• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Budgerigar

Budgerigar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

I was quite asthonished when I heard that Auggie wanted to get married to Parker.
I totally agree with Annie, because I think this is far too early. After only 4 months and a long-distance relationship this is not really recommendable from my point of view.

I felt sorry for Annie, the way she looked when Auggie told her about his plans really moved me.

#2 Saber

Saber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

I was quite asthonished when I heard that Auggie wanted to get married to Parker.
I totally agree with Annie, because I think this is far too early. After only 4 months and a long-distance relationship this is not really recommendable from my point of view.

I felt sorry for Annie, the way she looked when Auggie told her about his plans really moved me.

I agree. I actually don't get the whole "Auggie+Parker" relationship. That to me felt rushed and seemed to come out of nowhere. Now he wants to marry her probably because of the scare with Jai. I love Auggie, but I think she's going to say no. After all, he's has a lot to drop on her in one visit. It'll be enough to make her question their relationship.
Saber

Posted Image

#3 Budgerigar

Budgerigar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

I agree. I actually don't get the whole "Auggie+Parker" relationship. That to me felt rushed and seemed to come out of nowhere. Now he wants to marry her probably because of the scare with Jai. I love Auggie, but I think she's going to say no. After all, he's has a lot to drop on her in one visit. It'll be enough to make her question their relationship.

Yeah, I guess Parker might say no to Auggie´s proposal. She is young, younger than Auggie and maybe she is not really interested in a long-term relationship.
It may sound mean to say that but there is also Auggie´s disability. Living with a blind person requires a lot of extra effort. He might need her help when they go out to unknown places, at home everything has to remain in its exact place so that Auggie can find it etc. Don´t know whether Parker is mature enough to accept all that.

In addition, Auggie has been a real womanizer up til now, so this decision to get married came out of the blue ....well, at least for me.

#4 Saber

Saber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, I guess Parker might say no to Auggie´s proposal. She is young, younger than Auggie and maybe she is not really interested in a long-term relationship.
It may sound mean to say that but there is also Auggie´s disability. Living with a blind person requires a lot of extra effort. He might need her help when they go out to unknown places, at home everything has to remain in its exact place so that Auggie can find it etc. Don´t know whether Parker is mature enough to accept all that.

In addition, Auggie has been a real womanizer up til now, so this decision to get married came out of the blue ....well, at least for me.

You bring up some good points. She may not be mature enough to handle some of the responsibilities that would come not only from just marriage itself, but also from being in a relationship with someone who has special needs.

I guess we'll have to see what happens on the next episode.
Saber

Posted Image

#5 Savster

Savster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, it's hard to wrap my head around his preoccupation with his Parker gal pal in Eritrea, especially with Annie standing oh so near. But I hope they don't hit it off romantically, they've been regular pals for too long for that to really change. What needs to happen is for King Saul to come back and set things straight!

#6 Budgerigar

Budgerigar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

Yeah, it's hard to wrap my head around his preoccupation with his Parker gal pal in Eritrea, especially with Annie standing oh so near. But I hope they don't hit it off romantically, they've been regular pals for too long for that to really change. What needs to happen is for King Saul to come back and set things straight!

I am not really sure that Auggie´s relationship will end up in marriage with Parker. I suppose that finally something will happen that prevents him from that intention.

#7 darkdoll25

darkdoll25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Auggie and Parker fans shouldn't get their hopes too high. These stories are wayy too familiar. The girls are scared off when they realize the late hours and the danger that comes to living and marrying a spy from CIA. Also, tonight's episode gave some sort of foreshadowing. Do you see Parker's expression when she was hugging Auggie in the end? I can't quite describe it, but it seems as if she is hiding something from Auggie.

#8 Budgerigar

Budgerigar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Auggie and Parker fans shouldn't get their hopes too high. These stories are wayy too familiar. The girls are scared off when they realize the late hours and the danger that comes to living and marrying a spy from CIA. Also, tonight's episode gave some sort of foreshadowing. Do you see Parker's expression when she was hugging Auggie in the end? I can't quite describe it, but it seems as if she is hiding something from Auggie.

Yeah, she was indeed shocked when Auggie confessed to her that he is a CIA spy. All that enthusiasm that she showed on the beach when he gave her the oyster with the ring inside seemed to be gone.

#9 JewelryActivist

JewelryActivist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Auggie bought a Pearl Ring—not a Diamond Ring; YIKES, Auggie! He explains to Annie, "I couldn't go the traditional route, because of the blood diamond trade." Yes, I shed a tear for Diamonds & Covert Affairs.

Diamonds & Pearls are both classics within the world of fashion. Oh, how I love the old movies with Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn wearing their pearls! Yes, I have a strand (or two)…and sometimes I am in the mood to wear a pair of simple, elegant pearl stud earrings. Diamonds, however, are in another league. Only a Diamond is the ultimate symbol of beauty, because a set-diamond is more than a jewelry accessory. Diamonds become part of us as soon as these natural beauties touch our skin. (BTW, pearls can be damaged if they are not gently wiped after being worn or touching our skin.) More importantly, a Diamond remains the ultimate symbol of love. Diamonds communicate what many men cannot seem to get out of their mouths – LOL. So, as I delight in the fact that more and more confident women purchase diamonds for themselves, (refusing to wait for a man to buy them ), many of these same confident women (like me)ALSO remain moved, breathless or teary-eyed when a man pops "the" question with a Diamond Engagement Ring.

As the character on "Covert Affairs" chose a pearl stud ring for his engagement ring last week, I shed a tear, because I believe that most women (and some great men) feel the same as me. Above all else, a Diamond means love and publicly "says" love like no other gemstone or gift. My last post, "Changing the World with Jewelry Activism" also spoke of the good Diamonds do for so many throughout the world. In the US, an estimated 80% of engagements remain sealed with a Diamond Engagement Ring (DER), but I am obviously concerned that the DER may not remain the cultural imperative it is. The Diamond Industry must do a better job communicating the status of global Diamond trading. This is my attempt to contribute to that discussion…and I'm not whispering!

http://jewelryactivi...covert-affairs/

Edited by JewelryActivist, 25 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#10 JenQueen

JenQueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I agree with you that Parker is likely hiding something from Auggie. I was thinking maybe Parker and Auggie will get married but she ends up killed. Either right before the wedding or right after.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved