Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

White Collar's April Foolery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: WC April Foolery (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Season One - Least Favorite Episode

1. Pilot (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Threads (11 votes [40.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.74%

3. Book of Hours (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. Flip of the Coin (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. The Portrait (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

6. All In (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Free Fall (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

8. Hard Sell (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Bad Judgment (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

10. Vital Signs (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

11. Home Invasion (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

12. Bottlenecked (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

13. Front Man (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Out of the Box (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

Season Two - Least Favorite Episode

1. Withdrawal (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

2. Need to Know (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Copycat Caffrey (0 votes [0.00%])

4. By the Book (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

5. Unfinished Business (5 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

6. In the Red (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

7. Prisoner's Dilemma (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

8. Company Man (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

9. Point Blank (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Burke's Seven (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Forging Bonds (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

12. What Happens in Burma (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

13. Countermeasures (0 votes [0.00%])

14. Payback (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

15. Power Play (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Under the Radar (7 votes [25.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

Season Three - Least Favorite Episode

1. On Guard (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

2. Where There's a Will (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Deadline (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

4. Dentist of Detroit (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

5. Veiled Threat (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Scott Free (3 votes [11.11%] - View)

7. Taking Account (5 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

8. As You Were (2 votes [7.41%] - View)

9. On the Fence (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Countdown (1 votes [3.70%] - View)

11. Checkmate (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Upper West Side Story (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Neighborhood Watch (12 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

14. Pulling Strings (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Stealing Home (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Judgment Day (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#1 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,478 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

It's April Fool's Day.

Welcome to the White Collar Forum's version of April Foolery.

When I created White Collar's March Madness for favorite episode by season, I knew that it would be so much easier for me to choose my least favorite episode from each season than to pick a favorite.

Now we all know which episodes were our favorites and why but which White Collar episodes were your least favorites and why?

There will be four (4) rounds in our White Collar April Foolery before the Finals.

Each round will start on a Sunday and last for just one week

Round 1 Sunday April 1st Saturday April 7 th

Round 2 Sunday April 8th Saturday 14th

Round 3 Sunday April 15th - Saturday April 21st

Round 4 Sunday April 22nd Saturday April 28th

The least favorite four (4) episodes from Round 1 will move on to Round 2

The least favorite two (2) episodes from Round 2 will get into Round 3

The least favorite episodes from Round 3 will make it to Round 4

Round 4 will give us the overall least favorite episode from each season for the Least Favorite Final Round which will start on Sunday, April 29th and end on Saturday May 5th.

You can vote for only one (1) episode in each season. Please tell us why that episode is your least favorite.

This should help us get through April and into May. :)

Edited by LI_Ann, 01 April 2012 - 09:20 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#2 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

In Season 2, I don't have a least favorite, so the poll won't accept my vote.

In Season 1, least favorite was Threads. I didn't find anything too great about it. Neal didn't get to show off any of his real skills, same with Peter. My favorite part was the exchange between Neal and Peter and Neal was trying to make Peter look like his muscle.

Season 3 would be Deadline. I really didn't care if anything happened to Helen Anderson because I thought she was a real piece of work.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#3 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,478 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

In Season 2, I don't have a least favorite, so the poll won't accept my vote.

In Season 1, least favorite was Threads. I didn't find anything too great about it. Neal didn't get to show off any of his real skills, same with Peter. My favorite part was the exchange between Neal and Peter and Neal was trying to make Peter look like his muscle.

Season 3 would be Deadline. I really didn't care if anything happened to Helen Anderson because I thought she was a real piece of work.

I have a problem with S1. I can't decide which episode was my least favorite. I decided. It was All In.

Season 2 was easy for me. I hated the ending of Under the Radar and didn't like the treasure arc which was introduced and haunted us throughout S3. S3 may be a problem too. There were so many I didn't care for but I think I'll vote for Neighborhood Watch because it was so out of character and ridiculous.

Edited by LI_Ann, 01 April 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#4 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

this was really hard. I just want to say, not sure if these are my actual least favorite because really I don't hate them, they just aren't in the top ones I watch over and over!

#5 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

I didn't like the endings on many episodes, but I'm not using that as a criteria for choosing a least favorite episode. Same if there was a scene or two, that I didn't like. I'm basing it on the whole episode. Threads did the least for me, it felt like a let down after that fantastic Pilot. Deadline had a couple of nice scenes, but nothing really got me. The ending, when Mozzie was having a hissy fit because he missed Melissa, didn't impress it at all, in fact, I just wanted to slap Mozzie. He dropped the ball.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#6 suebsg9

suebsg9

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

this was really hard. I just want to say, not sure if these are my actual least favorite because really I don't hate them, they just aren't in the top ones I watch over and over!

Nice to know not the only one who can pick a least fav eps. Just something about eps I like.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

#7 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,478 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

No one said you have "hate" or "dislike" an episode to vote for it as your least favorite.

If it's not one of your favorites, then it has to be one of your least favorites.

#8 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

No one said you have "hate" or "dislike" an episode to vote for it as your least favorite.

If it's not one of your favorites, then it has to be one of your least favorites.

Sorry don't have a least favorite eps. I am someone who can watch eps of a show over and over again and never get sick of it.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#9 shakespeareskate

shakespeareskate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

This was even more difficult for me than choosing my favourite episode :)! The only episode I think of skipping sometimes is Home Invasion.

#10 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Pretty hard to choose. Somehow harder to point the ones I like least than the ones I like most. I voted, but I'm not sure. Choices could be different next time I rewatch them all...

ZhL3auH.png

TeamDeKay.org - for everything TDK

#11 Zetsuei

Zetsuei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Damn it , I meant to vote for " Neighborhood Watch " but my hand is twitching and shaking . :( I accidently voted for " Countdown ".

#12 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Damn it , I meant to vote for " Neighborhood Watch " but my hand is twitching and shaking . :( I accidently voted for " Countdown ".

You can delete your vote and re-vote.
Cathy

#13 Groovy82

Groovy82

You are so.....loved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok for my least favorites I picked Under the radar and On Gard, for season 2 and 3. I was unhappy with the ending of under the rader and the way Peter jumped to the conclusion that Neal stole the treasure, with out asking him first and maybe listening to him. As much as I like Peter I still think he should given Neal a chance to explain. As for On gaurd I don't like it because it's the start of the whole treasure thing. As always I had a big problem choosing a least favorite for season 1.

#14 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Ok for my least favorites I picked Under the radar and On Gard, for season 2 and 3. I was unhappy with the ending of under the rader and the way Peter jumped to the conclusion that Neal stole the treasure, with out asking him first and maybe listening to him. As much as I like Peter I still think he should given Neal a chance to explain. As for On gaurd I don't like it because it's the start of the whole treasure thing. As always I had a big problem choosing a least favorite for season 1.

Right, just like the Music Box, which clearly Neal had nothing to do with... :rolleyes:
Neal would never have sold Mozzie, so no matter how more diplomat Peter could have been, Neal would still have taken the blame. And Peter was right, it was Neal's painting.

ZhL3auH.png

TeamDeKay.org - for everything TDK

#15 Surreal44

Surreal44

Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

I voted for "Vital Signs". There were lots of fun moments, but overall it was a weak plot, and although the doctor guy was irritating, I was rather horrified by the way Peter and Neal took him down. Making someone believe that they're dying, giving them hope for a new kidney, and ripping that hope away is really not cool.

Season Two was "Unfinished Business". We meet Sara for the first time, and she didn't impress me. Neal was whiny, Peter was absolutely unconcerned with Neal's safety, and Jones was demoted to finding Sara's pants. Wasted episode for me.

Season Three was "Taking Account" (although if I had two votes I'd also vote for "Scott Free"). Terrible plot. Neal was awful. Sara's supposedly good influence on Neal didn't work at all. Unnecessary romantic drama, Sara moving in with Neal and ignoring his boundaries...meh. Just meh.

---The End ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avatar created by unknown person. If someone finds the owner, please let me know.

#16 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I didn't like Threads, it was weak as far as a story line. Did not like Company Man, too much Peter and not enough Neal. I like the show mostly when they work closely together, and that one to me was the most extreme in the series. Hated Neighborhood Watch. Haven't watched it again.

#17 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have a problem with S1. I can't decide which episode was my least favorite. I decided. It was All In.

Season 2 was easy for me. I hated the ending of Under the Radar and didn't like the treasure arc which was introduced and haunted us throughout S3. S3 may be a problem too. There were so many I didn't care for but I think I'll vote for Neighborhood Watch because it was so out of character and ridiculous.

Too funny, Ann, I voted for the exact same episodes you did!

S1 was was the hardest. I liked all of the episodes, but I was debating between Book of Hours, Flip of the Coin, All In and The Portrait. Each of those don't hold a special place in my heart. Again, didn't dislike any of them, just like them less.

I finally chose All In because I didn't like the Interpol woman (stereotypes, anyone? I'm of Chinese heritage myself & she bugged me with her China doll impression.). Also Neal was rather foolish/naive for believing her.

S2 was "Under the Radar" hands down because of the ending. Peter felt very out of character to me, flying off the handle. Not saying he didn't have cause, but Peter's usually so rational that it came off as very odd to me.

S3 was again, no competition - Neighborhood Watch. First and only WC episode where it actually felt slow. Also El made no sense, and there was too little Peter/Neal interaction. A very weak episode overall.

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#18 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,478 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I didn't like Threads, it was weak as far as a story line. Did not like Company Man, too much Peter and not enough Neal. I like the show mostly when they work closely together, and that one to me was the most extreme in the series. Hated Neighborhood Watch. Haven't watched it again.

Too funny, Ann, I voted for the exact same episodes you did!

S1 was was the hardest. I liked all of the episodes, but I was debating between Book of Hours, Flip of the Coin, All In and The Portrait. Each of those don't hold a special place in my heart. Again, didn't dislike any of them, just like them less.

I finally chose All In because I didn't like the Interpol woman (stereotypes, anyone? I'm of Chinese heritage myself & she bugged me with her China doll impression.). Also Neal was rather foolish/naive for believing her.

S2 was "Under the Radar" hands down because of the ending. Peter felt very out of character to me, flying off the handle. Not saying he didn't have cause, but Peter's usually so rational that it came off as very odd to me.

S3 was again, no competition - Neighborhood Watch. First and only WC episode where it actually felt slow. Also El made no sense, and there was too little Peter/Neal interaction. A very weak episode overall.

This is fascinating. I think it's more interesting to see which episodes were not "favorites" and why than to see which were. I've read some of the comments from those who say they can't choose a "least favorite" and I'm not buying it. If you were able to choose a single episode as your "favorite" that instantly makes all the other episodes in that season not your "favorite" and qualifies them for April Foolery.

The other thing I find fascinating is that so many of you didn't like Neighborhood Watch. The hype for that episode said it would probably be an all time fan favorite. It certainly missed that mark and on so many levels too including the fact that Joe what's his name was boring and not hot IMHO.

ETA: I didn't care for Threads either but I voted for All In for the same reasons as PJ.

Edited by LI_Ann, 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#19 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,847 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

This is fascinating. I think it's more interesting to see which episodes were not "favorites" and why than to see which were. I've read some of the comments from those who say they can't choose a "least favorite" and I'm not buying it. If you were able to choose a single episode as your "favorite" that instantly makes all the other episodes in that season not your "favorite" and qualifies them for April Foolery.

The other thing I find fascinating is that so many of you didn't like Neighborhood Watch. The hype for that episode said it would probably be an all time fan favorite. It certainly missed that mark and on so many levels too including the fact that Joe what's his name was boring and not hot IMHO.

ETA: I didn't care for Threads either but I voted for All In for the same reasons as PJ.

I agree with you about Joe whatshisname (that's terrible, he's Matt's close friend and we should at least know his last name, I think we do, we just can't spell it). I didn't like All In either, but it at least had a reason for being. I don't believe it's possible to like everything. I also didn't like Dentist of Detroit, but disliked Neighborhood Watch more. Also, I thought Book of Hours was an excellent episode and really liked the archeologist who is now on Necessary Roughness. Cindyanna Jones. Mozzie and the policeman were hilarious. What did he call him, peeboy? Peter leaving Neal in the car "with the windows cracked" and both of them sitting on the bench looking out at the river as Peter practically told Neal he could go search the murdered mans home. Really a funny episode with Mozzie wearing Peter's jacket.

#20 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

You can believe it or not up to you but I can't choose a least favorite heck had a hard time picking favorite from all the seasons finally made a choice but it was hard. So that is why can't find a least favorite. I stuck with Payback but for season two I could have choose so many and same with season three and season one. I mean they are all good in their own unique way.So you may think I could find a favorite trust me very hard descision. So choosing a least just can't do it.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved