Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Season 6 Production Intel (Filming Info (May Contain Spoilers)

Filming Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

This is the thread for information about season 6 filming, which begins in March 2012. Each episode usually takes 7 working days to film. So, if they shoot 18 episodes, that is 126 working days. They usually take at least one hiatus (sometimes two) in the summer, so the work continues most weekdays from mid-March until late September/early October, depending on their breaks.

Information comes from varied sources and may not always be reliable, just like real spy intel. Posted Image

Other threads people may find interesting are production intel threads for season 4 and season 5, the On Location in Miami thread, and the Fan Encounters thread. Info on casting for each episode usually can be found in the Spoiler thread, courtesy of Rhoswen. I repost it here as work begins on each new episode.

NOTE: This thread may contain spoilers. Usually, the bits of info we get here and there are not enough to produce real spoilers, but once in a while, they slip through. Consider yourselves warned.

Edited by Karendipitee, 28 November 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Signature courtesy of DuctTape

#2 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Episode 602 casting info (thanks, Rhoswen!)

BURN NOTICE, Episode 602, "Mixed Messages"
Director: Jeffrey Donovan
Writer: Alfredo Barrios, Jr.
Shoot Dates: 3/14-3/22

[RAFAEL MONTERO] 30s, Latino, high-roller in the Mexican cartel, powerful, violent and psychotic. MONTERO likes his steaks like he likes his cops: bloody. As a high-ranking security officer in the Mexican drug cartel, Montero enjoys a pretty luxurious life... when he's not murdering DEA officers or arranging cocaine shipments. Unpredictable and even a little insane, Montero is prone to going off the rails. He's also desperate to please his superior, Don Augusto, a cartel boss who quickly disposes of those who disappoint him. Paranoid and bloodthirsty, Montero doesn't always act according to logic, which means he's a very dangerous man to work with. GUEST STAR

[NICOLE DONESKI] 30s, a street smart but sensitive inmate, a friend and confidante to Fiona. Not necessarily a badass rough-n-tumble type, it's easy to see how NICOLE could have ended up as a soccer mom instead of a prisoner. But Nicole has been in prison long enough to know how the system works; she's sly and observant and, most importantly, careful. She made a few missteps early in her career as a prisoner and she has the scars to prove it. Now, she tries to keep a low profile and get her work done and, when she can offer a little helpful advice to the newbies, she does. Although Nicole comes across as sensitive and even friendly, she's ultimately a survivalist and Fiona sees that, when push comes to shove, Nicole will do whatever it takes to survive the system. GUEST STAR

[D.B.] 40s, female, an imperious looking prison inmate, usually seen flanked by her two intimidating cronies, the self-appointed "Queen of the cellblock," she wastes no time in making her presence known to the newly arrived Fiona. She's threatening, nasty looking, clearly nobody to mess with, and Fi gives her a wide berth. CO-STAR (2)

Here is the local casting notice, looking for the usual bikini babes, etc.

Scouting started today and we got a couple of photos from Craig Siebels, one of Oscar and one of a scary sign.

Edited to add: Looking at the dates, they don't add up. That is 8 days. I suspect they might start the 14th because the local casting said that and so did Seth Peterson.

Edited again to correct the dates to reflect what they did and the episode number as 602.

Edited by Karendipitee, 22 March 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#3 beancheile

beancheile

"My Brains, Your Brawn"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks, Kdip. Got so excited to see this new thread!
Posted Image

#4 AussieBNfan

AussieBNfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hi all!
This is wonderful news! Thanks so much Karendipitee for the new thread and information. Posted Image

Aussie.
Posted Image

Many thanks to Duct tape for providing me with my avatar and signature pics. Aren't they amazing!!!

#5 MsSully

MsSully

All Burn Notice, all the time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Signs of Spring...Robins in yard, bulbs popping up in the yard, buds on the trees, AND

THE SEASON 6 PRODUCTION INTEL TREAD IS UP!!!

YES.

Thank you Karen. You've made my evening.

MsSully

Posted Image

#6 DuctTape

DuctTape

I'll take my chances!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,298 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

:) Karen, yes it's wonderful to see your new thread. :)

3Yogurtsv5-IgnitetheLight.jpg

Lots of places in the world with C4 and yogurt

#7 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

I don't have a lot to add from the first three days of shooting. For starters, this is episode 602, with Jeffrey directing, and they started work on March 14, so the dates should be March 14-22.

The other roles we know were cast for this episode were Anthony Ruivivar for Montero and Taryn Manning as Nicole. Seth Peterson tweeted that he would be coming to town to play Nate. I believe he meant for this episode, because he indicated he would be directed by JD.

The film permit showed them using Coconut Grove residential streets and the North Dade Detention Center. Please note that the film permit is not date specific; during the season it is difficult to tell if they mean for the current week or a week ahead.

They were definitely shooting at the detention center on Friday. I was out touring with some friends and we drove by and saw their trucks and tents. Sadly, it is very difficult to watch them film when they are in a locked facility on a busy road. The only option seemed to be peering through trees while sitting on a guardrail of a road with no shoulder, so we declined. I am pretty sure they were inside the building, anyway. I just get happy when I see their trucks. You can see some shots of the facility they are using on this site.

Also, Matt Nix is in town and was scouting with Craig, which makes me think Matt will be directing 601 next. :)

Some tweets from cast and crew from these days are below. Sadly, we are losing one of our great Twitter sources on the crew: sound guy Jacob Kemp is no longer with the show. So long, Jake, and thanks for all the tweets! :)

Thursday they had a ton of rain to deal with (which I can attest to). From EK: "Jeffrey Donovan saves the day, kicks the ass of a two hour monsoon and shoots some crazy good stuff." Bruce had tweeted a shot of the radar image showing how bad the rain was.

From Matt: "Guys, we should call someone to let us in. Breaking into the prison seems like a bad idea"
Craig's reply: "Hey, I didn't say it was out of the realm of possibility... Just that it might not end ideally..."

From Oscar Aguirre: "Day 1, season 6, first scene, first take... PA's phone next to camera rings!!! Here we go again!!!"

The only photo was this one from Craig, but that might be for the next episode.

Craig's final word on Friday night: "LONG but amazing and productive day prepping the season premiere. It is going to be incredible!"

I normally try to split out the scouting stuff and put it with its own episode, but that can be a little tough at the beginning of a season.

#8 tripster5

tripster5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Thanks, Karen, your info is enough to get the excitement going!

#9 AussieBNfan

AussieBNfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for the hard work you put in to let members know what is happening on set. Posted Image

As an Aussie, I appreciate the links you include with places of interest associated with filming. Makes me feel a bit more involved in the whole process and not so distant. Posted Image Thank you so much.

Aussie.
Posted Image

Many thanks to Duct tape for providing me with my avatar and signature pics. Aren't they amazing!!!

#10 Halex

Halex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Cool stuff.

Thanks for the dedication!!
Posted Image">

Mel

#11 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Not too much from today. There were a bunch of extras on set, but only one photo from them. One of them mentioned a beach shot, so there might have been some beach work but I don't know where.

Late in the day Oscar tweeted this photo, which looks like it was taken from the Icon Brickell (or near it) in downtown Miami, which they used in Partners in Crime.

Some nice praise for our director:

From BurnEditor Zack: "Cutting a kick-ass fight scene w/ 26 camera setups, 2 cams for each. Jeffrey Donovan is shooting the SH*T out of this Burn Notice ep!"

From Oscar (with the above photo): "Jeffrey Donovan kicked ass today and there's still day light outside!"

And we have our first casualty of the season in Craig Siebels: "Prep for the Burn Notice premiere is so intense I broke a rib. Literally. I have a broken rib.... This season is going to be excellent!"

#12 Halex

Halex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

And we have our first casualty of the season in Craig Siebels: "Prep for the Burn Notice premiere is so intense I broke a rib. Literally. I have a broken rib.... This season is going to be excellent!"

Gotta love it when behind the scenes people start breaking body parts.....awesome!

Just keep our main actors safe though! (Well, and every one else just with minor boo boos):rolleyes:
Posted Image">

Mel

#13 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

First, directorial updates: I had thought that since Matt was in town, he might be directing 601, which they start on Monday. But Matt is back in LA, so I guess not. Craig mentioned today that Stephen Surjik was with him scouting (and may have had something to do with the broken rib), so maybe Steve is directing 601. He did a lot of our recent big episodes.

The only other real note from today was that Tom from the Grove Grapevine said they were filming at the Seminole Boat Ramp, which is next to the stage (used in Unpaid Debts, Entry Point, Noble Causes, etc). Tom was unable to get any pictures.

Editing this post in April: There was a story on NBC Nightly News about Miami TV productions and they talked to Jeffrey and Alfredo on the set. It was the day they filmed at the Seminole Boat Ramp, so I'm putting the link here.

Found this photo from a different location (Note: photo is safe but the rest of that person's timeline and images are not. Ick). In the photo, I think I see Coby and maybe Jeffrey way in the back. Hard to tell.

There were further local casting notices looking for female prisoners for Thursday and/or Friday.

It sounds like Taryn Manning is done (or was auditioning for something else). And Seth Peterson has arrived in town.

Edited by Karendipitee, 05 April 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#14 AussieBNfan

AussieBNfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi all!

Thanks again for the updates, Karen.
I think that Seth will ensure we are kept up to date via Twitter. He has a real passion for "Twitterdom"...Posted Image

Aussie.
Posted Image

#15 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'll have a real post tonight, but just wanted to alert people that Seth Peterson is on the set and is tweeting pictures. Go check out his Twitter feed if you are not doing so already (and you don't have to be on Twitter just to view his feed).

Edited to add: Seriously, just go look at Seth's Twitter feed for today. He tweeted a boatload of pictures. Not going to post them all here, but I especially liked the one of the https://twitter.com/#!/sethpetersonla/status/182522920143306753/photo/1'>fridge and the lovely one with Sharon (and a tweet from Sharon).

So the production info gleaned here is that they were in the studio today, and both Seth and Sharon were working.

We did get a tweet from Jeffrey to start the day: "Having a blast directing John C McGinley. WOW. What an actor!! Oh yeah Bruce & Coby too. :P" (Yes, I will transliterate Twitter names and emoji when I can).

Seth's assessment of his director: "Just finished an Awesome scene with Jeffrey Donovan Man he can act this I knew, But he can DIRECT too!!! Lookout Clint Eastwood!!"

And from EK: "My peep Jeffrey Donovan rocks another stellar day of direction."

EK photo of stunt driver extraordinaire Sammy Maloof.

Edited by Karendipitee, 21 March 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#16 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Today they finished work on episode 602.

Seth left, so he was only in scenes shot on Wednesday.

Couple of nice pictures: First, a lovely one from Oscar of Alfredo, Jeffrey, and Oscar. Second, tonight JD tweeted "I get to direct the awesome Taryn Manning & Gabrielle Anwar. They are killing it!!" with this picture of the three of them.

Taryn Manning tweeted that it was an awesome time and a good group.

Edited to add: Angela Bryan posted photos (mostly of her trailer) and said she played Fi's court appointed attorney.

Tomorrow, work begins on episode 601, which is already running quite a casualty list. As noted earlier, Craig Siebels has a broken rib and now director Steve Surjik cracked a tooth.

Edited by Karendipitee, 22 March 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#17 cargram

cargram

Fiona, feisty and fabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Thanks, Karen! Love your production notes and it's nice to finally have live information on the show. :)
Posted Image

sig courtesy of AggieThrower30

#18 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

Work started Friday on episode 601. We didn't get casting notes for this, so there's a bit of extrapolation here. The shoot dates should be March 23 - April 2 and I am pretty sure Stephen Surjik is directing.

Friday local casting (filming was at the stage, I think) was looking for cops, CIA agents, detectives. Got one EK photo.

For Monday, local casting was looking for guys with cars for shooting down in Homestead. Tweets indicated they had some girls with cars, too. One of those girls tweeted that they blew up a truck today.

Jeffrey tweeted this picture of Bruce driving the Charger.

Seth Peterson said he would be back in Miami next week, which would be either end of 601 or start of 603.

Edited to add: Casting notice looking for Russian looking bad guys who can speak English with a Russian accent.

Edited in April: Adding this article, which talked about them filming at Homestead Speedway on March 26.

Edited by Karendipitee, 18 April 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#19 Karendipitee

Karendipitee

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Info gleaned from Tuesday's filming. They were out on location early, with this from the trailer Bruce photo. Sound guy Scott said it was an "abandoned factory with all the equipment in tact. Looks awesome in here." Scott later tweeted this cool photo of his mixing board.

One of the co-stars with some lines tweeted: "On the set of Burn Notice! I'm shorter than Donovan and Campbell. Damn it!!! But I do get to shoot at them! Had fun playing "Hill" today with JD and BC. Great cast and crew. See you all at 7am at the guard shack!"

Jeffrey tweeted a photo of Lauren Stamile.

#20 mjstinger103

mjstinger103

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Episode 602 casting info (thanks, Rhoswen!)

BURN NOTICE, Episode 602, "Mixed Messages"
Director: Jeffrey Donovan
Writer: Alfredo Barrios, Jr.
Shoot Dates: 3/14-3/22

[RAFAEL MONTERO] 30s, Latino, high-roller in the Mexican cartel, powerful, violent and psychotic. MONTERO likes his steaks like he likes his cops: bloody. As a high-ranking security officer in the Mexican drug cartel, Montero enjoys a pretty luxurious life... when he's not murdering DEA officers or arranging cocaine shipments. Unpredictable and even a little insane, Montero is prone to going off the rails. He's also desperate to please his superior, Don Augusto, a cartel boss who quickly disposes of those who disappoint him. Paranoid and bloodthirsty, Montero doesn't always act according to logic, which means he's a very dangerous man to work with. GUEST STAR

[NICOLE DONESKI] 30s, a street smart but sensitive inmate, a friend and confidante to Fiona. Not necessarily a badass rough-n-tumble type, it's easy to see how NICOLE could have ended up as a soccer mom instead of a prisoner. But Nicole has been in prison long enough to know how the system works; she's sly and observant and, most importantly, careful. She made a few missteps early in her career as a prisoner and she has the scars to prove it. Now, she tries to keep a low profile and get her work done and, when she can offer a little helpful advice to the newbies, she does. Although Nicole comes across as sensitive and even friendly, she's ultimately a survivalist and Fiona sees that, when push comes to shove, Nicole will do whatever it takes to survive the system. GUEST STAR

[D.B.] 40s, female, an imperious looking prison inmate, usually seen flanked by her two intimidating cronies, the self-appointed "Queen of the cellblock," she wastes no time in making her presence known to the newly arrived Fiona. She's threatening, nasty looking, clearly nobody to mess with, and Fi gives her a wide berth. CO-STAR (2)

Here is the local casting notice, looking for the usual bikini babes, etc.

Scouting started today and we got a couple of photos from Craig Siebels, one of Oscar and one of a scary sign.

Edited to add: Looking at the dates, they don't add up. That is 8 days. I suspect they might start the 14th because the local casting said that and so did Seth Peterson.

Edited again to correct the dates to reflect what they did and the episode number as 602.

Thank you for the intel!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Filming, Spoilers

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved