• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 JazzHands95

JazzHands95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Well we all know that psych was renewed for a seventh season. But I was wondering... Do you guys think that it wil get renewed beyond that? I love the show and hope it does but 8 seasons is a really long time to air. Don't get me wrong I think they are more then capable of doing so but I was just curious...

#2 psychlover22

psychlover22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well we all know that psych was renewed for a seventh season. But I was wondering... Do you guys think that it wil get renewed beyond that? I love the show and hope it does but 8 seasons is a really long time to air. Don't get me wrong I think they are more then capable of doing so but I was just curious...

i would love a season 8!!!!!!

#3 Brookietookiee

Brookietookiee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

As much as I would LOVE to have an 8th season, I kind of have my suspicions that season 7 will be the last. I've heard about a lot of character development that will be going on in that season... Not sure what Steve Franks means by that.

We can sure hope!!! :)
Posted Image
Official Shules Shipper, James Roday stalker, and proud Psych-o

"Why are you sitting at my desk?"
"Just working on my status updates man... Check this one out: Shawn Spencer is trading in his Chevy for a Cattilacalacalacalac"
"They why are you-
"Alacalacalac"
"Then why are y-"
"Alacalacalac"
"SHAWN!"
"Come on, let's hug it out."
"I would rather learn to play the harp"

#4 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Dulé said something about how it will be nice if they can catch up to Monk but not pass it. So, it sounds like they'll do 8 seasons at most. I'm OK with the show ending in season 7 as long as they get enough notice to wrap up the stories.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#5 MonaMe7780

MonaMe7780

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure how much further they can take these characters. Dulé himself said in an interview that he thinks the show has a shelf-life, and that man-children stop being funny once they hit 45 or so. ;) As much as I love the show, I'm kind of hoping for season 7 to be its last, before the concept gets stale and the actors grow out of their roles.

#6 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

I was thinking 8 seasons would be perfect. And why not surpass Monk? If they keep doing 16 episodes a season, they'll pass Monk by a few episodes, which is fine, unless an 8th season were to be shortened. I'm just glad a show I love has lasted past 1 season, as that seems to be the norm for me these days, but that's mostly with major network shows. What I love about basic and premium cable shows are, they usually give great shows I love more of a chance to survive and develop their shows and characters more and build an audience. I'm glad and applaud USA (claps) for putting on and keeping shows like Psych, In Plain Sight, Monk, White Collar and Burn Notice on the air long enough to do proper finales. The only show they seemed to cancel quickly was Touching Evil, but that was already a UK show and didn't seem to have major loose ends. Plus they air Burn Notice, which features the same actor, Jeffrey Donovan, so it's all good to me.

Let's see, a quick check of Wikipedia shows that Monk lasted 8 years and 125 episodes, maybe 124 since the pilot is counted as 2 episodes, since it reruns in two parts, but was a 1 hour pilot episode. Season 7, next season, will be 16 episodes again, brining Psych's total to 111 episodes. So for Psych not to pass Monk, they would have to do an 8th season lasting only 13 or 14 episodes, instead of their usual 16. I'm fine with that, as long as all the major storylines are wrapped up and there are no looses ends. I take it then the producers would address putting an end to the conflict and tension between Shawn and Henry by the end of the series, maybe have Shawn and Jules or Shules have a wedding in the closing scene, or maybe show Lassiter getting married to his girlfriend or a double wedding or one or the couples marry, with the other one in attendance and deciding to consider marriage themselves, maybe ending with the boyfriend of the other couple proposing. There's a lot of good ways the series could go for a great ending IMO. What do you guys think the producers should do?

And as for TV shows in general, I think dramatic shows should usually run about 4 or 5 years, 7 to 8 tops and comedy shows or sitcoms about 7-9 years tops. After that, shows tend to get stale, run out of good ideas and usually ruin what made the shows great, by taking characters in crazy directions you were hoping to never see them go in. I believe the popular term for that is Jump The Shark. I'm glad to see Psych has never done that. I've actually lost interest in a lot of shows that have gone on for way too long, like Law and Order, CSI, Degrassi's revived series, they just lose me after they go on too long. The UK has the right idea too IMO. I've noticed with their shows, when looking up ones that ended up having American versions (Life on Mars, The Office, Wilfred), they usually do only 2 seasons, 8 episodes per season and then they just end it already. We seem to run shows into the ground here in the US. What do you guys think about how long shows should last in general?

#7 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

i would love them to have 8 seasons just like Monk did, i dont want next season to be the last, im not ready to let go of this show yet. lol :)
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#8 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I was thinking 8 seasons would be perfect. And why not surpass Monk? If they keep doing 16 episodes a season, they'll pass Monk by a few episodes, which is fine, unless an 8th season were to be shortened. I'm just glad a show I love has lasted past 1 season, as that seems to be the norm for me these days, but that's mostly with major network shows. What I love about basic and premium cable shows are, they usually give great shows I love more of a chance to survive and develop their shows and characters more and build an audience. I'm glad and applaud USA (claps) for putting on and keeping shows like Psych, In Plain Sight, Monk, White Collar and Burn Notice on the air long enough to do proper finales. The only show they seemed to cancel quickly was Touching Evil, but that was already a UK show and didn't seem to have major loose ends. Plus they air Burn Notice, which features the same actor, Jeffrey Donovan, so it's all good to me.

Let's see, a quick check of Wikipedia shows that Monk lasted 8 years and 125 episodes, maybe 124 since the pilot is counted as 2 episodes, since it reruns in two parts, but was a 1 hour pilot episode. Season 7, next season, will be 16 episodes again, brining Psych's total to 111 episodes. So for Psych not to pass Monk, they would have to do an 8th season lasting only 13 or 14 episodes, instead of their usual 16. I'm fine with that, as long as all the major storylines are wrapped up and there are no looses ends. I take it then the producers would address putting an end to the conflict and tension between Shawn and Henry by the end of the series, maybe have Shawn and Jules or Shules have a wedding in the closing scene, or maybe show Lassiter getting married to his girlfriend or a double wedding or one or the couples marry, with the other one in attendance and deciding to consider marriage themselves, maybe ending with the boyfriend of the other couple proposing. There's a lot of good ways the series could go for a great ending IMO. What do you guys think the producers should do?

And as for TV shows in general, I think dramatic shows should usually run about 4 or 5 years, 7 to 8 tops and comedy shows or sitcoms about 7-9 years tops. After that, shows tend to get stale, run out of good ideas and usually ruin what made the shows great, by taking characters in crazy directions you were hoping to never see them go in. I believe the popular term for that is Jump The Shark. I'm glad to see Psych has never done that. I've actually lost interest in a lot of shows that have gone on for way too long, like Law and Order, CSI, Degrassi's revived series, they just lose me after they go on too long. The UK has the right idea too IMO. I've noticed with their shows, when looking up ones that ended up having American versions (Life on Mars, The Office, Wilfred), they usually do only 2 seasons, 8 episodes per season and then they just end it already. We seem to run shows into the ground here in the US. What do you guys think about how long shows should last in general?

Your forgetting 1 important factor in this not surpassing Monk there will be a new Monk movie that is filming shortly and will be on TV in December

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#9 kyraugsmiht

kyraugsmiht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

Not sure what Steve Franks means by that.

We can sure hope!! Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

It would be really upsetting if their last season is 7 - especially since each season has like 15-16 episodes (so technically they've done about 3 1/2 seasons more or less). Monk had 8 seasons yes, but they also had like 22 episodes in each. If Psych ends it next year,or the year after for that matter, they won't really be catching up to Monk and no where near surpassing it.

That being said, DON'T END IT ON SEASON SEVEN!

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#11 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

i would love them to have 8 seasons just like Monk did, i dont want next season to be the last, im not ready to let go of this show yet. lol :)

I feel the same! I'm nowhere near ready!

Posted Image

#12 nzshulesluva

nzshulesluva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

I would love Psych to go on forever but I know that will never happen. My heart says a 8th season but my head is saying we will only get 7 seasons. To me from what I heard from Andy Berman we are getting major character development in season 7 and I just feel like they are beginning to wrap up the show and the story lines with all the characters. But that is just my opinion and I would loved to be proved wrong.

#13 JazzHands95

JazzHands95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

I don't think that the show is getting stale or will get stale at an eight season. I really wanna believe that we will have 8 seasons or more but for some reason there's something that's telling me season 7 is the last one. I think that Steve franks is going to want to end the show on top.. As long as the cast remains an eight season would be great.

#14 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think the cast is ready to move on in a year or two. Dulé and James had said something to that effect before. Also, wasn't Steve and Chris Henze pitching a pilot or something last year?
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#15 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Even though i have been complaining about some of the writers choices of late, in my opinion the show is still fresh and still the best show on TV and i think that it could easily last another 2 or 3 seasons and i would also vote for a feature film after the series ends. I believe that the show will have at least eight seasons, Maggie Lawson recently said that they all (the cast) want to keep the show going for as long as they can and for as long as they keep enjoying it and they still do.

Also, another reason why i do not think that 7 will be the final season is because i think they would have announced it as the final season when they announced the renewal, so that the fans could prepare themselves and the writers could map out the season accordingly. Yes they are going to focus heavily on character development next season and according to Andy Berman some big things are going to happen by mid-season (i suspect Shawn will come clean to Juliet in the mid-season finale), but i just can't see them wrapping all the story lines up in the last 7 or 8 episodes of season 7, it seems like very little time in which to do that. I think the show needs at least 8 seasons to wrap things up nicely and i think season 7 will signal the start of the wrap up but it won't be the final season.

Just my opinion Posted Image

Edited by Shulesrockz, 23 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Even though i have been complaining about some of the writers choices of late, in my opinion the show is still fresh and still the best show on TV and i think that it could easily last another 2 or 3 seasons and i would also vote for a feature film after the series ends. I believe that the show will have at least eight seasons, Maggie Lawson recently said that they all (the cast) want to keep the show going for as long as they can and for as long as they keep enjoying it and they still do.

Also, another reason why i do not think that 7 will be the final season is because i think they would have announced it as the final season when they announced the renewal, so that the fans could prepare themselves and the writers could map out the season accordingly.

Reading this made me feel RELIEVED! It's true - if it was the season finale they would've clearly mentioned it.
2 or 3 more seasons? More like 4 or 5!!! XD

Edited by MrsUzumaki, 23 March 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Reading this made me feel RELIEVED! It's true - if it was the season finale they would've clearly mentioned it.
2 or 3 more seasons? More like 4 or 5!!! XD

That's the spirit!Posted Image I think that we should all stay positive about this Posted Image (yes i know that's weird coming from mePosted Image)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Also, another reason why i do not think that 7 will be the final season is because i think they would have announced it as the final season when they announced the renewal, so that the fans could prepare themselves and the writers could map out the season accordingly. Yes they are going to focus heavily on character development next season and according to Andy Berman some big things are going to happen by mid-season (i suspect Shawn will come clean to Juliet in the mid-season finale), but i just can't see them wrapping all the story lines up in the last 7 or 8 episodes of season 7, it seems like very little time in which to do that. I think the show needs at least 8 seasons to wrap things up nicely and i think season 7 will signal the start of the wrap up but it won't be the final season.

Just my opinion Posted Image

You are right, if season 7 was going to be the last season we would have found out by now because the network would have told them so that they could right season 7 accordingly because if i am correct they should start filming season 7 in the next 2-3 weeks. I would love an 8th or 9th season, this is the best show on the planet.
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#19 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

You are right, if season 7 was going to be the last season we would have found out by now because the network would have told them so that they could right season 7 accordingly because if i am correct they should start filming season 7 in the next 2-3 weeks. I would love an 8th or 9th season, this is the best show on the planet.

Filming of season 7 starts on the 20th of April (in less than a month), not only that the writers have been back for almost 2 months!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Easter2

Easter2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

If Shawn does come clean with Juliet (which I also, like you guys have said, imagine he will), don't you think it's important that the writers and producers make sure that the police department at least doesn't find out, since Shawn would be prosecuted for something, like fraud maybe. I believe the chief even says something like that in the pilot episode. I also remember a scene in the pilot where Shawn is talking to Gus at their first crime scene and says that the only way anyone will know he's not really Psychic is if he tells people "and that will NEVER happen." So, if they're going to stick with the premise they established in the pilot, wouldn't it make sense for the department to still not find out even after Shawn tells Jules the truth. After all, I doubt Jules would want Shawn to go to prison and lose his detective agency.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved