• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JTS2658

JTS2658

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hey, newbie here. I want to dress up like Michael Westen for Halloween. Any suggestions? A suit and cool brown shades?

#2 Maka556

Maka556

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hey, newbie here. I want to dress up like Michael Westen for Halloween. Any suggestions? A suit and cool brown shades?

Well, if you really wanted to keep it authentic, you'd need an Armani suit, pastel colored shirt, whatever the hell sunglasses he wears, and a (hopefully airsoft model of the) H&K P30 semiautomatic pistol you'd keep tucked in the small of your back. I'd invest in a nice fitting belt, too, because the gun'll probably slide a little.

#3 JTS2658

JTS2658

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

Well, if you really wanted to keep it authentic, you'd need an Armani suit, pastel colored shirt, whatever the hell sunglasses he wears, and a (hopefully airsoft model of the) H&K P30 semiautomatic pistol you'd keep tucked in the small of your back. I'd invest in a nice fitting belt, too, because the gun'll probably slide a little.

That was kind of my idea (didn't think about the gun part though). I also thought about putting something on the suit that says "burned spy," like a nametag kind of thing. Just hope average joe drunk person at the bar will recognize it for what it is. THANKS!

#4 DM489

DM489

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Pretty sure it's a Sig P226/P228 or similar model, not an H&K P30. If you go the H&K route he's carried a USP compact.

Reference: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Burn_Notice

#5 Maka556

Maka556

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

They're not totally clear, but they did mention that he carried the P228 up until season 3. They mention him using the P30 as a sidearm, but without any specific timeframe. I myself have not gone through the Season 5 episodes to see what kind of sidearm he uses, but if somebody wants to take my Stats midterm for me I'd be happy to do so.

#6 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

His preferred gun is mentioned in season 1-10 episode "False Flag" with Evelyn when they are in the hut and Evelyn is shooting at them. Sig p228 I think...

Sun glasses are Oliver Peoples but if you check the BN fashion thread a less expensive alternative is listed there.

#7 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

You could carry around some yogurt...that might help people get it.

#8 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

His preferred gun is mentioned in season 1-10 episode "False Flag" with Evelyn when they are in the hut and Evelyn is shooting at them. Sig p228 I think...

Sun glasses are Oliver Peoples but if you check the BN fashion thread a less expensive alternative is listed there.

All good advise; check out this link for Gator PI My link .He has manged to pull off the "Michael Westen" look even though he does not look like him. :) I would advise you to wear a name badge; I'll send a sample via PM

#9 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

You could also make up some business cards of Michael's various cover IDs to pass out. You could put aka Michael Westen on them if people aren't familar with BN.

#10 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

You could also make up some business cards of Michael's various cover IDs to pass out. You could put aka Michael Westen on them if people aren't familar with BN.

I love this idea!!!

Michael Westen
I used to be a spy

AKA Duane Winger, Johnny, Homer, Crazy Gringo, Michael McBride

I also like the idea of yogurt Petunia has. In fact, you could buy those yogurt tubes "Gogurt" and pass them around for treats. Not the cheapest treat, but...Or, you could duplicate Strickler's gift and carry a basket of yogurts.

MFParis1person.jpg

#11 Gater_pi

Gater_pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

All good advise; check out this link for Gator PI My link .He has manged to pull off the "Michael Westen" look even though he does not look like him. :) I would advise you to wear a name badge; I'll send a sample via PM

Tan linen Italian suit $6,000
light blue Kenneth Cole dress shirt $125
Italian leather loafers $650
Custom ordered Oliver Peoples Victory 58's in gold/cognac $750.00
Chase Durer UDT 1000XL $995
barrage of "fat jokes" from posting my avatar as an entry into the Burn Notice Facebook Halloween Costume Contest? priceless.

kidding aside, when I wore that outfit to a convention in August, I was going to wear a sticker-badge that said "Hello - My Name is:" and write in "Michael Westen. I used to be a spy"

You have my permission to use that ;)

#12 JTS2658

JTS2658

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Tan linen Italian suit $6,000
light blue Kenneth Cole dress shirt $125
Italian leather loafers $650
Custom ordered Oliver Peoples Victory 58's in gold/cognac $750.00
Chase Durer UDT 1000XL $995
barrage of "fat jokes" from posting my avatar as an entry into the Burn Notice Facebook Halloween Costume Contest? priceless.

kidding aside, when I wore that outfit to a convention in August, I was going to wear a sticker-badge that said "Hello - My Name is:" and write in "Michael Westen. I used to be a spy"

You have my permission to use that ;)

Gater pi,

Yeah, since this is somewhat of a last minute decision, I'll be wearing the following:

Kilburne & Finch tan suit $250

Van Heusen cotton dress shirt $15

Sunglasses with rust-colored lenses $15

Rockport dress shoes $60

Fake CIA nametag created by USAfanatic1744 Free

Pulling it off as well as you and getting people to recognize the costume....priceless.

#13 jacknicklauz

jacknicklauz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

do you like any ideas from here? it will very great if you can post your hallowen dress pic Posted Image

#14 JTS2658

JTS2658

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

do you like any ideas from here? it will very great if you can post your hallowen dress pic Posted Image

Not sure how to post pics, but my avatar has one of me without the shades on. My ID badge is from USAfanatic1744 (I added "burned" in red letters across it) and it says Michael Westen, CIA at the top along with the logo. Quite a few people recognized what show it was from, even when I wasn't wearing the sunglasses.

#15 philliesfan

philliesfan

The love between Michael & Fiona is the heart of the show

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

How fun, JTS! When I clicked on your avatar pic, and it took me to your profile, I saw you in this suit with your sunglasses on. I'm so glad Fanatic's badge worked out (kind of you, Fanatic) - I like that you wrote "Burned" in red letters. Makes it like a branding, like the "A" from "The Scarlet Letter". I'm pleased that people recognized your costume! Thanks for sharing.

MFParis1person.jpg

#16 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Nice job JTS2658! Great avatar and profile pic! Also love GaterPI's post!

Happy Halloween everyone! :D
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#17 USAfanatic1744

USAfanatic1744

"Plenty of Muscle"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

Not sure how to post pics, but my avatar has one of me without the shades on. My ID badge is from USAfanatic1744 (I added "burned" in red letters across it) and it says Michael Westen, CIA at the top along with the logo. Quite a few people recognized what show it was from, even when I wasn't wearing the sunglasses.

How fun, JTS! When I clicked on your avatar pic, and it took me to your profile, I saw you in this suit with your sunglasses on. I'm so glad Fanatic's badge worked out (kind of you, Fanatic) - I like that you wrote "Burned" in red letters. Makes it like a branding, like the "A" from "The Scarlet Letter". I'm pleased that people recognized your costume! Thanks for sharing.

Great job, JTS, all you needed was the beautiful Fiona on your arm.:lol: Happy Halloween Everyone!

Posted Image

#18 Gater_pi

Gater_pi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Right on. Good effort, guy! Looks like you made out pretty well. Thumbs up

#19 JTS2658

JTS2658

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Thanks to everyone for the advice and pats on the back! This was a ton of fun, and I'm still amazed at how many people recognized who I was. I may go out of town next year for Halloween so I can wear it again!

JTS

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved