• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

OK, I'm ready for the writers to get back to work. Psych_USA is giving us some lovely countdown visuals. Completely NOT about Psych, but fun. I am tired of waiting. I want @psychwrites to start tweeting entertaining things. Has anyone information regarding when they will be beginning work on Season 8?

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 24 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi Martha… ^_^

Yeah i am not sure that “@Psychwrites” and “tweeting entertaining things” go hand in hand nowadays. If this was a couple of years ago then maybe, but now with what's-her-name at the helm that feed is literally not even worth following anymore in my humble opinion. Britt just can't seem to be bothered to tweet, and when she does it's usually crap or stuff that we already knew. I am not a fan of Britt's at all as you can probably gather from this post and i think that they should put Tim Meltreger back in charge for season 8, because if anything at least the guy is entertaining. I have read Britt's own personal twitter many times and i really do think that her foul mouthed tweets are both pathetic and embarrassing for her and it shows the maturity level of a 15 year old girl. Her “colorful” tweets about such topics as drunken binges and sex, to name but two, also show a huge lack of responsibility on her part because i am sure that due to her association with Psych there are many underaged kids following her, she should know better! I am not happy about her writing an episode for season 7 either, which i will NOT be watching BTW. I am sorry but i just can't stand her.

WOW! Sorry for going OT there but the woman seriously rubs me the wrong way and i had to get it off my chest. As for season 8 production, i imagine that the writers will be starting soon, because they usually begin at least two months ahead of production (which usually begins at the end of April), so my guess is that they should start up again next month. I wouldn't bank on being “entertained” by @Psychwrites though, i'm just sayin'.

Ahhh @Psychwrites… you used to be such a marvelous and entertaining source of information about the show… what happened? Oh wait… i know… Britt happened… that's what. <_<

Again… sorry for hijacking your thread with my rant, but it was related so i didn't go i didn't go entirely OT… right? :)

Edited by Shulesrockz, 26 January 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Sooooo, not anytime soon, then? ;)

While I am not a fan of Britt's style, I feel that the absence of regular tweets from psychwrites more than the tenor of the tweets is the real problem. I see your point about being cognizant of the fact that young fans follow, but she does seem to censor herself to some degree while tweeting as @psychwrites. I think she may find it difficult to NOT be coarse, so she tweets less on the @psychwrites feed than her own. There are other non-writer folks in the writer's room. Why not divide up the work, so that a schedule of some sort is kept? Fans would get info and it wouldn't be one person's sole responsibility. It would be nice to "hear" a different voice from the writers' room every now and again.

#4 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Kudos to you MNG! B)

Well all i can say is if that's the reason why she doesn't tweet much on @Psychwrites then it just adds to my point. If she is incapable of showing some restraint then she is clearly missing a few brain cells if you ask me and is clearly not the right person to be carrying @Psychwrites. Everybody uses the “f” word every now and then but with her it's like a permanent part of her vocabulary, i think that she thinks she is being funny and clever, but she really isn't, it shows a huge lack of character.

I agree wholeheartedly with your idea of @Psychwrites being a group effort. I think a weekly rotation through all of the writers including Roday and Franks would be a fantastic idea! Do you think they would be up for it? ;)

Edited by Shulesrockz, 25 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with your idea of @Psychwrites being a group effort. I think a weekly rotation through all of the writers including Roday and Franks would be a fantastic idea! Do you think they would be up for it? ;)

I'd love it if the actual writers could take a turn, but, I think, having a "fly on the wall" rotation of subordinates take the reins could be charming, as well. The big guns could be saved for Character Chatters, like Meltreger does occasionally. It would be fabulous, of course, if we could get one of the authors of episodes to tweet about the nothings that happen in the office, but I imagine most of the support staff have writer-ly ambitions and might enjoy flexing those muscles creatively (structuring an outline for a topic they might tweet about) and then coming up with bon mots on the spot. Those are exhilarating! :)

I think fans feel a connection when the office takes the time to tweet. It seems a little more personal than @Psych_USA, even if it is snarkier fare.

#6 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Amen to more writers room tweets! I love the occasional trivia. I've always loved hearing both from the set in Vancouver and the guys in L.A., it gives a nice glimpse into their experience. I hope there's going to be a fresh look at what to do with the psychwrites twitter. Maybe a new intern is needed?
Posted Image

#7 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hopefully this Psych Slumber Party will get things going again on twitter. It would be nice is someone tweeted something interesting about the show. I agree with you about Britt, Shulesrocks. At first I thought she was funny but not so much anymore. I know there's not too much to talk about right now with us not seeing season 7 yet but it would be nice to hear SOMETHING...

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#8 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I was going to say that it will be late March or April before filming begins for Season 8, but it should be around now that the writers will be back at the Psych office creating the shortened 8th Season. I do think we will be getting something soon from the writers and producers (hopefully some filmed Q & A sessions!)

Since I am one of those who believes that even though we haven't been told outright that Season 8 is the end (just like they didn't want to tell us that Season 7 had been moved to what was technically Spring)--I believe that these 8 episodes will be the culmination of the show and some of the most important that this talented group of writers will ever write. So it is very bitter sweet for me (and all fans--and no, I don't know for sure 8 is the last but I'm trusting my gut on this one). I very much hope that they will include enough new character revelations in these 8 episodes so that Psych fans can continue to imagine future adventures for their favorite characters. (I'm really, really hoping that we will have future canon gatherings of the actors and writers as well ;) )

#9 Canadagraphs

Canadagraphs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

As of right now, Psych isnt on any of the production film lists here yet..... so best case scenario March. But probably later.

With such a short season, they could fit that all in 4 months. Apr/May-Jul/Aug & then Dulé wouldnt have to endure our early spring or early autumn

#10 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm hoping they open the writers' office up soon in Los Angeles, tho.

#11 Canadagraphs

Canadagraphs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

The 1st sign of them coming back has popped up on our local film lists.
April 4th.

Its on a teamsters list, which might mean that COULD be opening day of production, or it might be a week or 2 later.
Its the least accurate of the 3 lists we have here because its more for all crew, which would include pre-production stuff as well.
Half the time the date they ahve lines up with the start date, half the time its a couple weeks early. Guess it depends what needs to be done by that specific union in adavance.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved