• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LetsTailG8

LetsTailG8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

He chose 17 year old RaeLynn over 22 year old Oklahoma State University sorority girl Adley Stump.

Now I know what your thinkin', so don't get the wrong idea about the sorority girl. Adley is country as country comes and my first impression of her was she was raw talent, too coarse and too much of a straight blade. In her first auditions she demonstrated she's a power singer, but she didn't have much control or any finesse with her vocals. I thought she made a great deal of growth in this "Battle Round" and demonstrated she could bring it down a bit and even harmonize proving she is very teachable. And I was really impressed how graceful she was in defeat.

RaeLynn, on the other, I thought was terrible. I don't think she hit the pitch at any time during the duet and her harmonies were horrible. She's young and hopefully she will develop, but I thought it wasn't even close and stunned when Blake chose her.

I think Blake's team is going to get their asses handed to them in this competition.

RaeLynn

Adley Stump

Edited by LetsTailG8, 05 March 2012 - 08:59 PM.

That's my opinion and it oughtta be yours!

#2 Caution_I_Was_Blonde

Caution_I_Was_Blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I so agree with you TailG8 - I stopped watching after the first hour this week - am so disappointed with all the Coaches choices - I was 4 for 4 in picking the exact opposite of who they did.  Adam picked the former Mousekeeter just because of that I'm sure - his opponent blew him out of the water.

As for RaeLynn - I just don't get it.  I didn't like her original audition and still can't believe she's still in it.  She was pitchy through her "battle" and definately didn't attempt harmonies - I thought it was Adley that made them sound good as a duo in any of their combined spots - she was the one trying to blend voices.  And also agree - she really took the coaching notes to heart and was able to bring down her power to make it a much more engaging performance.

~Cate
Today I'm Going To Try And Change The World!
Proud member of Johnny Reid's Tartan Army!

Johnny Reid's Official Website

Posted Image

#3 LetsTailG8

LetsTailG8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

You really have to wonder if Blake is really the decision maker in all this. Record labels are notorious for trying to duplicate and manufacture what is hot and selling and who is hotter than Taylor Twitt? Maybe they think this cute little 17 year can be molded into the next Taylor Twitt? Of course we know that's foolish, but that's never stopped them from trying.

You just can't manufacture an Elvis or a Garth or a Shania or even a Lady A. They just happen.
That's my opinion and it oughtta be yours!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved