740 replies to this topic

#1 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thanks to spoiler TV 1st details are coming through Filming starts May 1st Episode 8.01 of Psych will be called "SEIZE the Day" Showfax we looking for 2 characters Franny and Vance

Edited by captjackrules, 18 May 2013 - 10:09 AM.

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#2 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Fantastic News!  I love that they have also given the date [May 1st] when they will start filming! [So we know when to really start looking for information in the Vancouver area. ;)   ] I'm wondering if the fact that the first part of the title--"seize" is spelled in all caps "SEIZE" is significant?

I automatically thought, when I saw the Season 8.01 that it meant this is actually the premiere episode--but I know how they sometimes film out of order--although, I think because they are starting later this year and they have fewer episodes that I'm going to assume (I know that's dangerous) that this May 1st filming is actually for the premiere episode of the 8th Season. If Season 7 really does end on a cliffhanger (and I've only heard of that--don't actually know) then this would be the one to answer the Season 7 finale.

I'm glad I haven't heard what that cliffhanger [if any] could be and I hope that my looking for info about Season 8 Episode 1 while they film it won't divilge that secret---but I can't help myself when it comes to wanting to know about my favorite show and what it has in store for us. So I can't wait to see the first set shots of the season!!!!! :wub:

#3 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Woohoo! Another spoilers thread! After how season 7 has been going so far, which has been great, season 8 should be even better. I can't wait to hear some things..

I'm wondering if the fact that the first part of the title--"seize" is spelled in all caps "SEIZE" is significant?

I was wondering that too. It must be relevant to the case or something important that happens in the episode. All the episode titles have that in common. ;)

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

Kiss-in-the-dark-smaller-gi_zpsf9de3a1a.

"I'd say that Shawn Spencer is a boy. And that Roday is a man."
-Maggie Lawson

“I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She is made out of 
sunshine.”
-James Roday

"Home... should be wherever you are."
-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Pssst. Come check me out on tumblr!
I'm a Psych fanfiction writer! Check out my fanfiction page!
Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#4 valeen

valeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Looks like USA just ordered 5 more episodes of season 8!

http://www.deadline....5-more-scripts/

#5 iacomary97

iacomary97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

http://www.deadline....5-more-scripts/

Just read that on twitter :D Awesome

#6 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Just read that on twitter :D Awesome

Great news not surprised by how the season has rated on another note from spoiler TV http://www.spoilertv...shows-22nd.html

"Psych": In the Season 8 premiere -- which will begin filming very shortly -- the team investigates a series of murders and attempted murders that seem to have no connection, except for the perp, who drives a white van. Shawn finally figures out what the link is between all of the victims. As he puts it: "The subject is going after A-holes!" Shawn figures that the offender either wants to rid Santa Barbara of, um, "A-holes," or he wants to be "king of the A-holes!"

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

#7 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/usas-psych-gets-order-for-5-more-scripts/

Woo, I only just saw this! Exciting news. I was waiting for something given the consistently strong numbers.

This bit isn't so good though:

"...It is unclear how the new scripts will handle Psych‘s female
lead character, played by Maggie Lawson, who stars in the Cullen Bros.
ABC comedy pilot. If the pilot, which is pretty hot, goes to series, Lawson will be available to do up to five episodes of Psych in Season 8."

I know Steve said they don't mind and they have a plan, but Psych with less Jules would make me very sad :unsure: .

Edited by Aneema, 22 April 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#8 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

He, I only just saw

Woo, I only just saw this! Exciting news. I was waiting for something given the consistently strong numbers.

"...It is unclear how the new scripts will handle Psychs female
ABC comedy pilot. If the pilot, which is pretty hot, goes to series, Lawson will be available to do up to five episodes of Psych in Season 8."

I know Steve said they don't mind and they have a plan, but Psych with less Jules would make me very sad :unsure: .

Right. I am very happy that they added five more scripts, I'm ecstatic and I'm happy for Maggie but psych wouldn't be psych without her and what if (I know its a small possibility) psych got picked up for a 9th. What is Maggie's pilot about again

Edited by lovejamesrdoay, 22 April 2013 - 03:55 PM.

>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#9 angellaonly

angellaonly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#10 lakersfan

lakersfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Right. I am very happy that they added five more scripts, I'm ecstatic and I'm happy for Maggie but psych wouldn't be psych without her and what if (I know its a small possibility) psych got picked up for a 9th. What is Maggie's pilot about again

I think her pilot would film after Psych finished filming since its still in the pre-production stage and I believe it films in LA so it doesn't have that 7-8 month window that Psych has because they film in Vancouver.
The pilot is about a single mother (who comes from a super baseball centric family) who moves in with her dad ( who is a former baseball player) while she looks for a job. Her kid develops a love for baseball because he wants to impress a girl at school but he isn't good at all (the only one in the family that isn't) and he doesn't make the team. A rich person in the neighborhood sponsors a little league team for the kids who didn't make the team and Maggie's character coaches it for her kid

#11 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think her pilot would film after Psych finished filming since its still in the pre-production stage and I believe it films in LA so it doesn't have that 7-8 month window that Psych has because they film in Vancouver.

The pilot doesn't matter, it's what the article says would happen if it got picked up that has us worried. Not a new worry, just seeing it in black and white...
Posted Image

#12 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

"...It is unclear how the new scripts will handle Psychs female

It's bittersweet...on one hand it's great news but agreed, without Jules it wouldn't be the same. I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I guess they could work a way around it, like have her film some extra B story and put her in that way? Just a thought...

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#13 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

The pilot is about a single mother (who comes from a super baseball centric family) who moves in with her dad ( who is a former baseball player) while she looks for a job. Her kid develops a love for baseball because he wants to impress a girl at school but he isn't good at all (the only one in the family that isn't) and he doesn't make the team. A rich person in the neighborhood sponsors a little league team for the kids who didn't make the team and Maggie's character coaches it for her kid

The show sounds more like a movie then a show. It also sounds boring, not trying to be mean. I have never really liked and dont watch the shows on ABC. They just always seem boring to me. <3 Maggie
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.

Posted Image

#14 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Doesn't sound that good to me either>  Didn't Maggie also appear on another pilot that wasn't picked up and so ended up on Psych? I kind of hope this doesn't get picked up because she could always get a part on another show after Psych wraps.  I remember I wasn't a big fan of Relativity, which she also starred in on ABC a few years before Psych.  Why even do a pilot when you're still acting on a hit show anyway?

#15 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

I guess the pilot is getting good buzz. Otherwise there would be no reason to leak that Maggie's contract only allows for "up to 5 episodes" of Psych.

The entire dynamics of the series will change.  One thing I don't know, since I try to be as spoiler-free as possible, is it generally known how season 7 ends (not the musical, the Trout episode) or was that kept under wraps?

My husband, (not much of a fan of Psych), thought it could be good. Do something completely different. Round the World Quest for Despereaux, anyone? :)

Either way, sweet for the writers. Whether or not they actually film the extra epis ordered, I think they'll get paid!

#16 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Doesn't sound that good to me either>  Didn't Maggie also appear on another pilot that wasn't picked up and so ended up on Psych? I kind of hope this doesn't get picked up because she could always get a part on another show after Psych wraps.  I remember I wasn't a big fan of Relativity, which she also starred in on ABC a few years before Psych.  Why even do a pilot when you're still acting on a hit show anyway?

I hope it doesn't get picked up either. Like you said she can always get another part on another show after psych is over, she is an amazing actress. I also don't understand why you would do a pilot of another show while you are already on a show, especially a hit show, when it would conflict with the show you are currently on.
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Shawn:

Posted Image

#17 pineapplegirl123

pineapplegirl123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

So, this means 13 episodes for Psych season 8, then? Sweet, more episodes! :D

Wow, just wow. That show doesn't sound interesting at all. I hope it doesn't pick up as a series. We won't see Maggie!

Spoiler

kiss-gif_zpsba8b7fee.gif

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind...

Kiss-in-the-dark-smaller-gi_zpsf9de3a1a.

"I'd say that Shawn Spencer is a boy. And that Roday is a man."
-Maggie Lawson

“I have the best girlfriend in the entire world. She is made out of 
sunshine.”
-James Roday

"Home... should be wherever you are."
-Shawn Spencer

"Maybe the best things, the richest things, aren't supposed to come easily. And that sometimes the moments that make the most sense happen when everything else doesn't."
-Juliet O'Hara

Pssst. Come check me out on tumblr!
I'm a Psych fanfiction writer! Check out my fanfiction page!
Also on youtube!
gifs made by me ^ _ ^

#18 kimsz11

kimsz11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

I hope it doesn't get picked up either. Like you said she can always get another part on another show after psych is over, she is an amazing actress. I also don't understand why you would do a pilot of another show while you are already on a show, especially a hit show, when it would conflict with the show you are currently on.

my bet: $ & additional recognition. 

#19 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

lovejamesrdoay, on 23 Apr 2013 - 08:19, said:The show sounds more like a movie then a show. It also sounds boring, not trying to be mean. I have never really liked and dont watch the shows on ABC. They just always seem boring to me. <3 Maggie

It is now labeled as a telemovie also if the series was being filmed they would start July August I think the other article has some of it's information mixed up Maggie was already signed for season 8 before this series was announced so there would already be a clause just like Psych had if crumbs had been picked up for a 2nd season Juliet would never have made it past season 1

Also angellaonly please read forum before posting something that has already been posted now my pet peeve spoiler tags only need to be used on casting sides and discussion of casting sides anything already on the internet excluding casting sides doesn't need to be hidden speculation also does not need to be hidden

#20 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

It is now labeled as a telemovie also if the series was being filmed they would start July August I think the other article has some of it's information mixed up Maggie was already signed for season 8 before this series was announced so there would already be a clause just like Psych had if crumbs had been picked up for a 2nd season Juliet would never have made it past season 1

Also angellaonly please read forum before posting something that has already been posted now my pet peeve spoiler tags only need to be used on casting sides and discussion of casting sides anything already on the internet excluding casting sides doesn't need to be hidden speculation also does not need to be hidden

When Maggie's participation in the pilot was announced, it mentioned that the pilot/subsequent series was in first position to Psych. This article states she could be in "up to 5 episodes" of Psych. Seems like the pilot is not a one off but rather likely to go to series.

I think we should be supportive rather than hope it doesn't make it. Maggie deserves top billing. She has been gracious to fans and worked very hard. Unless you all know something that I don't, the writers could have been planning a reduced presence for her in season 8. Upside: more Chief Vick!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved