• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Sean3z

Sean3z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I don't personally care if Fiona and Michael are married or have kids at the end. That's pretty irrelevant to me, but there is no way in heck I want Michael to die! I suffered through that with Prison Break and it sucked.

Safe to say it'll be hard to please 100% of the audience. I think though there is ways to tie in elements into the finale that will please everyone.

At the end of it all, I think it's a nice time to have everyone sort of content. Their lives have all been hell for the past 6+ years. I think there is a way to tie the show together at the end without anymore suffering (i.e. the death of the lead character) while preserving the integrity of the show. Maybe I watch for different reasons than others, but when a show I like ends, I want everything tied up. I hate cliffhanger endings because it feels unfinished to me and the death of the lead after all the seasons of watching feels like a slap in the face. When the show ends it's nice to get a handle on what everyone's future holds and see that what they've worked so hard to do has finally reached a conclusion. I could see Jesse getting a job in D.C., Sam off to retirement with Elsa or another lady friend, Maddie putting the house up for sale ready to move into the future, Fiona gets a job as a P.I. type, and Michael finally gets back in at the CIA. Everyone is sitting around Carlitos drinking iced tea/mojitos when one of them gets a call for a job. They look around at each other and agree to one last gig together and set off. Or you could reverse it and have everyone at the end sitting around Carlitos toasting their last gig. They end with everyone sort of going their separate ways. Either way, end of show.

I registered just to agree with this guy :P

I was a huge prison break fan and having the lead character die, was the worst possible ending. In fact, it almost made it feel as if watching the entire series a waste.

Of all the possible Burn Notice ending, I like this proposed one the best. Although, it's a little difficult to imagine Fiona holding down a "normal" job. I think she would be the one to continue helping civilians with their issues; and I assume she would find herself a "usable" boyfriend - like the guy who drove the ambulance (his name escapes me).

#42 noellem

noellem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

As long as Michael and Fiona are together (irregardless of marriage or not), that's all I want. It doesn't matter what else happens. Someone mentioned them being alone on an island together and I'd be okay with that. Just adding my shipperyness to it.

Edited by noellem, 10 August 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#43 bratno7

bratno7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Regardless of how BN ends, it has to be better than how Belisario ended Quantum Leap -- Dr Sam Beckett never returned home. Most of us Leapers have NEVER forgiven him for that (and we're still upset over the fact he sold the rights back to NBC/Universal).

#44 noellem

noellem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

What I'd like to know is why some on the forums want Burn Notice to end with Michael being miserable and unhappy and that he has to lose people in his life. Hasn't he suffered enough over the years? Doesn't anyone think he deserves to be happy for once and that the tables turn around in his favor? For a change, can't he be the VICTOR instead of the VICTIM? He might as well commit suicide since he can't ever have any peace of mind.

#45 JDMyMuse

JDMyMuse

~Spies live in the shadows, but they dream of the light.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

As long as Michael and Fiona are together (irregardless of marriage or not), that's all I want. It doesn't matter what else happens. Someone mentioned them being alone on an island together and I'd be okay with that. Just adding my shipperyness to it.

JD said it himself in an interview... [paraphrasing] "at the heart of the program is Michael and Fiona's love for each other."

#46 Lucazzy

Lucazzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

What I'd like to know is why some on the forums want Burn Notice to end with Michael being miserable and unhappy and that he has to lose people in his life. Hasn't he suffered enough over the years? Doesn't anyone think he deserves to be happy for once and that the tables turn around in his favor? For a change, can't he be the VICTOR instead of the VICTIM? He might as well commit suicide since he can't ever have any peace of mind.

Because real life isn't a fairy tale. If I wanted to watch a fairy tale I would go to Cinderella. Michael is in the intelligence world. A world of death, conspiracy, murder, and loss. Yes, he has gone through a lot. And yes, I think the show should definitely come to a satisfying conclusion. But I want to see some real creativity in the ending. Not just "problem solved, Michael's out, everyone lives, everyone's happy." I think Michael should see the consequences of everything he's been through. I want to see everything from every season wrap up in a way that really affects Michael. Maybe he dies, maybe he survives. Either way, it should be solved, but it should NOT be all happy. Happy endings do not work for shows like this.
Shows that everyone should watch:

-Burn Notice (Best characters, great acting)
-Breaking Bad (Best character development and excellent acting)
-24 (Master of cliffhanger, thrilling show)
-Prison Break (Similar to 24, massive government conspiracy and that good stuff)
-Lost (Great acting, character development. Great sci-fi show)
-Homeland (Realistic, entertaining thriller)
-Game of Thrones (Fantasy for people that hate fantasy. Awesome actors, well written characters, tons of twists. Read books first!)

#47 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Because real life isn't a fairy tale. If I wanted to watch a fairy tale I would go to Cinderella. Michael is in the intelligence world. A world of death, conspiracy, murder, and loss. Yes, he has gone through a lot. And yes, I think the show should definitely come to a satisfying conclusion. But I want to see some real creativity in the ending. Not just "problem solved, Michael's out, everyone lives, everyone's happy." I think Michael should see the consequences of everything he's been through. I want to see everything from every season wrap up in a way that really affects Michael. Maybe he dies, maybe he survives. Either way, it should be solved, but it should NOT be all happy. Happy endings do not work for shows like this.

Well, here's hoping you are wrong. I am completely into happy endings. Your right, this isn't the real world. If I wanted the real world I would watch the news. I want to know that somewhere all of the good a character has done is rewarded. I want to know that a life dreamed about is a life lived. I want to be able to watch the reruns and the iTunes and know that after watching my own personal marathon, they all live the lives they have grown into.

Posted Image

#48 doc100

doc100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hasn't Michael already seen & lived the consequences of everything he's been through? He's seen the death of friends & family. He's been betrayed over & over again. He's fought every enemy & dragon. Not all spies die. Not all spies have miserable lives. After everything Michael has already been through, why must his life end in misery or bittersweet for that matter. That's all his life has been! I don't need marriage, a white picket fence, 2.5 kids & a dog, but after all these characters have been through, I do want a satisfy ending to Michael's quest & along with a little happiness.
My BURN NOTICE Fanfiction: APATHY; SORROW

#49 Lucazzy

Lucazzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I do want a satisfy ending to Michael's quest & along with a little happiness.

That is what I want too. I think people are misunderstanding me. I do not WANT an unhappy ending, I want an ending that feels realistic. Realistic = not completely happy, not completely unhappy. I love these characters as much as you guys do. In fact, I love them more than any other TV show praised for it's characters. Lost, commonly praised for interesting characters, I think Burn Notice's are better. Game of Thrones has tons and tons of complex and interesting characters, I love Burn Notice's more. Breaking Bad has the most complex characters out of all, but Burn Notice has better. That being said, a happily ever after ending would just make me feel like the writers took the easy way out. Especially now that the show, in it's sixth season, is moving into the kind of drama shows like Breaking Bad, 24, Prison Break, etc. were in from the first episode, I think it's the perfect time to start raising the stakes for everything.

But all that being said, I think we can just agree to disagree. As with each story, it's about the journey not the ending. I still recommend Lost to people, despite it's ending completely ruining the point of the show to begin with. I recommend 24 to people, despite the ending having a pretty big cliffhanger meant to leave room open for a feature film that never looks like it's going to be made. However Burn Notice ends I will still be very happy with the show as a whole. From the days of it's funny episodes to now where it's a lot more action and drama based. Burn Notice is a highly underrated show that deserves more recognition at the Emmys and other award shows. The ending is purely subjective to all.
Shows that everyone should watch:

-Burn Notice (Best characters, great acting)
-Breaking Bad (Best character development and excellent acting)
-24 (Master of cliffhanger, thrilling show)
-Prison Break (Similar to 24, massive government conspiracy and that good stuff)
-Lost (Great acting, character development. Great sci-fi show)
-Homeland (Realistic, entertaining thriller)
-Game of Thrones (Fantasy for people that hate fantasy. Awesome actors, well written characters, tons of twists. Read books first!)

#50 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

I don't want a happily ever after "fairy tale" ending, because that would not be true to the show. However, I do want Michael to have resolution and to be reconciled with Maddie. Most realistic to me would be the implication that Team Westen continue their work in helping people and their relationships are intact, however the viewer is left with the impression that their lives go on as "normal" at least for them, not all sweetness and light but with life's regular challenges.

#51 Doz

Doz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't want a happily ever after "fairy tale" ending, because that would not be true to the show. However, I do want Michael to have resolution and to be reconciled with Maddie. Most realistic to me would be the implication that Team Westen continue their work in helping people and their relationships are intact, however the viewer is left with the impression that their lives go on as "normal" at least for them, not all sweetness and light but with life's regular challenges.

Hi Everyone.. While we wait to see if Season 7 will be happening.. I've been thinking about how BN might end.. and I see others have been also!

Auroracat that sounds good to me!! I'm along the same lines as you..

Matt Nix has always managed to beat everyone's expectations- it's going to be fascinating to watch!

In terms of what I wish for.. I'll say add me to the happy ending club! :) We've been on Michael's journey for 6 seasons.. the guy (and us) deserve some happiness! At the same time, I don't think this means everything has to end perfectly, all tied up in a lovely shiny bow. Too perfect a fairytale ending would not (IMHO) fit the show's tone..(I agree with Lucazzy here)

There are lots of things where I don't care if they turn out well or happily.. I would go with whatever else happens so long as Michael and Fiona are together and happy - that is the one part where I do want a happy ending! (with Nate dead, I think the over the top happy ending isn't possible! It would always be a little bittersweet that he isn't there.. )

How about this as an ending, Michael has been reinstated by the CIA - he's used this to achieve all that he wanted.. and it's time for him to get out.. Michael could get himself burned deliberately..(avenging Nate's death?) and the show ends with him getting the call that she show opens with every episode -'you've been burned, you're black listed' and this time he is thrilled it's all over, and the smile is real... cue the voice over that says ' when you're burned you've still got everything!!'.. and the gang all get on with their lives! :)

I'd like to have the show end with Michael and Fiona getting on with their lives.. free to live, free to help others.. and free to have their adventures together.. the rest.. I can go with the flow! :) byeee!!
Killer Heels...

#52 noellem

noellem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I don't want a fairy tale ending either (Cinderella, please give me a break) but I think Michael is entitled to some peace and happiness in his life. (And yes I do want he and Fiona to have a happy life together). Not saying his life is ever going to be easy. It's about time for some normalcy here. He'll never have complete peace of mind any way. I believe it was Matt Nix who said he had a friend that was either in the CIA or a burned spy and the guy is constantly looking over his shoulder. I believe Michael will always have to look over his shoulder no matter what happens in his future.

Edited by noellem, 18 September 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#53 hamncheese

hamncheese

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

So I thought of cute ending scene for Burn Notice. You a see a 6 year old boy in a classroom. Teacher says to little boy, 'Charlie who do you have us here?', Charlie says, 'This is my Uncle Mike', Mike gets up in front of the class (it's career day), and says "My name is Michael Westen, I used to be a spy..." :rolleyes:

#54 GuyNemeth

GuyNemeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

So I thought of cute ending scene for Burn Notice. You a see a 6 year old boy in a classroom. Teacher says to little boy, 'Charlie who do you have us here?', Charlie says, 'This is my Uncle Mike', Mike gets up in front of the class (it's career day), and says "My name is Michael Westen, I used to be a spy..." :rolleyes:

Hahahaha that would be amazing!

#55 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hamncheese - very cute! (The rest of Team Westen standing nearby, of course!)
I have always hoped the producers of BN would take their cue from the producers of Monk and ER. Both final episodes showed the team/staff carrying on as though it were another work day. Some resolution of issues (good point, Noellem) but carrying on with what they do best. I like the illusion that they are "out there" somewhere helping people in need. (Besides, it leaves the door open for the occasion TV-movie, something Monk did not do, which disappointed me.) And I love my DVDs - I don't want Season 7 to be something I don't watch 'cause I hate the ending. I know Matt Nix won't disappoint :)

#56 Kstep33

Kstep33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

I don't want Burn Notice to end. What will I watch? I just lost Leverage which ended on Christmas Day. That was a great ending, which left the door open for the series to restart at a later date or for a reunion. Such an ending would be great for Burn Notice when it does end.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved