• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

This thread is an attempt for spoiler wimps to have our cake and eat it. The problem we're facing is keeping ourselves from accidentally discovering the big ones (Henry's fate etc.) while having enough tidbits to get us through the long, long wait.

So the "hot" thread will be the usual spoilers & speculation one, while this one is more for the bare-bones info and the kind of mild spoilers that are released to the media.
There's bound to be some confusion and double-posting and I'm not sure it's going to work yet, but we'll see if this is one way of coping with the dilemma and keeping everybody happy :).
Suggestions for the general rules of this thread are welcome, but for a start
- NO sides info or major plot points should be discussed and
- NO mention be made of anything that has to do with the cliff hanger, please.
When in doubt use spoiler tags!

One thing this thread can achieve is keep the episode list accessible. I'll do it like the reference thread: Keep this post updated with episode title, theme, guest star, writer, director as the info becomes available.

Here goes:

Season 7 Episode List: (shooting order)

7x01 - "Jack Link's Lassie Jerky" - Blair Witch/Big Foot - by James Roday

7x02 - "St Barbaratown 2" (Season Premiere) - Steve Franks/Bill Callahan

7x03 - "Juliet Takes A Luvvah" - online dating - by Andy Berman, dir. Andy Berman

Themes that have been teased:

- Musical
- Clue
- European Adventure
- Paranormal
- Back to the Future

Edited by Aneema, 30 April 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#2 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

This thread is an attempt for spoiler wimps to have our cake and eat it. The problem we're facing is keeping ourselves from accidentally discovering the big ones (Henry's fate etc.) while having enough tidbits to get us through the long, long wait.

So the "hot" thread will be the usual spoilers & speculation one, while this one is more for the bare-bones info and the kind of mild spoilers that are released to the media.
There's bound to be some confusion and double-posting and I'm not sure it's going to work yet, but we'll see if this is one way of coping with the dilemma and keeping everybody happy :).
Suggestions for the general rules of this thread are welcome, but for a start
- NO sides info or major plot points should be discussed and
- NO mention be made of anything that has to do with the cliff hanger, please.
When in doubt use spoiler tags!

One thing this thread can achieve is keep the episode list accessible. I'll do it like the reference thread: Keep this post updated with episode title, theme, guest star, writer, director as the info becomes available.

Here goes:

Season 7 Episode List:

7x01 - "Jack Link's Lassie Jerky" - Blair Witch/Big Foot - by James Roday

Well anything that is put on to the other board that is of cause your minor spoiler if this hasn't been bumped here I will help and bring you the smaller tibits ;)

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#3 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well anything that is put on to the other board that is of cause your minor spoiler if this hasn't been bumped here I will help and bring you the smaller tibits ;)

Thank you both, very, very much!! I just wandered onto the big Season 7 spoiler thread and started to read and :blink: they were already discussing the first episode's sides!!!!!! I didn't read them and got out of there pronto. Thank goodness I found this thread.

I have a clear determination this time, that I'm going to put some real effort into not reading anything that might even sort of contain a big spoiler this time. I stumbled across thebig spoiler to the finale in March (almost made it to April <_< ) and I'm going to do anything--or everything I can to avoid that happening again before the October 10th (tentative date, I think) premiere of Season 7.

I know there is no way on earth I will avoid every spoiler (obviously, since I'm on a spoiler thread right now) :lol: I want my cake and I want to eat it too and I'm willing to give this "thread for wimps" a chance.

I will be looking for spoilers--just more cautiously than in the past and I will definitely post them (if small) under appropriate tags.

Filming starts this week, right? My favorites are set shots and I personally feel those should be classed (for the most part as minor spoilers). WOW--I love this anticipation--while dreading the wait at the same time--but mostly I even love that too because of the anticipation and spoilers (minor) :lol: 110% Psych-o ;)

Edited by skylucy, 15 April 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#4 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I will be looking for spoilers--just more cautiously than in the past and I will definitely post them (if small) under appropriate tags.

Filming starts this week, right? My favorites are set shots and I personally feel those should be classed (for the most part as minor spoilers). WOW--I love this anticipation--while dreading the wait at the same time--but mostly I even love that too because of the anticipation and spoilers (minor) :lol: 110% Psych-o ;)

Tim tweeted that filing starts in 9 days (as his goodbye to hiatus beard), so I think they might be doing some outdoor stuff next week rather than actually shooting the episode.

Thanks all for the minor spoiler thread.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#5 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Good idea. Thanks Aneema and CaptJackRules! :)

#6 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I've determined to keep my nose out of big spoilers this year, so thanks for creating this thread. ^_^

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#7 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Tim Meltreger tweeted this:

@meltreger: Just read the first S7 script from @CASABERMANO. Delicious flavor.

Yes :D

Posted Image
Gus: Do not get up there and start winging it! That's not how we operate.
Shawn: Dude, where have you been for the last two years?

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.
Gus: I am nobody's pawn, Shawn. I'm a Queen.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

Lassiter: Why didn't you stop me?
Juliet: I don't know, I guess I was busy RSVP'ing my invitation to shut it.

#8 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

And another one from Tim:

@meltreger: Oh, and I'm also reading the script for the S7 premiere. A Franks/Callahan joint. All kinds of action our fannypack here at #PSYCH.

Posted Image

Shawn: Don't you see what's happening here, Gus? We are simply pawns in a bitter sibling feud.

Chief Vick: Lassiter, ease up. We're lucky if our psychic doesn't lick the body.

#9 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

And another one from Tim:

@meltreger: Oh, and I'm also reading the script for the S7 premiere. A Franks/Callahan joint. All kinds of action our fannypack here at #PSYCH.

It sounds like they are following the winning formula of Season 6 and James will film his episode first (which makes me believe that he is directing B) --Yay! If they follow the set-up of Season 6 it would be:

1. Steve Franks & Callahan. [Confirmed Premiere Episode]
2. Andy Berman episode.
3. James Roday episode.

But the only one we know the screening order for sure is the Steve Franks episode. The others could end up being further down the list-too soon to tell; I'm just glad they're already giving us info.

#10 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Some more shooting info from Tim O's tweets:

Timothy Omundson@OmundsonOct 31, the day after we wrap Season 7. Rt @JWil07: @Omundson When are you going to bring the beard back?

Timothy Omundson@Omundson

Day 1+ Episode 1 + Season 7 = Monday! Rt. @tjoshbennett: @Omundson When does everyone meet back in Vancouver for season 7?

#11 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Some more shooting info from Tim O's tweets:

Timothy Omundson@OmundsonOct 31, the day after we wrap Season 7. Rt @JWil07: @Omundson When are you going to bring the beard back?

Timothy Omundson@Omundson

Day 1+ Episode 1 + Season 7 = Monday! Rt. @tjoshbennett: @Omundson When does everyone meet back in Vancouver for season 7?

WOW--We now have the entire shooting timeline for Season 7--April 23, 2012 to October 30, 2012!!

I also read on Meltreger's Character chat today (on the USA Network page) that they have 6 of the scripts written (at least I think that's what I read--I was sneaking looks at the Character chatter site at work, so it was look quickly and then run away :rolleyes: ). But I do know that he mentioned 6 scripts (at least) in the final stages of completion. So that means three more will shortly be added to the list of the discussion. I truly believe one of them will be the Clue episode--since it was pretty much finished last season. I don't think Meltreger has mentioned his own script yet--wonder if that's one of the 6. I'll keep my eyes on the look-out for that ;)

#12 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

WOW--We now have the entire shooting timeline for Season 7--April 23, 2012 to October 30, 2012!!

I also read on Meltreger's Character chat today (on the USA Network page) that they have 6 of the scripts written (at least I think that's what I read--I was sneaking looks at the Character chatter site at work, so it was look quickly and then run away :rolleyes: ). But I do know that he mentioned 6 scripts (at least) in the final stages of completion. So that means three more will shortly be added to the list of the discussion. I truly believe one of them will be the Clue episode--since it was pretty much finished last season. I don't think Meltreger has mentioned his own script yet--wonder if that's one of the 6. I'll keep my eyes on the look-out for that ;)

Tidbits from Meltreger's character chatter. Since Tim has a no spoiler rule, everything he said can be posted here. I only @ people if it's part of a conversation.
Wow. You just informed me that the title is out in the ether. Who knew? Yes, the first ep is called "Jack Link's Lassie Jerky" and it's written and directed by our own Roday. We'll shoot that one first.

I guess. There was a rumor that the marketing people were actually going to produce one - a genuine PSYCH 3 Hole Punch that you could buy.

@ Sarah Burmeister - I don't think this counts as a spoiler...if it does, you don't have to answer but I'm guessing the musical episode won't be the season 7 premiere? lol
@Tim Meltreger - We're not sure which one will be the premiere. They're all dripping with awesomeness, and there are a number of them that would make good premieres
@Rebecca C. S. Varga - So it is safe to say that whatever the scene(s) is (are) to conclude the Henry storyline can be added to any episode as the teaser
@Tim Meltreger - You won't have to wait too long to find out Henry's fate.

@Rebecca C. S. Varga - I remember hearing about a possible Clue episode with Nigel St. Nigel coming back. Is the idea still there?
@Tim Meltreger - Still a possibility.

@Sarah Burmeister - You tweeted that you read the first s7 script from Berman...will he be directing that episode also?
@Tim Meltreger - I don't think I should say. But I'll tell you that you'll be happy if he does. He directs the crap out of stuff. And he's funny. He's the total package. Although he did just walk into my office to complain about rewriting. But he's over it now. [Does that mean it's a yes?]

We've got some great Juliet ep ideas we're kicking around. We love our Maggie.

#13 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for posting all that wonderful information, CherithCutestory!

Speaking of Tim Meltreger here is a very recent tweet that I don't see on here yet:

"All hands on deck for Episode 8 pitch #psych" 6 hr ago [4.19.2012]

Tim Meltreger TWITTER

There's also a photo of Chris Henze (I think), Carlos Jacott, and Saladin Patterson--Love you guys!! I'm really hoping that we get to see Carlos in another episode (he's too good not to be in an episode--or better two :) )

Photo

Can't wait to find out what they came up with for Episode 8--which might possibly be the one before a mid-Season break (if they follow last year and it's actually #8 in broadcasting :blink: that's a lot of "ifs" :lol:

#14 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Thank you for posting all that wonderful information, CherithCutestory!

Speaking of Tim Meltreger here is a very recent tweet that I don't see on here yet:

"All hands on deck for Episode 8 pitch #psych" 6 hr ago [4.19.2012]

Tim Meltreger TWITTER

There's also a photo of Chris Henze (I think), Carlos Jacott, and Saladin Patterson--Love you guys!! I'm really hoping that we get to see Carlos in another episode (he's too good not to be in an episode--or better two :) )

Photo

Can't wait to find out what they came up with for Episode 8--which might possibly be the one before a mid-Season break (if they follow last year and it's actually #8 in broadcasting :blink: that's a lot of "ifs" :lol:

It's pretty amazing that they already broke 8 episodes!

#15 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

When a writer pitches an episode, does that 'break' it or does the breaking happen after the writer finishes the first draft?

Also, surely the unmated shoe in the pic belonged to Andy Berman? ;)

#16 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

When a writer pitches an episode, does that 'break' it or does the breaking happen after the writer finishes the first draft?

Also, surely the unmated shoe in the pic belonged to Andy Berman? ;)

Good catch with the shoe :lol: (Good chance you're right.)

Also, good question about what exactly does it mean when the writer's "pitch" an episode. Every so often (like now) I really wish I was on Twitter so I could ask Meltreger (and others) follow-up questions. It's going to be interesting to see (when they start shooting Episode 8)--who won the pitch. Love these little real-time mysteries that are playing out in full view--so the fans can kinda play along!

#17 psyfanatic

psyfanatic

Dedicated Psych-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I never know where to put this stuff, but here's a clip about them taking a break :D

Posted Image

#18 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Awesome thread! I'm dying to hear updates (but not major ones like those unfortunate folks who stumbled on the biggest spoiler on Psych history!)

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#19 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Season Premier title Santabarbaratown 2

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#20 skylucy

skylucy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Season Premier title Santabarbaratown 2

Thank you--Do you know if they are filming it 2nd or not? I'm thinking that they will have the same director (David Crabtree) for both halves. He did a fantastic job with the first half--although, I have no objection if Steve will be directing. Just curious to find out.

I have already started to look for some word about their first day of filming (Today!!! :D ) I know first up is James' "Jack Link's Lassie Jerky" --try saying that quickly even twice. (Who knew that Jack Link's is a real jerky outlet?? :blink: :lol: Not meeee, but obviously the writers did. I can see why the play on Lassie works. (James is great at giving Det. Lassiter/Tim such great scenes/character action in his episodes.) Can't wait to see some set shots and then it will really feel real that Season 7 is on its way.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved