• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FoxMauledHer

FoxMauledHer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

I apologize in advance if this is already covered in another thread. My mother was recently told that she will most likely need a heart transplant (viral cardiac myopathy after a minor illness). We were talking about people who have had heart transplants and I thought James Roday was one of them? Is that true or did he "only" have open heart surgery?

#2 Aneema

Aneema

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

I apologize in advance if this is already covered in another thread. My mother was recently told that she will most likely need a heart transplant (viral cardiac myopathy after a minor illness). We were talking about people who have had heart transplants and I thought James Roday was one of them? Is that true or did he "only" have open heart surgery?

Hi Fox, welcome to the boards.
The simple answer is, we don't know. James has never made any official comment about the origin of his scar. If that rumour exists it's speculation.
When the subject has come up in the past the consensus here on the board has usually been not to pry into his private life.

BTW for future reference, random questions like this can be posted in the "Any Questions" thread at the top of the page :).

All the best for your mom!!

Edited by Aneema, 06 November 2011 - 04:47 AM.

Posted Image

#3 momcat54

momcat54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Like several of Psych's loyal viewers, I am a nurse by profession. Much of my practice has been with children and with adults having heart surgery. If you look closely, you will also find that James has a scar in the middle of his upper lip, most likely from cleft palate (incomplete development of the roof of the mouth and lip) repair surgery as a child. Heart defects go hand in hand with other defects, often with babies born with cleft palate ... usually heart valve defects most common, sometimes patent ductus (known as a "hole in the heart" or incomplete development of the wall between the ventricles). Some people live with these heart defects without much trouble until they reach young adulthood and then suddenly their bodies simply cannot compensate anymore. Also, the node that controls the heartbeat is in the septum (the wall between the ventricles), so if there's a defect there, that node can be affected resulting in life-threatening heart rythms that get worse with age, requiring a pacemaker or internal heart defibrillator to be installed.
All of this is speculation, of course, as I have no personal knowledge of Mr. Roday's health history. He doesn't speak of it and is definitely entiled to his privacy; something we don't seem to afford celebrities these days. As long as he is healthy and happy, I really do not need to know the truth. But I do still like to fiddle with puzzle pieces.

Happy Psych-ing to ALL!

Momcat54-RN

Edited by momcat54, 13 March 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#4 MrsUzumaki

MrsUzumaki

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

It has been talked about here :)

http://forums.usanet...howtopic=437970

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it.

Posted Image

#5 clueblue1

clueblue1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Dose James have a heart syndrome cuz I have HLHS witch stands for hypoplastic left heart syndrome.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved