100 replies to this topic

#81 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I wouldn't take him seriously or be offended in any way by what he said. He started off joking about how badly White Collar was losing to GOT. Then he said iPad and iPhone vote for WC and Macbook for GOT. If it's true, that's 2:1 and I'm sure he voted many more times for White Collar as did the WC Writers. It has to be difficult to see your show getting slaughtered but we're slowly getting those numbers up. It's 71-29 now.

I'm pretty sure they did not expect to go that far. When you see some of the shows that has been cancelled it's incredible WC made it up to the finale !
White Collar doesn't stand a chance against GoT. This show is incredibly popular.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#82 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,569 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

We're up to 30% now.

We should have a respectable number by the time this poll closes tonight.

Vote! Vote! Vote for White Collar!

BuzzFocus SpringMadness

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#83 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

For anyone who has Google Chrome, I found out the easiest way to vote often. First set the voting page as your home page in Chrome and then close it. Now repeat this:

Open Chrome, choosing an Incognito Window.
Vote.
Close Chrome.

You don't have to delete cookies each time. :)

I just voted a bunch of times & we're still at 30%.

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#84 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

LOL I did the same with Firefox. Using the private browsing or whatever it's called in English.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#85 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey, WC has edged up to 32%! So keep voting, everyone, because it IS making a difference!

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#86 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yay ! I voted a bunch of times more. It's bed time over here, so I count on you all over there to make the difference. We can make it !!! yes ! Let's show them who are the maddest fans !! (cause this is Spring Madness, right ?)

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#87 debfromca

debfromca

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

For anyone who has Google Chrome, I found out the easiest way to vote often. First set the voting page as your home page in Chrome and then close it. Now repeat this:

Open Chrome, choosing an Incognito Window.
Vote.
Close Chrome.

You don't have to delete cookies each time. :)

I just voted a bunch of times & we're still at 30%.

Just taking a little break from voting before the last great push and I wanted to thank you PJ for this great find. It is something I would never have found on my own and I have been using it since your origianl suggestion. It has made voting so much faster and easier! And the little man up in the far LT corner with the turned up collar, fedora and dark glasses just makes it all seem soooo appropriate B)

#88 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure they did not expect to go that far. When you see some of the shows that has been cancelled it's incredible WC made it up to the finale !
White Collar doesn't stand a chance against GoT. This show is incredibly popular.

Did they say they get 9 millon viewers per episode at times and there were 3 million for the premier? I think that's what I read. If we get 2 million we feel fortunate. I just can't understand it. All it is is a rehash of the Merlin series with name changes. One thing I like about it though is they have Peter Dinklage. He was in one of the best movies I've ever seen. A simple almost sweet story about a little person? (dwarf) who was given a deserted train station by his deceased employer. It was called The Station Agent. A really lovely movie. He was also in a comedy called Death at a Funeral. In fact I think he was in the remake too. PS, I still believe all 3 votes from a show runner should go to his show! Sorry!

#89 Bomerfanpage

Bomerfanpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Game of thrones is like the most popular show around..i havent caught up with it yet,...is it any good ??

Posted Image

#90 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

1333416183[/url]' post='1550930']
Game of thrones is like the most popular show around..i havent caught up with it yet,...is it any good ??

Actually very good, but I call it the Game of Naked People.

#91 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,689 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

We're up to 30% now.

We should have a respectable number by the time this poll closes tonight.

Vote! Vote! Vote for White Collar!

BuzzFocus SpringMadness

68% to 32%. Continue to vote, please. :)

PBASBanner62.jpg

#92 Gwnevere

Gwnevere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

68% to 32%. Continue to vote, please. :)

My mouse finger hurts......:(

We don't ask. We don't care.

#93 Bomerfanpage

Bomerfanpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Actually very good, but I call it the Game of Naked People.

then i will like it , is it spartacus like ?

Posted Image

#94 winterstar

winterstar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

1333419781[/url]' post='1550957']
then i will like it , is it spartacus like ?

Never saw Spartacus, but if it has a bunch of people running around doing the nasty, then yes.

#95 Melissa3289

Melissa3289

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

It's great. I'm a big fan of the books and when I first heard HBO was going to adapt Game of Thrones, I was concerned, but they've done a fantastic job. And the second season is shaping up to be just as good. It got nominated for an Emmy for best drama last year and I'd say its chances of getting nominated again this year are good.

You might want to catch up with the DVDs for season one first.

#96 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Everyone who started to watch GoT loved it. Everyone but me... I saw the pilot and wasn't grabbed.
I think it's the kind of series that is totally addictive, but you need to like Fantasy, games of power, violence and sex. This is not exactly what I look for in a tv series.

Well, to each their own. But it's still amazing how this series beats all the others, because there are lots of other series as good as this one. But I guess that's the mechanics of the buzz. Everyone watches it, so everyone wants to watch it.

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#97 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Everyone who started to watch GoT loved it. Everyone but me... I saw the pilot and wasn't grabbed.
I think it's the kind of series that is totally addictive, but you need to like Fantasy, games of power, violence and sex. This is not exactly what I look for in a tv series.

Well, to each their own. But it's still amazing how this series beats all the others, because there are lots of other series as good as this one. But I guess that's the mechanics of the buzz. Everyone watches it, so everyone wants to watch it.

I'm with Aragarna on this one. I know I've seen it because they had an HBO special on DirecTV and I always take advantage of those. Definitely not what I look for in a relaxing, enjoyable TV time. Too much sex and violence, though I do enjoy fantasy. Try reading The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I signed up for Showtime for awhile but those extra channels get expensive. I got hooked on The Big C because I love Laura Linney and it can be very funny and also Homeland (which really should have won emmys last year) when on Showtime. Excellent series, excellent acting.

#98 Joe_Henderson

Joe_Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Amazing work guys--the fact that we made it to the final 2 is absolutely amazing. We were up against a show that premiered the NIGHT of the poll, so odds were against us. But well fought Collars!

#99 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,689 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Amazing work guys--the fact that we made it to the final 2 is absolutely amazing. We were up against a show that premiered the NIGHT of the poll, so odds were against us. But well fought Collars!

Thank you, Joe. We wish we had won but we'll try again next year! :)

PBASBanner62.jpg

#100 suebsg9

suebsg9

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Joe like Pam said there is next year. And was fun to see how far WC got. Its the litle show that could.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved