• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DoodleOwner

DoodleOwner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

That judge's dress looked like it came from outer space? Did her luggage get lost? Macy's is across the street and must have had stuff that looked better. But maybe the dress was from outer space, because the winning dog looked like an alien. Many better dogs on stage tonight. Around our table we all picked....nobody picked the pekingnese.

Oh wait, the judge's family owned pekingnese while she was growing up........

Edited by DoodleOwner, 14 February 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#2 dunbrine47

dunbrine47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well since this is going to be a complaint thread....

Judge:

Y U NO PICK TEH KERRY BLUE.

#3 Huntingdogsrule

Huntingdogsrule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Once again the judge knew nothing about large breed dogs.

One thing you can always count on is that at westminster, a lab, chessapeake, and rarely a pointer, will NEVER WIN!

What a crock. Pick a dog that has been so down-bred that it has seizures because the brain is to large for the skull. animal planet did a great show last year on how AKC breeding standards have ruined bulldogs, pek's, and i believe pugs. A travesty in the animal world. and i'm not a fan of PETA! All prone to siezures, and early death.
You should be ashamed.

I know two people who show, and earned a spot at westminster, one in sporting, and one in Toy group and they both said there is so much political crap, that outsiders do not have a chance. This is an inside game, and USA should be aware of the controversy.

#4 Grapeape7

Grapeape7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

YEP agree been to the show and talked to the owners its all planned they give gifts to the judges and pay offs MAKES ME SICK they told me larger breeds will never win because they are to popular ... LIKE that dam judge knows everything there is about each breed dear god !!!! ugh i turned it off and couldnt believe IT !!!!

#5 RottieGirl95

RottieGirl95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

this is total Bullcrap! that isnt a real dog! Its a dust bunny that somehow grew a brain! Look under your sofa and you will find more! And how in the heck did that stickless swiffer beat the Doberman and the German sheperd! What is this world coming to!

Edited by RottieGirl95, 15 February 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#6 RottieGirl95

RottieGirl95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

That judge's dress looked like it came from outer space? Did her luggage get lost? Macy's is across the street and must have had stuff that looked better. But maybe the dress was from outer space, because the winning dog looked like an alien. Many better dogs on stage tonight. Around our table we all picked....nobody picked the pekingnese.

Oh wait, the judge's family owned pekingnese while she was growing up........

"Oh wait, the judge's family owned pekingnese while she was growing up........." isnt that a conflict of intrest and shouldnt someone be told......and a it totally agree that jugde is a wacko!

#7 LuvDogs

LuvDogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

Wow so many "experts" on here I don't know where to begin to respond. Peaks are great dogs with a remarkable history. They are in fact one of the oldest breeds in existence. Malachy had won 114 best in shows and was certainly deserving as would any of the finalist. Perhaps some of you should become a little more  informed about how the judging works before leaving such uninformed comments. Any  of these dogs would have been worthy of top honors. A judge uses his or  her judgment to decide which dog most closely meets the criteria of the  breeds standard. Itís not about which dog is the cutest, itís not a  beauty contest. If it it were a mutt could win this every year!  Geez.

#8 Hildy1196

Hildy1196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Didja notice that the roboticized fright wig sort of resembled the judge? Maybe she just got confused about what looks good for the Best in Show ring - after all that dress was the worst thing ever!

The large breeds were all beautiful and showed much better than the peke. I'm a Sheltie owner (don't show them) so only the dogs that look and sound like dogs will ever get my vote. Could have stood it if the Kerrie or WH dachs had won, but this is a TRAVESTY of the worst sort. Better not ever bring that cat-like, fluffy thing to Texas 'cause we might use it to mop the floors. Hildy

#9 edcrfv

edcrfv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

I've watched this show forever and this is the end. The minute the judge walked in I knew the Pek had already won. Just one look at her(really you dressed like that) and you could tell she was a snob who would only pick the Pek. It is ironic(or fixed), that her family owns this type of dog. Please don't say I don't know how judging is done, because I do. This is a sham that was once a great dog show. just like everything else in life, the one with the must money and contacts wins. Tell me the Dobie or Sheppard weren't perfect dogs. So sick of the Toy group always winning, put a REAL judge of dogs and not a connected snob out there to do the judging. I'm done with this show.

Edited by edcrfv, 15 February 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#10 LuvDogs

LuvDogs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

I've watched this show forever and this is the end. The minute the judge walked in I knew the Pek had already won. Just one look at her(really you dressed like that) and you could tell she was a snob who would only pick the Pek. It is ironic(or fixed), that her family owns this type of dog. Please don't say I don't know how judging is done, because I do. This is a sham that was once a great dog show. just like everything else in life, the one with the must money and contacts wins. Tell me the Dobie or Sheppard weren't perfect dogs. So sick of the Toy group always winning, put a REAL judge of dogs and not a connected snob out there to do the judging. I'm done with this show.

Where are you getting this misinformation that her family owns this type of Dog? The judges background is that she has experience in breeding Wheaten Terriers. If anything you would have thought the terrier would have been picked if she was so biased as many of the whiners here have complained.

Read below for some real information on the judge not message board B.S.

Cindy Vogels of Greenwood Village, Colorado is Westminster's Best In Show Judge For 2012

Cindy Vogels, busy and successful in the sport of dogs, has  been selected for the ultimate judging assignment in the dog show world,  Best In Show at the 136th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show to be  held February 13-14, 2012 at New York's Madison Square Garden, the club  announced today.

A resident of Greenwood Village, Colorado, Mrs. Vogels first made her  mark in the show ring, producing well over 100 Soft Coated Wheaten  Terrier champions in partnership with her mother. Among those dogs were  many Group and Best In Show winners, and the top-producing American  Terrier dam of all time.

She is chairman of the AKC-Canine Health Foundation, past president  of the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of America, and a member of the  board of trustees for Take the Lead, a charity that assists those in the  sport who suffer from terminal or life-threatening illness.

She is a graduate of the New England Conservatory of Music with a  performance degree in flute, and holds a Master of Music degree in  history from the University of Colorado.

This is her fifth assignment at Westminster. She judged the Terrier Group in 2005

Mrs. Vogels heads a panel of 38 judges from 19 states presiding over the dog world's most prestigious event.

#11 Hogman

Hogman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

A Pekinese wins BIS?

You have got to be kidding...

This just confirms my belief as to the bias the judges seem to have against the larger breeds. The fact that a deerhound won last year made me believe that it was possible for the larger breeds to succeed but he we are in 2012, back to BIS going to a breed that apparently can barely make it around the ring. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I own Rhodesian Ridgebacks. They are beautiful dogs but like some of the other larger breeds, evidently not 'fancy' enough to win BIS. Pretty sad. After seeing the other dogs vying for BIS and then having the Pekinese win, I've lost all respect and hope for Westminster. I doubt I'll watch it again. Way too political in how the winners are chosen. I learned that sad tale from a friend of mine who shows dogs.

#12 DoodleOwner

DoodleOwner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

Sorry, LuvDogs! No need to shout, and it's not "internet board b.s." If you had Googled her last night before the judging, one of the first bios that came up said her family owned pekingnese when she was growing up. And, you can process this current information if you'd like http://www.denverpos...les/ci_19922790
Maybe she thought her two pekingnese at home wouldn't forgive her.........

Clearly this is an accomplished lady with terrific experience. Hard to challenge her on the sporting dog knowledge given her background there. And, she knows terriers, particularly Kerry Blues and Wheatens, better than most. Passing on the kerry blue must have been tough.

Maybe it's just those of us who have posted look at dogs we might like to own, or our own visions of "dog" and the the pekingnese doesn't come to mind....ever.

Edited by DoodleOwner, 15 February 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#13 EnglishSettersRule

EnglishSettersRule

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

The WKC has become a club for dog show elitists.  Almost every year a terrier or some ankle-biter wins - *rarely* does a REAL dog win (like last year's Scottish Deerhound).  This judge owns 3 Greyhounds and 2 Peks and I would have been just as disappointed and/or angry if she would have chosen a Greyt as Best in Show.  IMHO, WKC should have several judges standing by ready to adjudicate BiS and allow only someone who doesn't own or shown ANY of the breeds in the BiS final.

Maybe the WKC should take a look at their own symbol to see what a dog really looks like...

Edited by EnglishSettersRule, 15 February 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#14 BigDogLover

BigDogLover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hey, I love dogs but the best in show? That's not a dog. That is a walking mop head! What the heck to do do with a dog like that? How do you play with a dog like that? Best in show? Really? I don't know everything there is to know about dogs but, again, really? A walking mop head? I have to say that I was rootng for the German Shepherd but was shocked when the little mop head won. Oh well, life goes on.

#15 RottieGirl95

RottieGirl95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

i personally just dont like the Pek it in my opinion it did not..... DID NOT show better than the Doberman or the Setter! and if you cant take that  LuvDogs then maybe you should just stop replying and let all of us live in ignorance of how great the Pek might be, cause I DONT REALLY GIVE A FLYING FRICK!

#16 Mydachshund

Mydachshund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

i personally just dont like the Pek it in my opinion it did not..... DID NOT show better than the Doberman or the Setter! and if you cant take that LuvDogs then maybe you should just stop replying and let all of us live in ignorance of how great the Pek might be, cause I DONT REALLY GIVE A FLYING FRICK!

You know, LuvDogs was just trying to inform you of something. You don't have to be rude about it. I watched the show as well, and though the judge was dressed (IMO) incorrectly, that was not what she was there to do.
I didn't want the Peke to win either (I have Dachshunds so I was a little biased), however I was not the one in the ring putting her hands on the dogs and watching them as they went through their paces. Her job is to find the dog that's closest to the standard and even though we all have our favorite dog, it's a show that's judged on the day. Who knows, maybe the GSD was a little under the weather, or the Kerry was off just a tad. There are a lot of things that go into judging at dog shows...maybe you can go to one in your area and talk to a judge when they're not busy. They're nice people and you may learn something you didn't know before.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved