• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 pjs411

pjs411

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I was shocked to see Gabrielle's eyebrows....all I could think about was Groucho Marx. She is a beautiful woman, but her eyebrows are so overpowering to her other features. I don't remember her having these caterpillars in past seasons. Not only do they look too thick, they are too close together...almost a uni-brow. I sincerely hope that a makeup artist will give her a brow makeover....soon!

#2 Souriswingette

Souriswingette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I was shocked to see Gabrielle's eyebrows....all I could think about was Groucho Marx. She is a beautiful woman, but her eyebrows are so overpowering to her other features. I don't remember her having these caterpillars in past seasons. Not only do they look too thick, they are too close together...almost a uni-brow. I sincerely hope that a makeup artist will give her a brow makeover....soon!

I understood what was wrong... It's the distance between the eyebrows! Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Remember ! She is in prison and there is no beautician there !!!! Posted Image

"Nul ne peut atteindre l'aube sans passer par le chemin de la nuit"

"No one can reach the dawn without going through the night way"

~ Khalil Gibran ~

#3 DuctTape

DuctTape

I'll take my chances!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Compare those brows to 518 when Fiona turned herself in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

3Yogurtsv5-IgnitetheLight.jpg

Lots of places in the world with C4 and yogurt

#4 JDMyMuse

JDMyMuse

~Spies live in the shadows, but they dream of the light.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

It looks to me like the makeup dept has intentionally penciled-in the front end of her brows to reflect the lack of grooming care when imprisoned. I doubt she would be allowed a pair of tweezers. Even so, Michael still thinks she "looks beautiful."

#5 doc100

doc100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

It looks to me like the makeup dept has intentionally penciled-in the front end of her brows to reflect the lack of grooming care when imprisoned. I doubt she would be allowed a pair of tweezers. Even so, Michael still thinks she "looks beautiful."

That was my first thought too, but if you go back to "Scorched Earth," when she'd being walk through the building, her eyebrows are already looking like this. Maybe they got a new make-up artist for the show?
My BURN NOTICE Fanfiction: APATHY; SORROW

#6 JDMyMuse

JDMyMuse

~Spies live in the shadows, but they dream of the light.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

That was my first thought too, but if you go back to "Scorched Earth," when she'd being walk through the building, her eyebrows are already looking like this. Maybe they got a new make-up artist for the show?

If it is the work of a new make-up artist, and not done for effect, someone needs to have a serious word with this person!

ETA: By the way, Doc -- I want to let you know how much I'm enjoying Apathy; actually made me weep at certain passages. I know you're very busy, but please keep it coming!

Edited by JDMyMuse, 14 July 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#7 doc100

doc100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

u]ETA[/u]: By the way, Doc -- I want to let you know how much I'm enjoying Apathy; actually made me weep at certain passages. I know you're very busy, but please keep it coming!

Thanks for your kind words! I worked 26 hours yesterday, got off this morning and intended to to work on the story this afternoon. Best laid plans, as they say, LOL! I fell asleep for 4 hours, which ticks me off, because I had things to do. On the other hand, I work another 26 hours tomorrow, so I guess I needed the sleep. Hope to have the next chapter up by Wednesday or Thursday, but we'll see. Thanks again asking!
My BURN NOTICE Fanfiction: APATHY; SORROW

#8 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Having watched 601 with Tilly, I can tell you that she noticed the eyebrow change right away - even before the ep aired, from promos. Her theory was also that there is a new makeup artist - but we checked and saw the same name in the credits as from 518.

My theory was that the eyebrows are less arched and closer set as a way of making Fiona look more severe to reflect her severe situation. To make her less beautiful, as it were. Along with the darker hair color and flatter hairstyle. I think she's supposed to look drab, without her usual vibrancy, because she's in prison.

If I'm right, then we'll see a change when she leaves prison, unless they want to continue the effect for a while during which time Fi suffers some kind of post-traumatic stress from her prison experience. (I have no idea whether they want to have prison affect her once she's out or not, since I don't read spoilers.)

MFParis1person.jpg

#9 christyg1119

christyg1119

Tall, Blonde, and Evil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I saw that other people commented but my immediate thought was- she IS in prison. Not exactly like she has a chance to pluck and groom eyebrows...especially when she has someone trying to kill her!
Posted Image

Sometimes, the only way to find yourself, is to lose yourself to the service of others.
Thanks to bcmom for the photos!

#10 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

I noticed the dark hair and heavier eyebrows in 5-1 Company Man as well - check out when she and Michael are in bed and chatting after their reunion.

#11 Souriswingette

Souriswingette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

I noticed the dark hair and heavier eyebrows in 5-1 Company Man as well - check out when she and Michael are in bed and chatting after their reunion.

I found this photo in SEASON 5 SCREEN CAPS: 501 COMPANY MAN VISUAL AIDS

Posted Image

~ Khalil Gibran ~

#12 Souriswingette

Souriswingette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

There are already many people who have spoken of the appearance of Fiona but I must say that it ruined the scene of reunion with Michael (for me).
My glance didn't manage to get loose from her eyebrows... Posted Image

Posted Image

SEASON 6 EPI 606 SHOCK WAVE

~ Khalil Gibran ~

#13 MuzikLUV

MuzikLUV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

If I have to say anything negative about Fi and this moment. Its not the eyebrows, that actually looked normal for a girl leaving prison. I never been to prison or had to go get someone whos being released from prison. I can imagine tho they wouldnt look that good leaving prison. I knew she wore the dress going in and she had to wear it going out. It look more like she was leaving from a photoshoot or something. Her hair blowing in the wind like that. I assume that the guards let them take shower and brush there hair before leaving. I just cant see them lookin like a supermodel is all lol. However its the dramatics of TV and you have to look past the logic of it all. I loved the scene and she looks amazing eyebrows and all.. Thats JMO on the eyebrows. :)

mikefidestiny_zps0be208f0.jpg

** Twitter @Muzik4TV ** **iBurn and istorm the Castle**
Want a signature banner? PM and I can do one for you.. Im good with photoshop..

#14 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

It's not like she had make-up on or anything. I though her look coming out of prison was very compatible with her stay inside.

#15 dramasugar

dramasugar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

the eyebrows + dark hair just makes her look older -- yikes! Where's the stylist/makeup artist team.

#16 DeStClev

DeStClev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I'd like to ask in all respect how it makes any sense that we're prohibited from making any observation of a personal nature about Jeffrey Donovan, but it's fine to pick over Gabrielle's personal appearance. Her weight was dissected, probed, analyzed, and discussed in great detail in the past, and now we've started in on her eyebrows. This just doesn't seem right to me.

Is it the fact that Jeffrey is the star and therefore sacrosanct? Is it that he's male and she's female, and females are fair game in our society? If people -- and it happened to me -- were warned about simply pointing out Jeffrey's fiancee's age, I cannot understand why we are allowed free rein to discuss Gabrielle's personal appearance.

#17 Pirouline

Pirouline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I'd like to ask in all respect how it makes any sense that we're prohibited from making any observation of a personal nature about Jeffrey Donovan, but it's fine to pick over Gabrielle's personal appearance. Her weight was dissected, probed, analyzed, and discussed in great detail in the past, and now we've started in on her eyebrows. This just doesn't seem right to me.

Is it the fact that Jeffrey is the star and therefore sacrosanct? Is it that he's male and she's female, and females are fair game in our society? If people -- and it happened to me -- were warned about simply pointing out Jeffrey's fiancee's age, I cannot understand why we are allowed free rein to discuss Gabrielle's personal appearance.

Hi,

I believe in the case of GA's eyebrows, people are not really pointing Gabrielle herself but more complaining about the makeup team job. This department has a role in "building" the character's look. They (and the production team) have their word to give when it impacts their character's look. Not sure they would have dyed (not sure of the spelling!) GA's hair in red or would have accepted that she dyes her hair in red because this would have totally changed Fiona's look... Same thing if JD was to suddenly appear on the set (and show) with blonde hair!!

In regards of the age of JD's fiancee, it is not something which impacts the show. His fiancee could be either 20 or 70 and his MW look would stay the same.

I think this is the difference...

#18 Marytodd

Marytodd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi,

I believe in the case of GA's eyebrows, people are not really pointing Gabrielle herself but more complaining about the makeup team job. This department has a role in "building" the character's look. They (and the production team) have their word to give when it impacts their character's look. Not sure they would have dyed (not sure of the spelling!) GA's hair in red or would have accepted that she dyes her hair in red because this would have totally changed Fiona's look... Same thing if JD was to suddenly appear on the set (and show) with blonde hair!!

In regards of the age of JD's fiancee, it is not something which impacts the show. His fiancee could be either 20 or 70 and his MW look would stay the same.

I think this is the difference...

During the first few episodes of seaon 5 many fans commented on how they disliked Jeffrey Donovan's longer hair. So how the character, male or female, looks on screen is up for criticism regardless of gender.

#19 jorce01

jorce01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, her eyes are so fantastic!

#20 Souriswingette

Souriswingette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Burn Notice S6E08: "Unchained"
"Last night, Fiona's eyebrows started off inquisitive, yet calm…" http://www.tv.com

~ Khalil Gibran ~

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved