• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Omg Andy was hilarious, that voice lol
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#22 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

I can almost predict more threads about the 'inapproriate' content of Psych these days.

BUT I laughed my ass off when Woody said that last line. OMG!

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#23 YankeeFan87

YankeeFan87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Loved that episode. Shawn was great, not idiotic at all. Favorite line - "You're saying the dwarf is still at large?" And Gus's delayed fist-bump. One question, though - at the end the chief says Woody was lucky O'Hara was still doing paperwork at the station when Shawn called...then why the hell were Shawn and Gus there when she saved Woody? Did she wait until they got there??? Other than that, I loved it.

Wow. Never mind I was totally wrong about that - it was just Jules. I guess I just assumed they were there. My bad.

Edited by YankeeFan87, 28 March 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#24 psychlover22

psychlover22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

loved tonite's episode so funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Favorite line: "Bums facing me!!" Andy berman was so funny loved it great job psych the psychout was EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#25 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Loved this episode. It was awesome, so funny i laughed so hard. The elevator bit was so funny, and Gus not getting the joke right away and delaying the fistbump loved it so funny
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#26 InLovewithShawnSpencer

InLovewithShawnSpencer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

henry was so funny omg loved this eppy!! and woody was great too!!!!
Posted Image
Shawn: You think I don't want her to be happy? I want her to be happy. But, serious Shawn moment here: I want to be happy too. But, for some reason, I can't imagine that happening without Juliet. How crazy is that?

Shawn: (to Juliet) Take lots of pictures, not of sights; don't take pictures of buildings. Take pictures of moments, cause that's what matters, capture them here (points to his head) and hold onto them here (points to his heart) at least that's what I would do

#27 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

When Berman suddenly appeared on screen I couldn't stop laughing! My arms were waving in the air like a retarded seal! That and the elevator bit.

Other than those...it was okay :)

Btw, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FLASHBACKS?! I assumed since this episode is more associated with coarpses I was hoping there would be a flashback where Henry teaches Shawn about dead bodies and Shawn would get freaked...or something! C'MON SON!

Edited by MrsUzumaki, 29 March 2012 - 01:57 PM.

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#28 Mc2a2k8

Mc2a2k8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Meh, other then Andy's character I wasn't a big fan of this episode.

Posted Image

"No more tears Jules"

#29 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I thought this episode was great! Shawn was a bit more intelligent than he has been the rest of the season, there were many comedic moments, Andy was super funny, and it was nice to get the whole group some all together on screen time. It was a little strange how they started the episode, but I thought it was good. :D Nice work, Andy Berman!
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

#30 dantooine14

dantooine14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Does anyone know the name of the actress who played Penny, the in home performer girl?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 YankeeFan87

YankeeFan87

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

Does anyone know the name of the actress who played Penny, the in home performer girl?

Kate Micucci - I've seen her on Raising Hope.

#32 Shulesrockz

Shulesrockz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Easily one of the weakest (and weirdest) episodes of the season, even Woody's humor seemed forced and exaggerated in this episode. I also knew who the killer was as soon as she appeared on screen. I thought Andy Berman's cameo was going to make me laugh, but i didn't, not even once. Sorry Andy!

Andy Berman is my favorite writer on the show but this episode (that he co-wrote with Roday) to my mind had more of James' influence in it than Andy's. I didn't laugh once and at one point i actually dosed off.

The ONLY scene that i thought was mildly funny and amusing was when Jules and Lassie were interviewing the woman on stage.

Also Shawn wasn't as annoying, in fact i quite liked him in this episode, he reminded me of season 3 Shawn.

It was nice to see the Chief, but the material she was given and the shortness of her scenes were a huge let down.

This episode definitely goes in the "once was enough" pile.

COME ON ANDY BERMAN AND JAMES RODAY, YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!

Out of the five episodes that have aired so far in this second half of the season, i have only liked one, but even that fell flat on so many things.

I am very disheartened and disappointed with season 6.5 in general. The first half of season 6 was EXCELLENT classic Psych with some of the funniest episodes i have seen, so the difference between the two halves is like night and day to me.

Let's hope that these last two episodes make up for it in some way, plus we still have another whole new season to look forward to.

This is just my own personal opinion, so please do not start bashing me.Posted Image

Edited by Shulesrockz, 30 March 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Easily one of the weakest (and weirdest) episodes of the season, even Woody's humor seemed forced and exaggerated in this episode. I also knew who the killer was as soon as she appeared on screen. I thought Andy Berman's cameo was going to make me laugh, but i didn't, not even once. Sorry Andy!

Andy Berman is my favorite writer on the show but this episode (that he co-wrote with Roday) to my mind had more of James' influence in it than Andy's. I didn't laugh once and at one point i actually dosed off.

The ONLY scene that i thought was mildly funny and amusing was when Jules and Lassie were interviewing the woman on stage.

Also Shawn wasn't as annoying, in fact i quite liked him in this episode, he reminded me of season 3 Shawn.

It was nice to see the Chief, but the material she was given and the shortness of her scenes were a huge let down.

This episode definitely goes in the "once was enough" pile.

COME ON ANDY BERMAN AND JAMES RODAY, YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!

Out of the five episodes that have aired so far in this second half of the season, i have only liked one, but even that fell flat on so many things.

I am very disheartened and disappointed with season 6.5 in general. The first half of season 6 was EXCELLENT classic Psych with some of the funniest episodes i have seen, so the difference between the two halves is like night and day to me.

Let's hope that these last two episodes make up for it in some way, plus we still have another whole new season to look forward to.

This is just my own personal opinion, so please do not start bashing me.Posted Image

Don't worry. Share :)

I was a little dissappointed too (I already wrote my verdict above). I think the only episode I've enjoyed full-out this season was Last Night Gus. And that one moment when Shawn collapses on stage. That's about it.

We can only hope for a brilliant season finale (especially since it's Henry related, which is always awesome).

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#34 Kbartelt

Kbartelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Kurt was absolutely wonderful in this episode. I would totally want him to be the coroner when I die! The last scene with him and Chief Vick! Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Shawn: Oh Brown Snowman Gus, I think I will miss you most of all.

Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

I've heard it both ways.

#35 chyaa789

chyaa789

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

I really enjoyed this episode, there were a lot of awesome directing choices in it (yay Jennifer Lynch!) that I think would be a cool "permanent" directing style for psych (like when Shawn was in the street and recreating the blackened out street in his mind, and the bulb explodes... cool stuff!)

If anything I felt a little bad for French Stewart's character bc they just believed so quickly that he did it and sort of threw their biggest fan under the bus when you just knew he didn't do it lol. BUT I didn't see coming who the killer was until the end so that was a cool twist.

Overall I definitely enjoyed it and would give this ep 8.5/10 :]

Edited by chyaa789, 30 March 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#36 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

To me, this episode was like one from an early season, when Shawn and Gus helped friends, Henry always came when called, Lassie wasn't just a d-bag, Juliet was a diligent professional, and Chief Vick was CHIEF Vick, authoritative but compassionate.

I laughed a lot. With Woody in a featured role, they were able to could go as freaky as he is (well, as much as can be allowed)."Adults only Clown?" "Let's pretend we're doing an episode of Red Shoe Diaries", "I guess it will just be in my dreams that you are the Chief of doing me" Woody's personality is such a great canvas for the writers. He lives his life with such joy, so little regret, so few inhibitions. It was lovely to see Glenne Headly as his foil. She can play crazy, sexy and a conniving innocent better than anyone. She and Woody get turned on by the job. Classic. So sad she was the murderer. I hope it means a stream of dates for Woody next season. Or at least talk of some lady friends.

Phat Thai Jones! Who knows the song they used in the restaurant? Perfect transition. The weirdness of Andy as an adopted lonely Thai immigrant. In an episode populated by strangeness, his may have been the oddest one. I loved the After Hours remark. So true. The other Santa Barbara: where taxi dancers comfort regular Joes, performance artists invite you into their stage/home and fake psychics read other fake psychics.

The other music was interesting as well. Late night jazz and 50's Noir melodrama. It set a nice tone.

I loved the street light exploding when Shawn reenacted the night of the murder as well. It was different choice for one of his psych visions.

The look of the taxi dance ballroom and its denizens was perfect. And Whipp's introduction beautiful. "Because I am a lonely individual and so was Bob White" Henry is so Season 2! Looking for love or an approximation of it. "Can I call you Captain Magic?"

I thought the theme of lonely hearts played well thru the entire episode. How some become bitter (like Grace), some despondent (like Bob White), and some use their solitary existence to fuel other passions (Whipp).

To me this was a thank you to all the fans. All the quirky PsychOs who memorize every episode. Who attend fan events.
Support the cast in other endeavors. This is Whipp! "You're rambunctious and odd and turtle-necky" "We always do enjoy meeting a true fan" "Am I the only one who thought Mary Lightly was the killer" "Wow, you really read this closely"

"Dude, we already hung out with enough crazy white people this year" Indeed! :D

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 30 March 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#37 JillianLovesFood

JillianLovesFood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Comparing this episode with the previous two I liked it way better! In the previous two episodes there were issues with acting & camera shots that annoyed me. Also a lack in storyline. The fact we could pick out the killer so easily didn't seem to matter so much compared to what was going on in this episode. I feel like the old Shawn came back & I certainly missed him! Shawn was quirky but smart, I loved the Shawnvisions & he didn't really suspect Whip was the killer until the misgiven clues added up. I think he should have more faith in his own judgement of characters. I knew there wouldn't be much Shules in it so it's not like I was disappointed. Of course the shoutout was excellent! I love Chief Vick & I love when Chief Vick gets more airtime! The Chief Vick/Shawn relationship is something that makes me love this series. I just hope in S7 there will be a chance to reflect that relationship more. Also, of course I hope the uncomfortable thing between Shawn & Juliet will go away. I can't believe they're even dating at this point. I mean how far away does Juliet have to stand from Shawn? ANYWAY... good episode but definitely not up to the same level as Last Night Gus.
Juliet: "I can't believe your Uncle Jack actually had a treasure map."
Lassiter: "I can't believe you actually pretended your uncle was your dad."
Shawn: "I wanted Gus' dad to do it. But there was a genealogy issue I just couldn't resolve."

AFTHP- Advocate For Three Hole Punchers wishes to remind you there are many three hole punchers out there without a home. Please adopt one today.

#38 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

I loved this episode and I know some are not happy with no Shules but the thing that I noticed was when they are questioning the people in the dance hall Shawn is never dancing with a girl because he was the only one of the four who wasn't lonely. I loved Andy Bermans scene but the bit I cracked up at was Shawns Shi.... then wanting plum cake love when you almost get swearing without really swearing ;)

bumping up to knock a certain post down to the next page :P

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

#39 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

This has got to be in my top 3 this season for originality alone.

I really liked the tone of this ep (freaky rather than silly), the overload of quirky side characters and strange situations was wonderful! Great casting. The Berman cameo was funny! And I saw Ivana Milicevic (the medium) in Greedy last year, such perfect comic timing.

Loved to see the chief back, especially the "inappropriate" scene at the end hehehe. Loved the writing for Shawn and especially Gus. Not much screen time for Henry, but the end scene alone made upfor a lot :lol:.
Pacing-wise it wasn't frantic laugh-a-minute, but so fun to watch all those beautiful visual gags - the lift pantomime, the way the three were lined up looking at the dancers and swaying side to side, the way they were having a serious case discussion with gus and the woman still dancing (must be the only time this season that Gus didn't go all "player").

Like MnG says, a Woody ep allowed for extra craziness, and delivered. Shame the wonderful Glenne Headly was the perp - considering what turns him on it's hard to envision Woody finding somebody new any time soon :lol:.

I also loved that it wasn't a genre ep, so Andy and James could be as freewheeling as the network allowed :D.
One thing, though: did Psych break its rule of never having anything *actually* supernatural occur by introducing a real psychic (her accent was fake, but she apparently read Shawn's mind and predicted a death)? How did they let James get away with that?? I'm not sure how I feel about it, it seems to undermine one of the fundamental principles of the show's world. I guess the only way to do it was to skim over it the way they did. And Shawn's absolute disbelief in /Gus's big fear of the supernatural has been watered down in this and the last season, so it's just barely believable that this wasn't a huge deal (if, indeed, that's what happened?). LOL "bad juju". I love call-backs like that :D.

Being a Roday ep I expected a reference fest of some sort, but I admit I didn't spot much. There was the obvious Silence of the Lambs one with the capsule in Whipp's esophagus, and the black light/makeup in Ivana's scene was a bit reminiscent of Pan's Labyrinth, but apart from that?

Edited by Aneema, 01 April 2012 - 03:26 AM.

Posted Image

#40 captjackrules

captjackrules

Proud Psych-O Of Course

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

This has got to be in my top 3 this season for originality alone.

I really liked the tone of this ep (freaky rather than silly), the overload of quirky side characters and strange situations was wonderful! Great casting. The Berman cameo was funny! And I saw Ivana Milicevic (the medium) in Greedy last year, such perfect comic timing.

Loved to see the chief back, especially the "inappropriate" scene at the end hehehe. Loved the writing for Shawn and especially Gus. Not much screen time for Henry, but the end scene alone made upfor a lot :lol:.
Pacing-wise it wasn't frantic laugh-a-minute, but so fun to watch all those beautiful visual gags - the lift pantomime, the way the three were lined up looking at the dancers and swaying side to side, the way they were having a serious case discussion with gus and the woman still dancing (must be the only time this season that Gus didn't go all "player").

Like MnG says, a Woody ep allowed for extra craziness, and delivered. Shame the wonderful Glenne Headly was the perp - considering what turns him on it's hard to envision Woody finding somebody new any time soon :lol:.

I also loved that it wasn't a genre ep, so Andy and James could be as freewheeling as the network allowed :D.
One thing, though: did Psych break its rule of never having anything *actually* supernatural occur by introducing a real psychic (her accent was fake, but she apparently read Shawn's mind and predicted a death)? How did they let James get away with that?? I'm not sure how I feel about it, it seems to undermine one of the fundamental principles of the show's world. I guess the only way to do it was to skim over it the way they did. And Shawn's absolute disbelief in /Gus's big fear of the supernatural has been watered down in this and the last season, so it's just barely believable that this wasn't a huge deal (if, indeed, that's what happened?). LOL "bad juju". I love call-backs like that :D.

Being a Roday ep I expected a reference fest of some sort, but I admit I didn't spot much. There was the obvious Silence of the Lambs one with the capsule in Whipp's esophagus, and the black light/makeup in Ivana's scene was a bit reminiscent of Pan's Labyrinth, but apart from that?

Here here and bump

306835_1785584859414_7215467_n.jpg

Lassiter "Need I remind you Mr Spencer what happens when you interfere in a police investigation"

Shawn "Ahhh The case gets solved"

1507846_10200385482999670_1666171501_n.j

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved