740 replies to this topic

#21 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

When Maggie's participation in the pilot was announced, it mentioned that the pilot/subsequent series was in first position to Psych. This article states she could be in "up to 5 episodes" of Psych. Seems like the pilot is not a one off but rather likely to go to series.

I think we should be supportive rather than hope it doesn't make it. Maggie deserves top billing. She has been gracious to fans and worked very hard. Unless you all know something that I don't, the writers could have been planning a reduced presence for her in season 8. Upside: more Chief Vick!

Exactly! Even though its hard to imagine Psych without her, we should all support her. She's a great actress and deserves this. What other show do you know that had the entire cast with absolutely no changes for this many seasons. Steve said there's a contingency plan so we need to remember again they know what they're doing and have a plan for all this. Remember Season 5 had little Maggie in it, that's why I think she will be in more B stories, maybe film those early when she is still in Canada and put those in other episodes? Anyway, I've read AGAIN some pretty rude things about this (mainly on twitter and when the pilot was announced) and think its wrong to blame her for wanting to further her career.

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#22 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

When Maggie's participation in the pilot was announced, it mentioned that the pilot/subsequent series was in first position to Psych. This article states she could be in "up to 5 episodes" of Psych. Seems like the pilot is not a one off but rather likely to go to series.

I think we should be supportive rather than hope it doesn't make it. Maggie deserves top billing. She has been gracious to fans and worked very hard. Unless you all know something that I don't, the writers could have been planning a reduced presence for her in season 8. Upside: more Chief Vick!

I agree. She does deserve support. She's a really great actor that we all love. If this does make it into a series we should be supportive even if that means she won't be seen in Psych that much. :(

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

Kiss-in-the-dark-smaller-gi_zpsf9de3a1a.

"I'd say that Shawn Spencer is a boy. And that Roday is a man."
-Maggie Lawson

“I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She is made out of 
sunshine.”
-James Roday

"Home... should be wherever you are."
-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Pssst. Come check me out on tumblr!
I'm a Psych fanfiction writer! Check out my fanfiction page!
Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#23 valeen

valeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree, supporting Maggie is the right thing to do. I'm rooting for her, being lead in a pilot could only do good things for her and her career. Have to say the premise of the potential series doesn't sound like my kind of show, but having James Caan as her father could be interesting, as he's a great actor. I'm of course, really disappointed at what it will mean for Psych (less Jules & Shules) though.

#24 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

psyfanatic, on 24 Apr 2013 - 00:48, said:
Exactly! Even though its hard to imagine Psych without her, we should all support her. She's a great actress and deserves this. What other show do you know that had the entire cast with absolutely no changes for this many seasons. Steve said there's a contingency plan so we need to remember again they know what they're doing and have a plan for all this. Remember Season 5 had little Maggie in it, that's why I think she will be in more B stories, maybe film those early when she is still in Canada and put those in other episodes? Anyway, I've read AGAIN some pretty rude things about this (mainly on twitter and when the pilot was announced) and think its wrong to blame her for wanting to further her career.

Yes shulesrocks really needs to ease up on Maggie on twitter and other places that he has posted his thought's her career is important to her just like our career's are important to us it still comes down to psych is a great show Maggie isn't leaving for bigger things because she hate's it I can also see her filming extra bits while she is around to be put into episodes.

Most times Tim and Maggie only do 1 or 2 days filming anyway when Indiana Shawn was filmed both Maggie and Corbin were in Europe but you wouldn't know from the episode. Another example Lovers retreat episode Dulé loved only having to film for a day and a bit on this episode again you wouldn't know that only because he tweeted about it being this length

Edited by captjackrules, 23 April 2013 - 03:23 PM.

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#25 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ok, I hope I have this right because this is rather a big spoiler about the opening of Season 8 and unless I'm mistaken it was stated that for this thread that only thing that needs to be in spoiler tags is casting and sides....so no spoiler tags for this but it does have a definite spoiler about the premiere

From TV Line- Ausiello today, Tuesday, April 23, 2013:

"Question:  Hello my favorite TV spoiler-er! Do you know if the 8th season of Psych will be its last (I really hope not!)? If not, I'll settle for any Psych-related scoop please!--A Ausiello:  USA hasn't made a final decision about Season 8 (which will likely be expanded from eight to 13 episodes) serving as the show's swan song, but all indications are that it will be. :(  On the scoop front the return of Trout in the S8 premiere, which finds his SBPD efficiency consultant the victim of a murder attempt. Among the prime suspects: His lowlife, trash talking mother. Ausiello's real spoiler  "do we know why [Spoiler] [side note, this is how it is written within this bonus spoiler :blink: ] is holding a sonogram in the premiere, pondering baby names...?"

http://tvline.com/20...y-ask-ausiello/

Edited by skylucy, 23 April 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#26 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Whose Trout?

#27 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Whose Trout?

Anthony Michael Hall

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

#28 unpocoloco13

unpocoloco13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hearing about Maggie's new pilot and season 8 confuses and worries me. I'm not expecting there to be a season 9 of Psych, so I was excited for the new pilot. I was unaware of the 5 episode stipulation for Psych season 8. I don't think it's right for people to begrudge Maggie for wanting to do something when Psych inevitably ends. I don't understand why she could only do five episodes though since they would film at different times. Also, by the time ABC announces if they even want to green light the new project, Psych will be halfway done filming. I mean, what will they do? Remove her from the episodes they already filmed? I know Psych is supposed to be about Shawn and Gus, but it wouldn't be the same without the other characters, especially Jules or Lassie. I would be thoroughly disappointed if Jules was only in five episodes of season 8. Since I'm assuming next season will be the last, I believe it should be one of the best. Psych deserves an incredible send off, and I don't think that could happen if Jules was absent for two thirds of it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

"Since I've met you, I... I've been thinking of getting a car." <3 Shawn

"You're very nice... for a slut." :P Lady in gift shop

"The best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easy." Juliet

#29 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Shulesrockz had asked Tim about Lassiter flying Solo and Tim said @Omundson: @ShawnJulietFan Not all season. The delightful O'Hara will still be there to keep Lassiter in line more often than not.

#30 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

i heard that there were sides for the first ep. does anybody have these or know where to find them so i can read them. thanks :)

>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#31 SuperPsychLoverShules2

SuperPsychLoverShules2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Huge spoiler for season 8 

Spoiler

#32 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

WOW, that is a huge spoiler.  Let us know if there is more info on that in the near future.  

And since this thread is for speculation, I'd love to see an episode with a boxing theme with Shawn as a ring announcer.  Also:

Spoiler

Edited by Easter2, 26 April 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#33 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Spoiler

I had a feeling... :D

WOW, that is a huge spoiler.  Let us know if there is more info on that in the near future.  

And since this thread is for speculation, I'd love to see an episode with a boxing theme with Shawn as a ring announcer.  Also:

Spoiler

Spoiler

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#34 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

pineapplegirl123, on 26 Apr 2013 - 17:06, said:
I had a feeling... :D

Spoiler

Sorry but your wrong Trout is working for the SBPD as an Efficiency Consultant and Shawn and Gus may be out of work the not hidden due to not being from casting sides but a spoiler that has been posted on a few sites

Edited by captjackrules, 26 April 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#35 sacredapple

sacredapple

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

SuperPsychLoverShules2, on 26 Apr 2013 - 15:36, said:

Spoiler

I was hoping like hell it would be. I'm so happy it's him, thank you so much for confirming! After reading your post I went searching for the sides, and it made me wonder....

Spoiler

Edited by sacredapple, 26 April 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#36 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

i heard that there were sides for the first ep. does anybody have these or know where to find them so i can read them. thanks :)

Read at your own risk post via spoiler tags most likely some of this is this seasons cliff hanger
here http://psychspoilers...-premiere-sides

http://psychspoilers...-premiere-sides

Edited by captjackrules, 26 April 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#37 nzshulesluva

nzshulesluva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

I’m just really wondering how they are going to incorporate
Maggie’s absence during this season. I’m wondering if they will do a B story
for her such as maybe her character being undercover or transferred, or writing
her character out completely (although I don’t think this will happen). I am
also wondering if they will spread her episodes out over the entire season or
just have them follow each other, but I really do hope she is at least in the
finale. I guess we are just going to have to sit back and see how it unfolds
over the next few months, but TBH I really don’t think Psych is going to be the
same without her I just can’t imagine Lassie, Gus and Shawn without her.

#38 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sorry but your wrong Trout is working for the SBPD as an Efficiency Consultant and Shawn and Gus may be out of work the not hidden due to not being from casting sides but a spoiler that has been posted on a few sites

Oh, haha. Stupid, dumb me getting that wrong! lol I remember reading that, now. Thank's for clearing that up. :D

Read at your own risk post via spoiler tags most likely some of this is this seasons cliff hanger
here http://psychspoilers...-premiere-sides

http://psychspoilers...-premiere-sides

Oh my...Yessssss spoilers! :D I'm 'dying' to know what's up with Lassie.

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

-Maggie Lawson

sunshine.”
-James Roday

-Shawn Spencer

-Juliet O'Hara

Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#39 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not me.  I can wait for now.  Doesn't mean I won't read that link tomorrow though haha.  Too bad, pineapplegirl, I liked that premise.  It sounded a lot like DOA or the Monk finale.

#40 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Easter2, on 27 Apr 2013 - 14:19, said:
Not me. I can wait for now. Doesn't mean I won't read that link tomorrow though haha. Too bad, pineapplegirl, I liked that premise. It sounded a lot like DOA or the Monk finale.

There is a DOA storyline but it is not Trout and it's in the season 7 final

Edited by captjackrules, 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved