Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

5.4 - Drag Me To Hell - Episode Discussion

4 replies to this topic

Poll: 5.4 - Drag Me To Hell - Episode Discussion (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate this episode!

1. 5 - Great (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. 4 - Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 - Okay (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 2 - Bad (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 - Stinker (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

"Drag Me To Hell" (#5.4)
Mary must protect a drag queen from reverting back to his old ways while Marshall gets "dragged" into an undercover sting operation.

#2 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Wow...shocker ending! I'm glad Mary arrested daddy dearest...it was more in character vs. her falling into his arms. And a surprisingly, I even liked seeing Raph again...it was a nice closure to his and Mary's failed relationship. But OMG! I think I need to wash my eyes out with bleach after seeing Marshall performing in drag! :blink: I have to say, though, I was absolutely cracking up every time I saw him.

I'm still depressed about the apparent abandonment of an M&M relationship. <_< If I do watch the whole...well, half...season on tv, I'm not going to bother purchasing it on DVD...I'd rather stick with the first few seasons when an M&M "happily ever after" (no matter how dysfunctional) was at least a possibility.

Edited by MrsMann, 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Birdsfan

Birdsfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Excellent eposode, although I was a little surprised that Mary was so quick to believe the witness's claim that he only had the wig and wasn't thinking of resuming his drag persona. She's always been too cynical for that type of unqualified acceptance. I have also been impressed with the direction the producers have been taking Delia's character this season and was glad to see her working her network to keep herself in federal law enforcement, not to mention her decisive takedown of Connard.
On the topic of the M&M relationship I have to respectfully disagree with MrsMann. While there is obviously a great deal of respect and even love between Mary and Marshall I have never really seen it as being romantic in any way, more like a sister/brother type of thing. They work well together because they are such opposites and bring different ways of thinking to the job, but they would drive each other CRAZY if they were a couple. In my opinion, any romantic setup was just a red herring.
I think the difference in personality also played into Marshall's willingness to do the drag show; he's always been more open to stretching himself and trying new things, whereas Mary's life experience has made her more cautious and closed off. That said, while his singing was nothing to brag about the overall performance was a hoot!

#4 Summer_Fun

Summer_Fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm still depressed about the apparent abandonment of an M&M relationship.

You can't abandon what was never there to begin with.

While there is obviously a great deal of respect and even love between Mary and Marshall I have never really seen it as being romantic in any way, more like a sister/brother type of thing. They work well together because they are such opposites and bring different ways of thinking to the job, but they would drive each other CRAZY if they were a couple. In my opinion, any romantic setup was just a red herring.

Exactly.  It's the kind of wishful thinking and interpretation that happen when viewers put romantic relationships first on a TV show.

Edited by Summer_Fun, 18 April 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#5 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I beg to differ that a potential M&M relationship wasn't there. Just watch season 1, especially "Trojan Horst". Plus, in all the interviews with the actors, directors, etc. they always mentioned it. Perhaps it was more one-sided...clearly Marshall has/had it bad for Mary, but she was/is too afraid to return the feelings.

Reply to this topic

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved