• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sunny0226

Sunny0226

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

You might think from the Topic Title, that I am going to go on and on about the Ben and Annie Affair, which for all intents and purposes, seems to have ended. While I was disappointed in the direction the writers went with that story line, I feel whatever is going to be is going to be!! While I feel they could have handled it differently and should have, that is their choice.

During Season One, a lot of fans sat on tenterhooks every week wondering how and where, what would happen, I believe that part of the mystique of the show was never knowing when and why Ben was going to show up. When he did, unconsciously I think we waited for that to happen, but it was always a surprise.

Season Two disappointed for many reasons and I just couldn't get into it. Not only was the mystique gone, so was a lot of the other things I enjoyed about the show. There was no more Camaraderie among all the players. Not as much fun mixed in the with seriousness and everyone seemed to be at odds. I know Annie was trying to grow but something was just off. Auggie changed and not necessarily for the better and that threw a curve into it and everyone seemed to be affected. I feel they were trying to rush everything. It has been proven by all the other shows on USA there can be a lot of seriousness with humor mixed in. Covert Affairs seemed to lose that. Out of nowhere, she became a model of the fashion world. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing her in some of the outfits. Absolutely stunning, but a CIA agent doesn't need to dress like that all the time and I believe it took away from her role as an agent. There was so many opportunities for them to expand her abilities and they didn't, example, when she was working with Arthur, they didn't use her to the best of her ability. Seriously, standing outside a door, in heels and a cocktail dress without a gun, guarding the door. I mean really!!!!! As far as I'm concerned having her move back in with her sister is a giant step backwards, as much as I miss the interaction between the two. They could have Annie in her own apartment trying to balance a personal life with her family and possibly a significant other, who comes and goes and with her job. Whether it was other lovers or Ben, she still could have done it.... She needs to be out on her own IMHO!!!!

There's not much more I can say at this point. I didn't watch Season Two like I did Season One and really don't know if I plan on watching it at all. I probably will to see if they wise up at all about her and her life and the rest of them. As far as I can see they haven't even started filming the second season or announced when it will be starting, like they have the other shows. I know Annie is free now and assume the other actors are. I can't see them waiting for Bailey to finish shooting, although he is shooting the season finale this week of the other show he is in. IMHO, they made a big mistake with Bailey as is evident by the ratings of the other show when he is in it. All the actors together made it a great show that I really enjoyed. So we will see what's happens!

Cheers,

SunnyPosted Image

PS. And seriously, how ironic is it, that Bailey's name in the other show is August!!!! LOL!

Edited by Sunny0226, 21 March 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 wkc12981

wkc12981

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

I agree with you!!! It would have been better to have killed Ben at the end of Season 1 than to have them just drop the story line. I will probably tune in just to see the direction they go, but right now I am enjoying Once Upon A Time.

You might think from the Topic Title, that I am going to go on and on about the Ben and Annie Affair, which for all intents and purposes, seems to have ended. While I was disappointed in the direction the writers went with that story line, I feel whatever is going to be is going to be!! While I feel they could have handled it differently and should have, that is their choice.

During Season One, a lot of fans sat on tenterhooks every week wondering how and where, what would happen, I believe that part of the mystique of the show was never knowing when and why Ben was going to show up. When he did, unconsciously I think we waited for that to happen, but it was always a surprise.

Season Two disappointed for many reasons and I just couldn't get into it. Not only was the mystique gone, so was a lot of the other things I enjoyed about the show. There was no more Camaraderie among all the players. Not as much fun mixed in the with seriousness and everyone seemed to be at odds. I know Annie was trying to grow but something was just off. Auggie changed and not necessarily for the better and that threw a curve into it and everyone seemed to be affected. I feel they were trying to rush everything. It has been proven by all the other shows on USA there can be a lot of seriousness with humor mixed in. Covert Affairs seemed to lose that. Out of nowhere, she became a model of the fashion world. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing her in some of the outfits. Absolutely stunning, but a CIA agent doesn't need to dress like that all the time and I believe it took away from her role as an agent. There was so many opportunities for them to expand her abilities and they didn't, example, when she was working with Arthur, they didn't use her to the best of her ability. Seriously, standing outside a door, in heels and a cocktail dress without a gun, guarding the door. I mean really!!!!! As far as I'm concerned having her move back in with her sister is a giant step backwards, as much as I miss the interaction between the two. They could have Annie in her own apartment trying to balance a personal life with her family and possibly a significant other, who comes and goes and with her job. Whether it was other lovers or Ben, she still could have done it.... She needs to be out on her own IMHO!!!!

There's not much more I can say at this point. I didn't watch Season Two like I did Season One and really don't know if I plan on watching it at all. I probably will to see if they wise up at all about her and her life and the rest of them. As far as I can see they haven't even started filming the second season or announced when it will be starting, like they have the other shows. I know Annie is free now and assume the other actors are. I can't see them waiting for Bailey to finish shooting, although he is shooting the season finale this week of the other show he is in. IMHO, they made a big mistake with Bailey as is evident by the ratings of the other show when he is in it. All the actors together made it a great show that I really enjoyed. So we will see what's happens!

Cheers,

SunnyPosted Image

PS. And seriously, how ironic is it, that Bailey's name in the other show is August!!!! LOL!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved