• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Prybar

Prybar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

Been watching Psych on ION recently, and have noticed that it's edited like crazy, (probably to make more time for the annoying ION promos). ION shows Psych like it's a show about a murder, and Psych has been edited to only show the details of the murder investigation, completely missing the fun of the shenanigans. Entire key scenes are missing from the ION versions of Psych. Why would USA let one of their best shows be cut-up and mutilated by another network? Please all Psych fans raise an outcry of this disgrace of a well written show.

#2 Mc2a2k8

Mc2a2k8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

The only editing I've noticed from ION is in the pilot.

Posted Image

"No more tears Jules"

#3 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Some episodes that are supersized for the premiere are cut down to the standard 1 hour (or 43 minutes without commercials) for subsequent broadcasts. Even USA does that. Are you referring to those episodes? There were a couple in season 5.

Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#4 Prybar

Prybar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I just watched the episode Truer Lies, and it ran at 41 minutes. I'm not sure what was missing from this episode, but I think it was Shawn and Gus sneaking in to talk to Ryan in jail. Other episodes are even worse where the cutting is concerned, missing whole plot lines and the references.

#5 CherithCutestory

CherithCutestory

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

That is weird.
Cherith Cutestory, pirate lawyer.

#6 chinesepirate

chinesepirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

I have watched the re-runs on Ion many, many times and have never noticed any editing.
Posted Image
"KFC is giving away double downs. Dude, they're just giving them away" - Shawn

#7 Nolebaby25

Nolebaby25

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have watched the re-runs on Ion many, many times and have never noticed any editing.

Same here. I haven't noticed anything crazy.
Posted Image

Shawn: [on the phone with Juliet] Admit it, you're a little turned on by the whole bounty hunter thing, aren't you? Come on, Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. I mean, I know the psychic thing is sexy, I mean, that's a given; it's a sexy thing, but... Shawn Spencer, Bounty Hunter. It's hot.

#8 Psychoholic103

Psychoholic103

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

I watch Psych on ION every sat. I guess some of them are cut (like the pilot) but not usually :rolleyes: . But I completly agree with you on the stupid ION promos, they show way too many commercials and they are the same ones over and over again :angry:

Edited by Psychoholic103, 20 February 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#9 Banleno007

Banleno007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

ome episodes that are supersized for the premiere are cut down to the standard 1 hour (or 43 minutes without commercials) for subsequent broadcasts. Even USA does that. Are you referring to those episodes? There were a couple in season 5.
Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved