• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#1 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

So I wonder if any of the NCIS gang reads the threads (which has been a long time wonder). I'm on Twitter, and so are they, I should ask, though I doubt I'll get a response.

Not much going on with me. Trying to write another book. I don't have hopes of getting it published, I just like writing.

Oh! I have a funny to tell!! Im at choir rehersal and my director gets out his phone to turn the ringer off then says, "Do you know why I carry this ancient thing?" We all pause wondering why. Then he says, "Because Leroy Jethro Gibbs has the same exact one. It's the Gibbs phone." It was funny. He's an NCIS fan too. I guess it was one of those "you had to be there" moments.

Still going to school. Just a light load this semester. Very light. As in only choir. I'm debating taking a semester off, but I dont know. I probably should. I'm still adjusting to basically being a single mom (long story), plus I have my health I need to get to the bottom to--since now they think I have an Auto Immune Disease. **sigh** I just need a new body transplant.

So what's going on with everyone? Hope all is well. Talk to you soon. :)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:
Broadway in New York 3-25-10
P.A.C in Tulsa, Okla. 11-26-10

#2 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

That is funny about the phone. My last phone was used in an episode, by a character of .... I think it was Leverage(?) now I don't remember. I was so excited to see a character use the same phone as me. but then mine (after almost 5 years) finally died and I broke down and got a new one. =(

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

I think everyone uses an iPhone. :(

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:

#4 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

yeah, most tv characters do these days.

I'm sorry, but I hate everything "i". No way would I have an iPhone. iPad. iPod. etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

My family is giulty of the iGen thing- It's funny to see old grandad's trying to use them... Or even people who have been labourers for ages so the screen doesn't recognise their hands as... hands!
Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#6 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

the screen doesn't recognise their hands as... hands!

oh dear, I didn't know that was a problem with them. =)~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

That is interesting. I first got the iPhone because the hubby insisted I get one. Then he wanted mine so I upgraded. I love it. Inbetween those I bought a MAC computer. I gave up buying a PC laptop every year and everyone I had talked to about MACs had loved them. Thennnn since the back surgeries I cant carry the load of books in my backpack I used to so I bought the iPad as an alternate to try and download my books on to. I'll try it next year since I bought it in the middle of the semester. So far it's been used as a kindle type. The downside--it in no way replaces physical books. The upside--I dont have to drive to the bookstore 30 miles away to get a book. :)

Edited by purplerain0405, 13 November 2011 - 10:30 PM.

-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:

#8 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

One of my biggest problems with apple products is how dang expensive they are. - like the iPods, for example, a 2gb iPad cost twice+ as much as a 4, or even 8gb of a regular mp3 player... AND then you have to download their Stupid iTunes program and upload songs to it from/through that. (where as I can just use my media player -where all my songs currently are- with an mp3 player.) Not to mention, I can't even figure out the iTunes site! I did a search and came up with Nothing, even though I Know the thing(s) I was searching for were on there. Somewhere.
Their laptop computers are also way too expensive for my taste. (My toshiba has lasted me about 7 years and counting.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Kimbee

Kimbee

Lego Ooba Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ahh Apple. So wonderful and annoying at the same time...
Posted Image Plus Posted Image Equals happy Me!!

#10 purplerain0405

purplerain0405

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

You can "jail break" the iPhone and iPod touch (dunno about the iPad) and that causes all the barriers to come down. So then you can download free songs and use websites like Myxer. Just make sure if you jail break it the warranty has expired because if not it will void the warranty on the product.
I was annoyed with iTunes at first because everything is downloaded as an M4a (I think) format. Now they have several formats to pick from when you burn a disk. They are getting better. Just taking a while.

PS-In reference to my first post, I still dont know if the NCIS guys read our boards (I've asked but have yet to get a reply). But I do know Pauley watches the USA marathons. :)

Edited by purplerain0405, 01 January 2012 - 02:13 AM.

-Elbert Hubbard

Posted Image
Saw Wicked:

#11 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

But I do know Pauley watches the USA marathons. :)

Awesome!

It's hard to remember that actors are people too, with TVs and internet access and may be watching/listening to/reading the same things as you.

Yesterday, I noticed a couple people from the "Leverage" crew posting about the BBC series "Sherlock" ... which I ADORE!!! and cannot wait to see again! aparently the second season starts today.. so I'm off to spoof my IP address and go watch it on the BBC site. *grin* (otherwise we won't get it until May here!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Oh good. Another thread for me to ramble on and on. We have a hobby store right next the store I work at. They already have Christmas stuff up! I will have to go in and see if they have any Halloween stuff yet. I really can't afford to buy it but I do enjoy looking at it. :P

#13 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

While I can get behind the halloween decorations... That would be the WORST part of working in a hobby/craft store.. all the darn christmas decorations out 6 months in advance! - I HATE retail!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

While I can get behind the halloween decorations... That would be the WORST part of working in a hobby/craft store.. all the darn christmas decorations out 6 months in advance! - I HATE retail!

Me too! What the hell is Christmas stuff doing out in July? Some of the radio stations start playing Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving. ALL Christmas music until the day after Christmas. In the store I work at they start at the same time so all I hear are the same songs over and over. And people wonder why I hate the Holidays. :blink:

#15 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I know it. I worked in retail for a while. - Luckily I worked gaveyard... when the store was closed... so we said screw the manager, we're turing the damn music OFF!

but we still had to set out all the christmas crap several months in advance. I Hated that.

also, we have the same crap with the radio stations. 24 hour/day christmas music starting the day after thanksgiving.

I hate the holidays too.

especially since I'm not a christian.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

I know it. I worked in retail for a while. - Luckily I worked gaveyard... when the store was closed... so we said screw the manager, we're turing the damn music OFF!

but we still had to set out all the christmas crap several months in advance. I Hated that.

also, we have the same crap with the radio stations. 24 hour/day christmas music starting the day after thanksgiving.

I hate the holidays too.

especially since I'm not a christian.

What religion are you?

#17 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

I am 'none of the above.'

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

LOL. I think I want to use that too. I work with a guy that likes to throw his religion around. He drives me nuts. When anyone asks him how he is, he always answers "very blessed". I'd like to duct tape his mouth closed. ;)

#19 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

lol - yes. That's great and all if one has something to believe in, but I am sick to death of people throwing religion on the rest of us.
We're a country that was founded on Freedom of religion. And if you truly believe in this country, you should respect that some people believe in god in a different way, believe in a different god, or no god at all.
Just saying.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 kiffen

kiffen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

I agree with you. Wasn't one of the reasons we came to this country was freedom of religion? I'm tired of everyone telling me that their religion is the only "true religion". You have no idea how many people come thru my line and hand me religious stuff. I must really must look like I'm hellbound. :blink: I'm tired of people talking about "good christian values". They are the ones who are usually doing bad things.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved