6386 replies to this topic

#1 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

In homage to Ann, I am starting this thread. So, what else does everyone watch (like there could be anything else besides White Collar) and why?

Edited by CathysOpinion, 02 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,370 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

In homage to Ann, I am starting this thread. So, what else does everyone watch (like there could be anything else besides White Collar) and why?

Aww! Thanks Cathy!

So many people have mentioned other TV shows in various threads and seemed to edit themselves in order not to stray way off topic. Now there's no need to struggle with that problem. We still have a long wait until January and no one can make me believe that they're not watching TV until January.

There are some good shows on TV. I always enjoy NCIS and I've come to like NCIS LA too. I didn't at first but either it grew on me or it got better. I've been watching the new Hawaii 5-0, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds and Revenge. I'm annoyed that I keep missing The Good Wife but it's had a delayed start due to football almost every week. By the time it comes on, I'm into something else and I forget to go back to it.

Hmmm? What else do I watch? I do like Storage Wars on A&E and Auction Hunters on Spyke. They're both a little wacky but fun to watch and only half hour shows. I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. It's way passed my bedtime.

Edited by LI_Ann, 23 October 2011 - 09:58 AM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#3 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

My family likes to watch Castle. I don't know if anyone else watches it, but 2 weeks ago the guy who plays Keller(sorry I can't remember his name) was on.

#4 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Well, I still have my old staples. I'm getting back into House this year and surprisingly it's been pretty good. Desperate Housewives and I'm enjoying L&O SVU even without Stabler.

I've tried Terra Nova but I don't think I'm going to stick with it.

Still like Hawaii 5-O because of the banter between the main two guys.

Comedies are The Middle, Raising Hope and Mike and Molly. That's about it for the main networks. Haven't even tried most of the new shows this year.

I keep USA on most of the other times. Might as well support the station that has WC so they get more money; hoping for more years of WC.

Had to edit because I totally forgot the Walking Dead. As gory as it is and I admit to closing my eyes at time the acting and writing is stellar and it's good to see a cable show do so well.

Edited by Pokeyshadow, 23 October 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#5 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

I'll have to think about this question for awhile because I've been disappointed in what's out there this year. I always love The Big Bang Theory. It was particularly funny this last time because Sheldon's Mother was on and she's always funny. I recorded Revenge and sat down to watch, but fell asleep. I don't know if it was boring to me or I was just sleepy. I'll try again this week. I love Fringe, but I feel they've gone nuts with this double identity thing. Two groups of people played by the same actors is strange. I'm waiting for Peter to come back and it looks as though he's broken through. Can't figure out why they'd done it this way unless Joshua was giving trouble about pay. I've watched Castle, but can't get past a police department allowing a writer to run around cracking cases. I don't know why this bothers me when there are a lot of other shows that do strange things like this all over the networks. I love The Good Wife. Didn't watch last week because the ad about the content turned me off. The idea of knowing someone is innocent from the beginning and the lawyers will have to prove it seems opposite of what the story line should be. Just me I guess. Will watch tonight. I'm doing the first season DVDs too.

#6 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Well, I still have my old staples. I'm getting back into House this year and surprisingly it's been pretty good. Desperate Housewives and I'm enjoying L&O SVU even without Stabler.

I've tried Terra Nova but I don't think I'm going to stick with it.

Still like Hawaii 5-O because of the banter between the main two guys.

Comedies are The Middle, Raising Hope and Mike and Molly. That's about it for the main networks. Haven't even tried most of the new shows this year.

I keep USA on most of the other times. Might as well support the station that has WC so they get more money; hoping for more years of WC.

Had to edit because I totally forgot the Walking Dead. As gory as it is and I admit to closing my eyes at time the acting and writing is stellar and it's good to see a cable show do so well.

I may have to go back and give House another try going by what you said. I don't watch any of the L&O. I liked SVU until Stabler became unstable and I agree with Ann, I got upset with Olivia. The last year of C.I. was great with the original cast back. I love Mark Harmon, but hate NCIS with all the head swatting. Annoying. I didn't understand that CBS has the football on Sundays. It's on NBC tonight so no reason for Ann to miss The Good Wife again. :D I love the idea of Alicia and Will. There's also a new show, Once Upon A Time that seems like a horror show from the commercials I've seen. I'll give it a try but if it is...No go! Comes on here at 7 which is kind of early for an adult horror show, maybe for the kiddies?

#7 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,355 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

We like NCIS and NCIS:LA. I do love the 'head swatting' or "Gibbsing" which is what hubby and I call it (we like to 'Gibbs' each other). I'm fed up with 2 1/2 Men. The Alan character is really getting on my nerves. I think a major overhaul - getting rid of Alan and Jake, is in order. I think Walden and his friends can handle it (gotta have Berta though). I've always watched and Law and Order franchise - the LA one wasn't so hot. I'm glad Olivia's character is not being so witchy to the two new detectives. We've always watched the CSI franchises, but the Miami one is suffering from poor writing. We also watch Criminal Minds. We couldn't get into the new one that got canceled.

For new shows, we're watching Unforgettable, Person of Interest, Homeland (Showtime).
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#8 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

I like Survivor and Amazing Race.
Other shows I watch are "Bones" which is probably my second favorite show after WC. It starts back up in another week or two. I really like "The Glades" which is done till next year.
I also watch Chuck- started watching that after it had been on for a couple of seasons because my daughter told me Matt had been in it as Bryce Larkin. So we downloaded the first 3 seasons and got caught up and then watched season 4. It starts back up next Friday for it's final season. Tim DeKay is going to guest star on Episode 8 I believe.
And I like the different Chef contest type shows on Food network and Bravo. And Project Runway.
I guess that's it.

boys+are+back+in+town+copy.jpg

#9 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,370 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

I've started watching Castle and I like it. The jury is still out on Unforgettable. It's OK but I'm not crazy about it.

I haven't watched any of the CSI franchise in years. The same with L&O. I was a L&O junkie (the original) once upon a time but after a bazillion years, I lost interest.

I loved The Glades but it will be a while before it's back. The Closer is another favorite. That's coming back pretty soon for the last 5/6 episodes. I heard it was going to spinoff into Major Crimes with everyone except Kyra coming back. Don't know about Fritz though.

Leverage should be back soon and Burn Notice will be back in two weeks along with Covert Affairs. I've been a Burn Notice fan since the Pilot. I watch Covert Affairs sometimes but usually in reruns.

I've never been into Survivor or the Amazing Race or any of the sitcoms on TV. I did watch the premier of Two and Half Men just to see how they introduced Ashton Kutcher. He was great in it but I haven't seen it since.

I always watch the Top Chef shows on Bravo and I'm looking forward to the new season Top Chef Texas. I catch Project Runway from time to time. It's a decent show and I love Tim Gunn.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#10 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

I do Supernatural (though I've missed and forgotten to record two of the 4 eps shown so far this season -- grrrr) and True Blood. That show is so deliciously bent, and the dialogue is *fabulous.* That's a summer show, though -- just watched the dvr of the finale last week.

I'm intrigued by American Horror Story, but I'm not sure it's one that'll have much longevity. It's kind of hard to envision where they're going to take it that would allow it to last longer than a season, but hey, I'm up for the ride.

I also love Justified, which I don't think will be starting up until Feb -- probably right around the time WC's season wraps up. :) And I'm a die-hard Ghost Hunters watcher. :)

I LOVE Modern Family -- that show is bloody brilliant. The Middle's pretty funny, too, and I love The Big Bang. I like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, though that's another one I've been forgetting to record, and I'll catch The League here and there -- so twisted, and so very funny.

I keep meaning to check out that Prime Suspect, because while I don't usually like Maria Bello, the previews for that look pretty damn good. (I love the bit where she talks about getting stabbed, and thinking "Where's that knife been?") And I'm going to give Once Upon a Time a try.
“Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear?
Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet
deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long
night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children
are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and
hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”

#11 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

I used to watch What Not To Wear. It was funny and horrible at the same time. Hated to see it go. Also, I will watch Say Yes To The Dress. I would never take anyone with me to choose a wedding dress. Taste is so personal I wouldn't care if my family didn't like the dress I chose. Rachel Ray was always fun too, but not being a cook I didn't get much out of it so stopped. I'm with Ann on Unforgettable. I saw the pilot and the one after but still not sure. A Gifted Man...he seems so self centered and uncaring about the people he's supposed to help. His dead ex-wife has to tweak him to get him to do anything for others? Strange idea for a doctor show. I watch TMZ sometimes and I'm very surprised they haven't picked up on the In Time premiere and the Magic Mike interviews that are all over the place. Saturdays show was supposed to be New, but the baseball game went past and they were canceled I guess. I'm trying to catch it tomorrow to see if they had anything on the In Time stuff. The blond girl caught Matt outside signing autographs at Jimmy Fallen I think one night and had a fit over him, so I'm guessing they've never come across him before. That was on You Tube and MBF.

#12 LuvsGoodTV

LuvsGoodTV

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Currently I'm watching Castle with yummy Nathan Fillion(I too noticed the actor who plays Keller on WC made a visit recently and played an equally creepy cop), Hawaii Five-O (for the scenery and the banter between the leads), Parenthood (even though I can't hear what the actors are saying half the time because the background music is so loud), Suburgatory (it's an odd comedy-smartly writen), Person of Interest (can't decide if I like it or not - could get old fast), The Mentalist (been watching since it started and I'm hooked), The Big Bang Theory (my favorite comedy - I too love it when either of the Moms come to visit), Fringe (I agree - it is getting too out there, but have to see how Peter returns), Chuck (must see for me - sorry it's the last year)I'm looking forward to Tim's visit and wonder if Matt will also guest star, Covert Affairs (like it, but not a must see) I tried Terra Nova too, but am loosing interest fast.

I'm waiting for new episodes of The Glades, Justified, Mad Men, and Hot in Cleveland. I don't get Showtime, but watch Dexter when I get a free trial every now and then and have caught up in between with Netflix. I also watch Dancing with the Stars and X Factor by DVR and then fast forward through all the nonsense to just see the couples dance or the contestants sing.

#13 WCFan

WCFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

I watch Castle (I like Nathan Fillion too!), Psych and Dancing with the Stars - I seem to like programs about bickering partners :D
I also watch all the "entertainment news" programs (ET, the Insider, Extra, Access Hollywood and E News) in case they have something on someone I like. I also saw the Castle episode with Ross McCall - he seemed to be channeling Keller in the role.

#14 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

Just watched Once Upon a Time. This looks like it's going to be fun! Next, The Good Wife.

#15 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Besides White Collar...my true addiction....

Been watching Chuck since it started...Love Casey!! Even named my dog after him. LOL :) YAY...it's back on this week!! Yay!

Also, watch NCIS love Gibbs...like the rest of the gang too.

Love Leverage..that should be starting up soon... Yay!

I also watch House, Fringe, Eureka, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs and Suits is ok.

On the reality side of things I watch...

American Idol, Dancing With The Stars and my reality addiction is.....Deadliest Catch....I LOVE that show!! Oh yea...I love Dog Whisperer too and Pit Boss is pretty good.

Out of the new shows this year...I have only tuned into 1 and that's Person of Interest because I like the 2 leads but for me the show is only just ok.

For me, NOTHING beats White Collar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

#16 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Been watching Chuck since it started...Love Casey!! Even named my dog after him. LOL :) YAY...it's back on this week!! Yay!

I also watch House, Fringe, Eureka, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs and Suits is ok.

American Idol, Dancing With The Stars and my reality addiction is.....Deadliest Catch....I LOVE that show!! Oh yea...I love Dog Whisperer too and Pit Boss is pretty good.

Out of the new shows this year...I have only tuned into 1 and that's Person of Interest because I like the 2 leads but for me the show is only just ok.

B

I didn't realize Eureka was still on. Next to WC, I like Suits, so far. They really left us with a cliff hanger for a first season with a year to wait.

#17 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

I didn't realize Eureka was still on. Next to WC, I like Suits, so far. They really left us with a cliff hanger for a first season with a year to wait.

Yup, Eureka is still on although, the season coming up ....at least I think it's the one coming up, I lose track...is the last. :( Oh well, on DVD...I'll have it as long as there are DVD & Blu-Ray players or other players in the future that will play DVDs. :)

Agreed about the Suits cliff hanger. Uggg. I know... for a fact(ish)... that all will turn out well though...afterall, it's ONLY the first season. :)

B.
Can I play mama time and make January get here tomorrow? I really NEED my White Collar. :)

#18 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

B

Yikes, I totally forgot about Suits. Probably because it won't be back for a year.

What do you think about HOuse this year? I swear I'm enjoying it and I haven't done that for years.

#19 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

I have to admit that I've been a TV addict for ages but seem to have lost interest in almost everything right after I got hooked on White Collar (duh, big surprise :D)... there's just no excitement in it, I watch my regular shows just for the sake of watching, even though I often find the episodes excellent and in the end I'm glad to have forced myself to watch this or that :D

That being said, currently on my list are Fringe, Supernatural, Bones, The Walking Dead, Chuck, Sanctuary, The Mentalist, House, Castle, Psych, Covert Affairs, Dexter, Burn Notice, Rizzoli & Isles, Suits, The Amazing Race

I tried watching Terra Nova but there's only so many versions of Jurassic Park a person can take - I'd rather watch WhiCo for the 100th time :D Same goes for Person of Interest - I fell asleep halfway through

There's only one new show I've really gotten into - Homeland... it's exactly what I need now that Jack Bauer's retired :D

kisses.png

#20 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hey, can we talk movies on here, too?

Just saw Paranormal Activity 3 yesterday, and I hate to say it, but I really don't recommend it. Nowhere near as scary as the first two, and not really a great prequel in terms of filling in the blanks, either. However, I did see three previews at that one that look great: Young Adult (Charlize Theron, who's absofreakinglutely brilliant in everything she does, and Patton Oswalt, who's one of my favorite comics), The Devil Inside (which looks awfully similar to The Rite, but I'm willing to forgive that 'cause it looks terrifying), and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (but I have to get the book read first.)

Also very much looking forward to the next Sherlock Holmes movie.
“Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear?
Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet
deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long
night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children
are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and
hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Everything and Anything, Fun Stuff, Social

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved