• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just heard from Monk writer Hy Conrad yesterday. He wanted to let us know about the Monk Event at this year's Key West Mystery Fest. Creator Andy Breckman will be there as well. Click on the link below for all the info.

Monk Night

Hy wants to know if we can supply him with some Monk questions. My questions are all about the rumoured, (or is that a lot more than just a rumour now?) Monk special/movie, but whatever Monk questions you've got they want.

So, anyone think they might be able to make it to Florida for this? I'm seriously considering it. Although I hear they have many large insects in Florida. I'm hoping that's just a rumour.

Teresa

P.S. Who has missed Monk as much as I have? It's like my life has been a little empty the past two years. Nice to have a little Monk action on the horizon.
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

#2 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

oh, that's so sad. I won't be able to make it.

I've never been good at coming up with good questions to ask creators/writers/actors/etc. I'm afraid I've got nothing to add. but about the movie/special is certainly a good one.

I've missed monk a lot, for sure. I wish USA would still play monk. I don't have the DVDs, so I NEED some monk time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hello Teresa.

One Question. The title seems to suggest that Monk will run in an election and. of course, we all know what the potential for laughter and hopefully pathos as well this could present to this to writer to play with but might it also represent his attempt to grapple with the challenge of formulating a new Monk , one more capable of positively confronting his problems - a sub-plot that I think quite a few of the former first generation of fans perhaps had wanted to see develope in the early years of the series.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 18 March 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#4 Liv

Liv

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

All of the questions I can think of have to do with the Monk movie, too, like will Randy be in it, and if he is, will Sharona, too? What about the rest of the cast? Is Monk still seeing Dr. Bell four- five times a week or has he made giant strides and is now down to one-two visits per week? Is this a 90 minute movie? If this is successful, any idea how often we can expect new movies?

Just heard from Monk writer Hy Conrad yesterday. He wanted to let us know about the Monk Event at this year's Key West Mystery Fest. Creator Andy Breckman will be there as well. Click on the link below for all the info.

Monk Night

Hy wants to know if we can supply him with some Monk questions. My questions are all about the rumoured, (or is that a lot more than just a rumour now?) Monk special/movie, but whatever Monk questions you've got they want.

So, anyone think they might be able to make it to Florida for this? I'm seriously considering it. Although I hear they have many large insects in Florida. I'm hoping that's just a rumour.

Teresa

P.S. Who has missed Monk as much as I have? It's like my life has been a little empty the past two years. Nice to have a little Monk action on the horizon.

Geocities ate my Timeline! :(

#5 Monkwriter

Monkwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Here's my question,
Will there be an opportunity for other writers, who are fans of the show, to write and continue the Monk book series? Will Andy Breckman take submissions or queries? If so how do we do that?B)

Will there be a way to see this event or hear reports from it if we cannot make it?

Do we all know Tony will start filming there in April with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson in a movie called Pain and Gain?
Tony gets to experience all the pain in this one.

Thanks Theresa!

Adrian to Natalie, "I'd rather have male bonding with you."

#6 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Next Question:

I wonder how the writer will incorperate a murder into the plot. I can't conceive of the writer wanting us to believe that Monk, now seemingly interested in politics, would turn his back on sleuthing!

As a follow-up, what about Molley? Will she have a role as well?

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 22 March 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#7 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Final Question.

Assuming that Randy (and Sharona) are still on the East Coast and that he or both will be in the special, I wonder what will be the reason to bring him / them back? Will they be returning to visit old friends or will the captain become commissioner and so to honour this pomotion he will attend some kind of ceremony or does the writer plan something else?

Also I envy all you stateside fans for, indeed, if there is a special towards the end of the year, it most likely won't be broadcasted in Japan till next Spring at the earliest.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 29 March 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#8 lovethatmonk

lovethatmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

I was jumping up and down when I saw that they are FINALLY doing the Monk movie that Tony hinted about so long ago. (Hubby still thinks I must be crazy to still love Monk after all this time!)

My question would be: Will Ambrose be in this movie? The way the books are being written they seem to have Ambrose better and well...in a relationship...could the brothers be moving past all the issues they have had since childhood? I would hope they include a little part for him...even if they dont want to include Ambrose's assistant!

LTM

#9 Monkwriter

Monkwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

I have another question. Specifically when and where will filming begin? Please don't say in the Summer.

Adrian to Natalie, "I'd rather have male bonding with you."

#10 Teresa1643

Teresa1643

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for all the questions. I'll pass them on. Doesn't look like I'll be able to attend unfortunately, but I'll find out if there are plans to record it.

Teresa
<i> I can't debate you if you talk gibberish that sounds kind of like something a chimney sweep from Mary Poppins would say.</i>

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved