• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Okay, I looked and I didn't see one so I'm making a thread for RP fanfic.. :) I don't know about you lot but I would love to see more RP fanfics out there. I'm currently working on making that goal happen but I can't do it alone. :) Any volunteers to help?

#2 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Okay, I looked and I didn't see one so I'm making a thread for RP fanfic.. :) I don't know about you lot but I would love to see more RP fanfics out there. I'm currently working on making that goal happen but I can't do it alone. :) Any volunteers to help?

Welcome! Bagpipe_mouse and I have been writing fanfics in the “ddanne and bagpipe_mouse’s tag team fan fic, random scene, and miscellaneous backstory” thread for a while now. We write, throw ideas around, chit chat about the show and the characters. You should check out our thread! Most of our stories revolve around Boris, since he’s our favorite character! We DON’T like Marissa, so. . .we each created our own girlfriend for Boris. We write about most of the characters in the show, but we’ve created a lot of new characters for our universe, as well.

What kind of fanfics did you have in mind? Have you written, do you write. . .are you going to write?

We always welcome comments and ideas. Come play with us!! :rolleyes:

Edited by ddanne, 29 January 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#3 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Welcome! Bagpipe_mouse and I have been writing fanfics in the "ddanne and bagpipe_mouse's tag team fan fic, random scene, and miscellaneous backstory" thread for a while now. We write, throw ideas around, chit chat about the show and the characters. You should check out our thread! Most of our stories revolve around Boris, since he's our favorite character! We DON'T like Marissa, so. . .we each created our own girlfriend for Boris. We write about most of the characters in the show, but we've created a lot of new characters for our universe, as well.

What kind of fanfics did you have in mind? Have you written, do you write. . .are you going to write?

We always welcome comments and ideas. Come play with us!! :rolleyes:

I'm with you on Marissa - not really a fan of hers. Boris is an interesting character, however he's not my favorite (although he is my second or third favorite). Hank is the one I tend to focus on; I have thought about writing a Hank/Boris (friendship, slash, whatever floats my boat) fic but I haven't gotten much further than that.

The main genre I write is hurt/comfort AKA whump; it's my favorite kind of fics to write. It's usually more hurt/comfort because while I do like to whump a character, I also like providing some (or a lot) comfort for them as well. Usually it's their friends and/or lover doing it so it varies on whether or not the fic is romantic or not.

I'm not a fan of Jill and Hank so I try not to have them be together. :)

Could you provide me with a link to your thread? I'd love to come join the chatter. ;)

#4 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm with you on Marissa - not really a fan of hers. Boris is an interesting character, however he's not my favorite (although he is my second or third favorite). Hank is the one I tend to focus on; I have thought about writing a Hank/Boris (friendship, slash, whatever floats my boat) fic but I haven't gotten much further than that.

The main genre I write is hurt/comfort AKA whump; it's my favorite kind of fics to write. It's usually more hurt/comfort because while I do like to whump a character, I also like providing some (or a lot) comfort for them as well. Usually it's their friends and/or lover doing it so it varies on whether or not the fic is romantic or not.

I'm not a fan of Jill and Hank so I try not to have them be together. :)

Could you provide me with a link to your thread? I'd love to come join the chatter. ;)

Come on in. . .the water's fine! You don't need a link. . .the thread is right here on the message board. Mouse and I have both slacked off a bit lately, but my latest chapter is on page #276. Go back another page to see Mouse's latest chapter. You would have to go back to the beginning of the thread to find all of the stories. . .but there are some pretty good stories sprinkled in. Like I said. . .we love comments and ideas!! :unsure:

#5 Bagpipe_Mouse

Bagpipe_Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'll second that invitation!

Let's see...I love origin stories, so I've written quite a bit about Boris as a kid. And in my universe, Boris and Dieter grew up together. There's also a nice little story with Hank and Evan as kids...and we learn that the epic Shadow Pond Memorial Day party wasn't the first time Evan crashed a Boris shindig! I've also grown quite fond of crossovers. I have one for Royal Pains, White Collar, and NCIS that I still have to finish out. I did one that brought in the late 60's TV series "The Rat Patrol". And, I did a fun little scene that followed the Highlander universe, although it didn't use any characters from the series. I'm quite a Dieterhead, so I have one in the back of my mind that follows the events of the cannonical universe, and brings in the gang from Burn Notice. It's a little bit of anti-Marissa wish fulfillment!

#6 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'll second that invitation!

Let's see...I love origin stories, so I've written quite a bit about Boris as a kid. And in my universe, Boris and Dieter grew up together. There's also a nice little story with Hank and Evan as kids...and we learn that the epic Shadow Pond Memorial Day party wasn't the first time Evan crashed a Boris shindig! I've also grown quite fond of crossovers. I have one for Royal Pains, White Collar, and NCIS that I still have to finish out. I did one that brought in the late 60's TV series "The Rat Patrol". And, I did a fun little scene that followed the Highlander universe, although it didn't use any characters from the series. I'm quite a Dieterhead, so I have one in the back of my mind that follows the events of the cannonical universe, and brings in the gang from Burn Notice. It's a little bit of anti-Marissa wish fulfillment!

I love Burn Notice. I do wonder how the characters from RP would mesh with those from BN but I'm not quite up to writing a crossover like that yet. I'm still dipping my toys into the RP fic water. :) I did publish the fic I was writing though - it's Hank based and Hank whump but there is a touch of Boris in there (as well as Eddie, Evan, Divya and Jill) and I'm thinking of maybe incorporating more of Boris into it.. Either that or I'll just write a completely other fic that centers on Boris and Hank. :) Not sure which yet.

#7 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Gah!! I can't figure out how to start the next chapter of my RP fic!!Posted Image Honestly, I'm not even sure what I want to have happen this chapter... I have a general idea but other than that, nothing. Posted Image

#8 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Me again. :) Hey, I know this thread isn't all that active but I have noticed that some people are checking in on it so I figured it can't hurt to ask/post my request.

As you probably already know, I'm writing a RP fanfic. The problem is that I don't have a beta for it and I would dearly love one. I want to make sure I do well with the characters, that the story flows and that my grammar is good. For the most part the last one isn't a problem, it's my tenses; I have this horrible time with making sure that my tenses are in the same time (past, present, future).

If anyone is willing to help me out - I would be eternally grateful! :) I promise I'm not a horrible writer.. LOL my S/N on FF.net is pisces317 if you'd like to check out some of my fics before you answer. Consider them as a resume. ;)

#9 chuhui22

chuhui22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

I love Burn Notice.Posted Image

#10 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'm saddened by the lack of RP fics out there. I've written (more like started) a few Royal Pains fics. All up in fanfiction.net :)

I'm a HUGE whump fan so...yeah.

But the thing with RP is that there's not much to explore with aside from shippings (most of which contain, urgh, Divyan) and whump. There's nothing wrong with reading whump though :P

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#11 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm saddened by the lack of RP fics out there. I've written (more like started) a few Royal Pains fics. All up in fanfiction.net :)

I'm a HUGE whump fan so...yeah.

But the thing with RP is that there's not much to explore with aside from shippings (most of which contain, urgh, Divyan) and whump. There's nothing wrong with reading whump though :P

There's a decent amount of RP fics out there, it's just that most are Evan-centric and while I like Evan, I prefer to read about Hank. :)

I've written one RP fic (Called "The Stubbornness of Doctors") but that's it. I've been meaning to write another but I can't seem to get that one flowing quite as easily as I did the other so I'm letting it stew for a bit while I try to finish some other fics I have going instead. ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "there's not much to explore with aside from shippings".. Could you elaborate, please?

#12 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

There's a decent amount of RP fics out there, it's just that most are Evan-centric and while I like Evan, I prefer to read about Hank. :)

I've written one RP fic (Called "The Stubbornness of Doctors") but that's it. I've been meaning to write another but I can't seem to get that one flowing quite as easily as I did the other so I'm letting it stew for a bit while I try to finish some other fics I have going instead. ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "there's not much to explore with aside from shippings".. Could you elaborate, please?

Writers like to whump on the "man-child" almost all the time. Just take a look at Psych! :P

To elaborate, if you look at Psych for example, there are so many ideas you can easily explore with (e.g. kidnappings, hostage situations, serial killers, various other crimes). Some people even go with a supernatural twist. With Royal Pains, the cases are always medical. There was one author who tried to add robbers and create a hostage situation but it didn't work out well :mellow: You can TRY to add twists like that to RP but it doesn't suit the dynamic of the show and it's almost never believeable.

I'm not usually good at explaining myself but I hope you got the gist of what I'm trying to say.
I adore Royal Pains, I really do, which is why I'm happy with just a simple medical whump case :)

Wait, you said there are a lot of decent fics? Is there a website for them? Like Psychfic for example? Or are you specifically on about fanfiction.net? I've pretty much checked out every RP fic on that site except the inappropriate slash ones :blink:
Btw, I LOVE your signature :wub:

Edited by MrsUzumaki, 05 June 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

#13 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Welcome back! You started this thread back in January – and then you disappeared!

So. . .you wrote an RP fanfic? Where is it? Why don’t you post it here; I thought that’s why you started this thread.

Mouse and I are still writing fanfics over in the “ddanne and bagpipe_mouse” thread; you’re more than welcome to join us. I’ve actually been thinking about moving some of my stories over to this thread. I started tweaking the first story I wrote back in 2010; I’ve already added over 1000 new words?! When I finish it, I’ll post it. :blink:

#14 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Writers like to whump on the "man-child" almost all the time. Just take a look at Psych! :P

To elaborate, if you look at Psych for example, there are so many ideas you can easily explore with (e.g. kidnappings, hostage situations, serial killers, various other crimes). Some people even go with a supernatural twist. With Royal Pains, the cases are always medical. There was one author who tried to add robbers and create a hostage situation but it didn't work out well :mellow: You can TRY to add twists like that to RP but it doesn't suit the dynamic of the show and it's almost never believeable.

I'm not usually good at explaining myself but I hope you got the gist of what I'm trying to say.
I adore Royal Pains, I really do, which is why I'm happy with just a simple medical whump case :)

Wait, you said there are a lot of decent fics? Is there a website for them? Like Psychfic for example? Or are you specifically on about fanfiction.net? I've pretty much checked out every RP fic on that site except the inappropriate slash ones :blink:

Well. . .bagpipe_mouse and I write RP fanfics all the time, and we generally don’t have to “whump” anyone?! I think if you like the characters, it’s quite easy to create stories around them.

Boris is our favorite character, so most of our stories center around him. Neither one of us like Marissa, so we each created our own girlfriend. As I told Pisces, you’re more than welcome to check out our stories. I’ve been thinking about moving some of my stories over to this thread to make them easier to find. Are you planning on posting some of your stories here? I don’t go to fanfic.net very often; I’m happier right here. :blink:

#15 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well. . .bagpipe_mouse and I write RP fanfics all the time, and we generally don't have to "whump" anyone?! I think if you like the characters, it's quite easy to create stories around them.

Boris is our favorite character, so most of our stories center around him. Neither one of us like Marissa, so we each created our own girlfriend. As I told Pisces, you're more than welcome to check out our stories. I've been thinking about moving some of my stories over to this thread to make them easier to find. Are you planning on posting some of your stories here? I don't go to fanfic.net very often; I'm happier right here. :blink:

Evan's my favourite, so naturally my fics are about him XD Boris is awesome too! Occasionally I glance over at ff.net for anything new (usually there isn't). My fics are: If It's Not The Fish That Kills You (I kinda strayed off with characterisation by the third chapter 'cos I got a little too enhusiastic) and Labyrinth Of A Soul (which I wish I didn't start 'cos it's pretty...how should I put this?...LAME)

And no, you don't HAVE to whump on anyone, but it's still fun :P
(That sounded a lot less sadistic in my head...:mellow: )

Edited by MrsUzumaki, 05 June 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#16 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Welcome back! You started this thread back in January – and then you disappeared!

So. . .you wrote an RP fanfic? Where is it? Why don't you post it here; I thought that's why you started this thread.

Mouse and I are still writing fanfics over in the "ddanne and bagpipe_mouse" thread; you're more than welcome to join us. I've actually been thinking about moving some of my stories over to this thread. I started tweaking the first story I wrote back in 2010; I've already added over 1000 new words?! When I finish it, I'll post it. :blink:

Honestly? My muse for RP ff kinda died so I left to get it back.. Posted Image

I started this thread to chat about fanfic and if people wanted to post theirs - go for it! I didn't post mine here for awhile because it wasn't finished then I didn't post it because.....well, I don't have a good reason then, lol

YES! Go ahead and move your fics over here! :) It's the perfect place for them.

Here's my fic - The Stubbornness of Doctors

#17 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

That is true - there aren't a lot of different things you can do with RP BUT you don't always have to have it be medical either. You could have it be a short oneshot of whatever you like, you know? Plus, you could always throw in a medical mystery worthy of House if you're talented enough Posted Image

Okay, maybe the words "a lot" wasn't a good way to put it. Posted Image What I meant was, "I'm sure there are some decent RP fics out there but I haven't read them because I only read the ones that have Hank in them and aren't centered on Evan."

Thanks! I made it (and the icon) myself ;)

#18 pisces317

pisces317

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

I had an idea for another RP fic but I wanted to get some opinions on it...

Okay so you know the ep where Hank interferes between Tucker and his father and tells the dad that he needs to get clean/sober? Well, what if Hank has Tucker stay with him and the father goes over there to get Tucker back. He gets violent when Hank refuses and somehow (haven't quite figured out how yet) knocks Hank down a flight of stairs. I was thinking this could happen one of two ways.

One: Boris' security catches the dad and has them escort him into a room until he can get Hank there to sort the situation out. A fight breaks out, right in front of Boris, and (they're upstairs btw) the dad explodes, punching Hank and sending him flying down the first flight of stairs. Boris' security pounces and arrests him while Boris goes down to check on Hank (I'm a sucker for Boris being protective of Hank and of trying to explore the deeper aspects of their friendship so I like to add him in there lol).

Two: The dad sneaks into Shadow Pond and surprises Tucker, Hank, and Evan by entering their guesthouse. Tucker is upstairs trying to rest so that's where the dad goes but Hank blocks his way at the top of the stairs. He tells the dad that he needs to go home and sober up before he will even think about letting him near Tucker. The dad tries to push his way through but Hank is firm. Out of patience the dad throws Hank down the stairs and is in the process of going to get Tucker when Evan punches him and knocks him out cold. At this point the security arrive and haul the dad off the property.

What do you think?? Yay? Nay?

Edited by pisces317, 05 June 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#19 ddanne

ddanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

OK -- I FINALLY did it!! I posted a story over on Fanfiction.net!! I re-wrote my very first "Annabelle and Boris" story. Annabelle is the girlfriend I created for Boris back during the first season (2009) -- BEFORE Marissa?! :blink:

Here's the link -- if you want to check it out:

Annabelle & the First Invitation

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved