• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnnn

Johnnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

when the captain and monk are talking about the grenade and they say its a wash because he went back and opened the refrigerator door to straighten something, what did they mean by that? The only think i can think of is finger prints but he was holding on to the grenade the whole time with his bare hands when he ran to put it in the refrigerator. So im not sure to what they are referring to when they say its a wash

#2 Tami

Tami

Monk Magnet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

when the captain and monk are talking about the grenade and they say its a wash because he went back and opened the refrigerator door to straighten something, what did they mean by that? The only think i can think of is finger prints but he was holding on to the grenade the whole time with his bare hands when he ran to put it in the refrigerator. So im not sure to what they are referring to when they say its a wash

The phrase "It's a wash" means neither side or position has an advantage in a situation. Now, I'd have to wash the episode again, but I think Stottlemeyer said something about recommending Monk for a medal for saving everybody's lives. Then Stottlemeyer would recommend taking the medal away for re-opening the refrigerator after Monk had placed grenade in the refrigerator, because he needed to straighten it.

"It's a wash" because Monk didn't have a medal to begin with, so giving him a medal and taking it away leaves him in the same position (medal-wise) as he was before the grenade incident.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming
that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3 Johnnn

Johnnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

That makes sense.

Here is another one though this one is more of what is your opinion. In mr monk and the astronaut when he invite them to watch his test flight why do you think Natalie didn't mention Mitch i mean that whole episode really hit real close to home for her especially since he had been accepted into the space program. But in the whole episode he was not mentioned once.

The phrase "It's a wash" means neither side or position has an advantage in a situation. Now, I'd have to wash the episode again, but I think Stottlemeyer said something about recommending Monk for a medal for saving everybody's lives. Then Stottlemeyer would recommend taking the medal away for re-opening the refrigerator after Monk had placed grenade in the refrigerator, because he needed to straighten it.

"It's a wash" because Monk didn't have a medal to begin with, so giving him a medal and taking it away leaves him in the same position (medal-wise) as he was before the grenade incident.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved