51 replies to this topic

#1 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

"Heeeeere's Lassie!"
After Lassiter moves into a new condominium building and strange things start happening to him, he is forced to hire Shawn and Gus to figure out what could be causing the supposed paranormal disturbance.

Louis Gossett Jr. and Sara Rue Guest star!

Since I cannot find the promo online yet, I'll just post my own thoughts. First of all: I love "The Shining" and from the promo, this looks to be a great homage! With James directing another Lassie-centric episode that also happens to be a "Shining" homage, I think we can expect greatness! Already excited for the bit with the door and Lassie going all Jack Nicholson crazy! :lol: And the preview clip that can be found on the homepage is a nice treat that has Shawn doing a Psych yard sale and they talk about the ring again for those who wanted more from the past week; will there be more ring talk beyond that? I don't know. All in all, I know that the movie might not be everyone's cup of tea and I know that not everyone gets as pumped for the homage episodes like I do, but being a big fan of "The Shining", I'm super excited for this episode! :D

Watch. Discuss. Enjoy! :)

Edited by PsychNickNack, 04 March 2012 - 01:05 PM.

"Spencer One to Ground Control."
"We read you loud and clear Spencer One!"

"The Psychic criminal catching portion of the day is about to begin."
"Is there another type of idiocy you'd be more comfortable with?"
"No! Ju are wrong! I am not the murderero! But I know who is-o..."
"First of all we're growing moustaches very, very slowly..."
"You see this? This is the Lodge Radar, and this is me flying underneath it. And look down here, it's Gus. He can't fly."
"Hey! Gus is one sixteenth robot! And not the evil take over the world "I Robot" kind!"
"What do they have at Red Robin?"
"I call it... 'Very Close Talking'"
"Gus, look! It's Stinky Feet! He's Trying to bushwack us!"
"Gus, look! Ryan really did work at Busch-Gardens!"
Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS
They may not be action heroes, but they're the best we've got!

"Official Eppy/Interesting Topic Starter of the CMP^2"

#2 bettybrown

bettybrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm soooo excited about this episode! I'm hoping someone posts the "next week on psych" preview - my sister missed it, and she's a Psych-o, too.
The Shining is such an iconic movie, and a huge childhood memory for me 'cos I had a dad who'd take me to "grown-up" movies. I saw it in the theater at 10 years old.

#3 bettybrown

bettybrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Quick addition before i go to work - i checked & can't find the "next week" type of commercial they did last night for "heeeeere's lassie!". and i know it'll probably shown many times again on t.v. - but i would love to see it & watch it. how many people want to see a commercial? but, when there's that rare one you enjoy - it seems to always come on while you're grabbing something to drink or in the bathroom.

Any suggestion on how I might find a clip of that specific commercial?

Aw man, PsychNickNack, i apologize - i read your post & replied just 6 hours ago. I had to be up for work 3 hours after that post & overslept. so, i just re-read it & WOW i was way too tired & maybe a beer past attempting reading comprehension. i just re-read it after my morning coffee & realized you were speaking of loving that promo, too.

I, stupidly, had only noticed it wasn't a regular commercial (i read during commercials) & i think it was gus' scream that made me look up & i got to see lassie-jack torrance & just a few other things.

you know, when they first started moving a bit from straight-up cases from the station, i was a bit disappointed & worried they'd "jump the shark". i can't recall which, but i know there was 1 homage episode i didn't think was up to par for Psych. but, obviously, it was up to par enough that i can't recall which one.

wow, i need to get to work - i'm already over 30 minutes late. psych is just one of those rare shows for me - i like t.v., but mostly true-crime & documentaries, stuff like that. but, every once in a while a show comes along that is just so perfectly in sync w/my sense of humor/outlook/etc. psych is probably the most obsessed i've ever been with a t.v. show, the most i've ever felt that "bond" with fictional characters (don't you kinda wish they were real people - even if, as grown ups, you know that should be silly-thinking)

if you (or anyone reading this) finds a clip of that promo, could you post it, or direct me to the link?

thanks!
betty off to work Posted Image

#4 bettybrown

bettybrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

oh no! i almost forgot what i really wanted to add as a question:

wikipedia says that the episode "the old & the restless" references the real name of the photograph of the twins who inspired stanley kubrick's twins. i couldn't find it, couldn't recall them referencing the twins in that episode. i thought vaguely they might have in "shawn interrupted"

any one know if they've referenced those twins before & which episode? sorry - i don't recall the name of the photo that has the twins' last name. wikipedia made it sound as if psych referenced the specific photo name/twins name. yet, though i like kubrick, and love 'the shining' - how many people know the name of the real twins/photo of real twins who inspired kubrick?

okay, now i really have to get off to work. sheesh, pushing the envelope on a good job to talk about a show. yep. that is just how much i, like probably most on this board, am about this show.

good day,
betty

#5 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

oh no! i almost forgot what i really wanted to add as a question:

wikipedia says that the episode "the old & the restless" references the real name of the photograph of the twins who inspired stanley kubrick's twins. i couldn't find it, couldn't recall them referencing the twins in that episode. i thought vaguely they might have in "shawn interrupted"

any one know if they've referenced those twins before & which episode? sorry - i don't recall the name of the photo that has the twins' last name. wikipedia made it sound as if psych referenced the specific photo name/twins name. yet, though i like kubrick, and love 'the shining' - how many people know the name of the real twins/photo of real twins who inspired kubrick?

okay, now i really have to get off to work. sheesh, pushing the envelope on a good job to talk about a show. yep. that is just how much i, like probably most on this board, am about this show.

good day,
betty

After the break down, the guys had to run out because the real McGulager (?) showed up. The camera panned to a picture where Henry was standing in the middle. That's the only Shining reference in that ep. I can look and see when I get home tonight. I am guessing it is in the photo frame?
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#6 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

I am so so looking forward to seeing this episode. Its going to be so good.
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#7 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Fear not, Psych-Os! I come bearing the promo for next week's hilarious-looking episode

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#8 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Is this the episode where William Shatter comes back?
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#9 BiBoP

BiBoP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Is this the episode where William Shatter comes back?

I don't think so. It looks pretty Lassie-centric. Don't think they shoved ShatNer in there too.

Posted Image

SOOKIE IS MINE!

My Psychfics

#10 bettybrown

bettybrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

After the break down, the guys had to run out because the real McGulager (?) showed up. The camera panned to a picture where Henry was standing in the middle. That's the only Shining reference in that ep. I can look and see when I get home tonight. I am guessing it is in the photo frame?

Thank you!!! That IS the reference to those twins. The way the wikipedia page worded it sounded as if it were a verbal reference - but who even ever knew the name of the photograph, or even that those twins were inspired by a real photograph? Sure, maybe Kubrik fanatics - I love a lot of his movies (Lolita is brilliant, How I Learned to Stop..." is too). So, it was really a reference to The Shining. I was reading about Kubrik, which lead me to the real photograph & twins & it's by a professional artist.

Thank you. For whatever reason, that was really bothering me.

#11 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

I come bearing gifts... of preview clips! :D

"You see this? This is the Lodge Radar, and this is me flying underneath it. And look down here, it's Gus. He can't fly."
"Hey! Gus is one sixteenth robot! And not the evil take over the world "I Robot" kind!"
Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS

#12 bellestarr

bellestarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

I come bearing gifts... of preview clips! :D

Thank You!! I can't wait to see this episode

#13 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Here's more about the episode, straight from James Roday. ^_^

http://www.eonline.c...es_roday/298279

And there's also this picture which makes me happy...
Spoiler

Edited by Kirei, 03 March 2012 - 10:16 PM.

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#14 Mc2a2k8

Mc2a2k8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

The end of Clip 1 with Lassie and Shawn is hilarious!!!

Posted Image

"No more tears Jules"

#15 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Here's more about the episode, straight from James Roday. ^_^

http://www.eonline.c...es_roday/298279

And there's also this picture which makes me happy...

Spoiler

Oh my gosh! The clip they have above that interview is AMAZING! This episode is going to be awesome!! AND Shawn and Gus' costumes? This episode is full of great stuff! There's no way I can wait... I'm too darn excited! :D

Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS

#16 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Psych USA just tweeted that Shatner will be back this Wednesday. Does that mean there is follow through on the ring?

@Psych_USA: He's back! @WilliamShatner guests on #Psych, Wed @ 10/9c & we want to celebrate! Find out how to spread the news here: http://t.co/UiPpRjBq

#17 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Bump! :D
So, is everyone familiar with this scene? ;)

Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS

#18 MarthanotGeorge

MarthanotGeorge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

They seem to be pushing that it has William Shatner in this epi awfully hard. Either he has a sizeable part or they are trying to boost ratings. I hope it is the former and not the latter because all the Shatner stuff on facebook and twitter is annoying. If we are being force-fed the 'Shat' all week, there had best be a payoff. :P One of the better parts of season 6 had been a more nuanced social media presence. I'm not digging it thus far in 6.5 And we never got the video of the writer's commentary from last week. No Psych Vision codes for it, not in the video hub. Irritating.

Complaints about the promotion aside, this episode looks great. Love Sara Rue. I've re-watched the Kubrick Shining recently and crazy Lassie is infinitely more enjoyable then smug Lassie in my opinion. 4 hours left!

Edited by MarthanotGeorge, 07 March 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#19 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

[quote name='MarthanotGeorge' timestamp='1331161145' post='1544109']
They seem to be pushing that it has William Shatner in this epi awfully hard. Either he has a sizeable part or they are trying to boost ratings. I hope it is the former and not the latter because all the Shatner stuff on facebook and twitter is annoying. If we are being force-fed the 'Shat' all week, there had best be a payoff. :P One of the better parts of season 6 had been a more nuanced social media presence. I'm not digging it thus far in 6.5 And we never got the video of the writer's commentary from last week. No Psych Vision codes for it, not in the video hub. Irritating.

Complaints about the promotion aside, this episode looks great. Love Sara Rue. I've re-watched the Kubrick Shining recently and crazy Lassie is infinitely more enjoyable then smug Lassie in my opinion. 4 hours left!
[/quote ]

The code for the commentary is "levers". ;) my psychic senses did not reveal the 2nd code though.

Didn't do me any good since i cannot see vids on my ipod and being not in the us!

#20 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Happy Psych night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved