• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kawasakifan

Kawasakifan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Ironically as devoted as I have been to Monk and Natalie from the very beginning, taping all of the episodes, there was one I missed. I was away the night the iconic episode "Red Herring" in which they meet was shown and so never saw it until this past week when I rented the DVD for episode 5 of year three. .

I am amazed at how the writer was able to encapsulated into 45 minutes the seeds of how their relationship was to develope in the ensuing five years but also detected the slight possiiblity that perhaps at that moment in time the developement was open ended being left to possibilities that it could have been more than what finally evolved.

If their fate was indeed intentionally left undetermined in the early stages of their relationshp, I wonder why the change took place?.

KF

Edited by Kawasakifan, 05 March 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#2 gooch12

gooch12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ironically as devoted as I have been to Monk and Natalie from the very beginning, taping all of the episodes, there was one I missed. I was away the night the iconic episode "Red Herring" in which they meet was shown and so never saw it until this past week when I rented the DVD for episode 5 of year three. .

I am amazed at how the writer was able to encapsulated into 45 minutes the seeds of how their relationship was to develope in the ensuing five years but also detected the slight possiiblity that perhaps at that moment in time the developement was open ended being left to possibilities that it could have been more than what finally evolved.

If their fate was indeed intentionally left undetermined in the early stages of their relationshp, I wonder why the change took place?.

KF

Red Herring is one of my favorite episodes for the very reasons you state here. Looking back at it (after watching the rest of the series) and examining all the M/N scenes in light of what happened in the future... well, the "seeds of their relationship," are very, very apparent. I, too, am disappointed that what finally evolved in their relationship wasn't all that was hinted at in Red Herring and so many subsequent episodes, but I respect the writers' choices.

Edited by gooch12, 21 October 2012 - 07:20 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved