Ep5.   2.93

Ep6.   2.41

Ep7    2.25

Ep8    2.77

Ep9    2.46

Ep10 2.35

Ep11. 2.29

Pretty consistent, but Season 6 ratings were better

Source - http://en.wikipedia...._Psych_episodes

I am a Psych Fan, I'm also a fan of Burn Notice, the Giants, yogurt, art, and (Pine)Apples

#19 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Something I'm having trouble understanding though.  In this episode, they made it look like Shules was back together.  But I thought there was supposed to be some big reunion of Shawn and Jules.  Or are the writers just slowly getting them back together.  So, are they back together now or do they still have a ways to go?  Could someone give me some insight into that, maybe in a spoiler tag, if necessary?

Oh yeah and I also enjoyed seeing Lassiter put in his place.  We usually only see the chief do that.

There is a scene in the sides about Juliet saying to Rachel secrets can ruin a relationship and how much she loves Shawn and is keeping his even though it's a dozy. My guess Shules is back on but most likely the musical may have originally been set before this episode that may be were the relationship is back on track

Edited by captjackrules, 16 May 2013 - 03:01 AM.

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#20 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

The public ratings info is only the  LIVE and overnight DVR viewing numbers. Ads are sold on LIVE plus three days of viewing. Those numbers from wikipedia are useless.  I think it makes more of a point that they received an order for 5 more scripts.

This episode seemed really long and the mystery was rather too complicated. Also, another person with multiple personalities as a suspect? Geez, guys. What is in the water up there in Santa Barbara?

I love Gus. Dulé was fabulous. Sad that Rachael is leaving, but thought it was handled well, without much melodrama.

This one had lots of coarseness. Appropriate for the shock-jock theme, I guess, but lazy writing IMO.

I hate shock-jocks anyway, so wasn't all that uphappy that one got iced! ;)

Not sure what the writers were trying to say about superfans either. Hmmm.

One thought-it's highly speculative about next season so I'm putting it under a spoiler bar.

Spoiler

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 16 May 2013 - 02:34 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved