• Please log in to reply
740 replies to this topic

#121 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'd just like to say that just because Back in the Game was picked up, doesn't mean that she will still play the main character. Psych did it, why can't other shows do that? She might be in the pilot but not other episodes. I will be happy for her no matter how that show goes. Sad, though, that psych is ending, but I don't think it's her fault either. In many interviews the cast and crew have said that they don't want to overstay their welcome on television. Now me personally, they can stay on tv all they want. But people will get tired of it eventually, and they can't just get new cast members like General Hospital. (That show is too confusing for me lol) 8 years is a nice number (It will be my favorite number for the rest of my life if that's the number of seasons they will end up having), and they have all enjoyed their time together with Psych. They are going to end now, before the network cuts them off and they get cancelled. That way, Steve can end it on the happy note he's had in his head since the beginning (I hope that means marriage...lol).

Good point about General Hospital and soap operas in general.  They just keep going and going with new cast members every few years.  The only non soaps I remember doing that were teens shows, Degrassi and Saved By The Bell when they became known by the subtitle The New Class.  I like that this is ending with 8 seasons and not overstaying its welcome.  I've lost interest in shows over the years because they stuck around too long (CSI and Degrassi franchises, 24) and didn't even like them anymore.  Only animated shows to me should go beyond 10 seasons, as the characters can stay mostly the same and only change a little and never age.  Other than that, it's usually 10 years or less for any favorite TV shows of mine.

Edited by Easter2, 20 May 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#122 coccinella80

coccinella80

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I think that the cast and crew already knew that s8 was going to be the last...and I think it was quite clear also for us fans since the network picked up only eight episodes, at least I had that feeling.  <_<
So I don't think that Maggie's pilot is the cause of the decision. I belive that they just thought it was the right moment to confirm it. Strange thing is, there's no ufficial communicate from the network  yet...at least I haven't seen it, and I find strange that they give away such an important news in this way, with an interview but without immediate confirmation by official channels.... :huh:
As for the END of this show, in theory we had the time to process the idea, but yes... it's really really sad... but, as many of you have already said, I rather prefer an announced last season, which give the authors the opportunity to complete the story as they always looked and hoped for, than a possible season 9 not so great or without one of the main characters....

#123 valeen

valeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

I'm really sad about the confirmation, not surprised, but definitely sad. Psych is such an epic and unusual show that I've loved from the very beginning that to think of it really ending is making me teary eyed now before the season has even aired. But I wish the entire cast a bright, happy & successful future!

I don't think it's Maggie's fault the show is ending, and it sort of hurts to hear people blame her like that. She has her own future and career to think about and like others have said, I suspect the cast and crew already knew beforehand that 8 would be the last season, so she went for it, how can we be upset about that?

#124 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm really sad about the confirmation, not surprised, but definitely sad. Psych is such an epic and unusual show that I've loved from the very beginning that to think of it really ending is making me teary eyed now before the season has even aired. But I wish the entire cast a bright, happy & successful future!

I don't think it's Maggie's fault the show is ending, and it sort of hurts to hear people blame her like that. She has her own future and career to think about and like others have said, I suspect the cast and crew already knew beforehand that 8 would be the last season, so she went for it, how can we be upset about that?

I agree. It's a bit unfair to put the blame on one person. They probably knew it was ending so they went on to do other things. Can't begrudge someone for wanting to better her career. People on here are phrasing things nicely but folks on twitter and such were being real jerks about her show.

#125 valeen

valeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I agree. It's a bit unfair to put the blame on one person. They probably knew it was ending so they went on to do other things. Can't begrudge someone for wanting to better her career. People on here are phrasing things nicely but folks on twitter and such were being real jerks about her show.

I've noticed that Twitter can bring out peoples' inner jerks. I have only seen 1 person trash Maggie on Twitter, but it was painful to read and I had to block that person because of it. I can only imagine what others are saying about her and/or her upcoming show. I sincerely hope she, and James too for that matter, do not read any of that stuff, because even if they have thick skin, reading that kind of thing can be really hurtful.

#126 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I've noticed that Twitter can bring out peoples' inner jerks. I have only seen 1 person trash Maggie on Twitter, but it was painful to read and I had to block that person because of it. I can only imagine what others are saying about her and/or her upcoming show. I sincerely hope she, and James too for that matter, do not read any of that stuff, because even if they have thick skin, reading that kind of thing can be really hurtful.

Me too. I have a bad feeling she does since she occasionally responds to fans. That's why I don't like to say that celebrities should read tweets from fans because fans can say horrible things. Although there were a lot of people saying good things too. It's a lot less on tumblr but sometimes people are stupid and like to tag their hate. It gets a little too much at times.

#127 iacomary97

iacomary97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Relesed title 8x04: COG Blocked

#128 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

What is the title for 8x03? I know we have SEIZE the Day, Someone's Got a Woody and now COG Blocked...

#129 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

What in the world does that mean? Am I just clueless here? lol

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

Kiss-in-the-dark-smaller-gi_zpsf9de3a1a.

"I'd say that Shawn Spencer is a boy. And that Roday is a man."
-Maggie Lawson

“I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She is made out of 
sunshine.”
-James Roday

"Home... should be wherever you are."
-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Pssst. Come check me out on tumblr!
I'm a Psych fanfiction writer! Check out my fanfiction page!
Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#130 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Okay...I have a huge. MAJOR SPOILER HERE PEOPLE! So major I put link in spoiler tag. YOU BEEN WARNED!!! Season 7 cliff hanger.

Edited by pineapplegirl123, 21 May 2013 - 07:59 PM.

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#131 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Okay...I have a huge. MAJOR SPOILER HERE PEOPLE! So major I put link in spoiler tag. YOU BEEN WARNED!!! Season 7 cliff hanger.

*cant breath* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I only know about one of those. I can't believe it. I'm like gonna cry. Holy crap.
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#132 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

*cant breath* OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. I only know about one of those. I can't believe it. I'm like gonna cry. Holy crap.

I know I can't breath either!!!! I already knew that 'one' definitely did NOT know the others! *dies*

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#133 Texasartchick

Texasartchick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

To those that are assuming Psych is ending because Maggie landed a new show:

I think it's entirely the other way around - Maggie and the cast likely knew the show was ending, and started looking for other jobs.  Kurt Fuller landed a role on another series, too.  Can you blame them?  Acting gigs are few & far between, difficult to get, and no one wants to be unemployed.  I am happy for both of them!  I REALLY want to see Tim Omundson land on his feet and become a series regular again, though.  The man is a GREAT actor and really deserves it!

Texasartchick

Edited by Texasartchick, 22 May 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#134 sacredapple

sacredapple

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

This was posted on Twitter today, by guest star Vincent M Ward. They still should be working on episode 2 I think.

Shawn be representin' Cholos!

VincentMWard/Oscar @vincentmward 5h Great day on the set with James and Dulé' filming the show Psych...Very nice guys and thanks for making feel welcome http://fb.me/36avGktr4 970574_577663355588606_725984678_n.jpg

Edited by sacredapple, 22 May 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#135 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think it's entirely the other way around - Maggie and the cast likely knew the show was ending, and started looking for other jobs.  Kurt Fuller landed a role on another series, too.  Can you blame them?  Acting gigs are few & far between, difficult to get, and no one wants to be unemployed.  I am happy for both of them!  I REALLY want to see Tim Omundson land on his feet and become a series regular again, though.  The man is a GREAT actor and really deserves it!

Texasartchick

I hope Tim gets something else because he is a great actor. When I first saw Psych he was the only person (besides Corbin of course) that I recognized because I loved Judging Amy. He could do either drama or comedy and be fantastic in it. Dulé was the one I was most surprised with after reading the Reddit interview. I thought he would take a break especially after being on two shows for so long but he wants to go right into another series.

I feel as most everyone else does that this is a great and special cast and they all deserve our love and support in ANYTHING they decide to do, whether it be directing (though I will miss seeing James' gorgeous face), broadway, movies or television. They've given us so many years of enjoyment, how could we ask for anything less than their happiness :D

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#136 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

True, true, Fanatic. And if anyone's in doubt, here's one more reason :).

Dulé's caption on twitter:

With @AnnaKingProject @Psych_USA! Thx @MakeAWish @MaggieLawson @Cary_Elwes Peter Stormare, Lila & Roday!! #adaywithanna #ADayWithAnna

media_64832508.jpg

Edited by Aneema, 22 May 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#137 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

With @AnnaKingProject @Psych_USA! Thx @MakeAWish @MaggieLawson @Cary_Elwes Peter Stormare, Lila & Roday!! #adaywithanna #ADayWithAnna

media_64832508.jpg

Aww, that's a good picture. :)

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#138 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

media_64832508.jpg

Holy Cow!  They got Peter Stormare!  I love that guy! 

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#139 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks.  That was very interesting reading.  They kind of revealed part of that spoiler in the preview for next week's episode so not that huge a spoiler on the first part of that IMO but VERY interesting nonetheless.  Thanks for sharing.

#140 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Texasartchick

Agreed.  He'd be great an another comedy series.  Or maybe just a straight drama, since Psych is a little of both.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved