17 replies to this topic

#1 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

This is the most inactive forum I go on here. :( At first I figured, whatever, it's a new show. But I started following the White Collar forum in-between the 1st and 2nd season and it was much, much more active than this. Do people just not care about the forums or do people just not like the show? It makes me sad. Even the forums with games aren't that active.

#2 Reiterin

Reiterin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

It used to be more active. I don't know where all the people have gone either. Perhaps it's because it's a newer show AND because it's inbetween seasons.
We'll have to see when it starts up again, if the people come back. I hope so.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 wakopunk

wakopunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

old post..but hi.
Shawn: Torture to kill? Is that pretty cut and dry or is there a little bit of wiggle room?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Opinion8ted

Opinion8ted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

This is the most inactive forum I go on here. :( At first I figured, whatever, it's a new show. But I started following the White Collar forum in-between the 1st and 2nd season and it was much, much more active than this. Do people just not care about the forums or do people just not like the show? It makes me sad. Even the forums with games aren't that active.

I couldn't get people I knew interested in the show. I absolutely love this show and really relate to Mike, in a lot of ways. (Coincidentally my name as well.) Harvey reminds me of my best friend who has a similar job and position. And the relationship they have is similar to what might have been between myself and my best friend. Watching the show I feel like this is how my life might have unfolded in an "alternate" reality. I find it extremely compelling to watch.

#5 jessicafan

jessicafan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I think the fans have increased, I just think they are using Twitter or Facebook or the Character chatter so that they can get insant feedback. I like message boards because I dont' want to join Twitter or Facebook, but I do think interest in the show has increased.

#6 2shyTheShippy

2shyTheShippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Also, there are other forums as well. I go on TV Without Pity to discuss Suits. Although it is just one long thread, it has 89 pages. Not to say you should go there as well, but that there may be other forums that people are going to rather than USA's.

#7 HybridC

HybridC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Ahhh that could be true. I wonder if there's another Suits forum out there? Gotta search!

#8 Beholder

Beholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm here! :)

I spend much of my time over on the "White Collar" board though because it's my #1 favorite show and there's lot's of topics to reply to over there. I'm not so much of a "topic starter". I usually just like to jump in & give my 2 cents and then some, but I may have to change that. "Suits" is a great show & I wanna talk about it!!!! :) :)

Love Harvey! Now ...that's a dude I could hide behind. :)

B.

Can't wait for next Thursday!

#9 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Those of us who love Suits need to step up a little and get this forum going. It's so disorganized. Does anyone know the name of next week's episode? If you do, please start a discussion thread for that week's episode. At least then we can all discuss the episode in one thread.

Any other suggestions?

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#10 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,865 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Those of us who love Suits need to step up a little and get this forum going. It's so disorganized. Does anyone know the name of next week's episode? If you do, please start a discussion thread for that week's episode. At least then we can all discuss the episode in one thread.

Any other suggestions?

Doesn't Suits have a moderator to help you get started? Suits is my absolute second favorite series next to White Collar. Our forum is never quiet, even during this 4 1/2 month wait. And last time we waited almost 6 months and there was constant posting.

#11 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Doesn't Suits have a moderator to help you get started? Suits is my absolute second favorite series next to White Collar. Our forum is never quiet, even during this 4 1/2 month wait. And last time we waited almost 6 months and there was constant posting.

No, Suits doesn't have their own moderator. Suits is one of my favorites too so I started an episode discussion thread for the season premier and hoped someone would continue doing it. Since that hasn't happened, I went back and started one for each episode of S2, including one for next week. I hope that helps this forum take off. Suits is too good a show for us not to be discussing it each week.

#12 TinChicago

TinChicago

Agent Bly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,802 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi Ann, and other Suits fans. I have truly come around to being a huge Suits fan. Having Burn Notice as its lead in for me didn't hurt. Initially I was nonplussed, since I am an attorney and law shows bore me. But Suits is extremely clever, great writing, great drama, and a really awesome cast. (How much do you love Donna?)

Burn Notice was the first "fan forum" of any kind that I visited and now consider a necessity for me. With all due respect, we are somewhat spoiled over there because it is one of the older forums and is very well organized. That is not to say we can't get there with Suits. I will do my best to help out, but I am not great at starting threads or finding spoilers etc.

I will say that it seems to me anyway that Suits has a lot of fans, just maybe fans who are not forum people. Listen, before BN, I would never have considered myself a forum-type person. But I am in for supporting this show. The writing and music are phenomenal! Not to mention the NYC backdrop.

Haven't watched tonight's epi yet, but it is cued on my DVR! I will be back to post in the epi thread if I have anything to add.

Keep up the good work!

ETA: For what it's worth, the BN forum went through a lot of growing pains and it took at least 2 seasons for it to get to where it is now.

Edited by TinChicago, 13 July 2012 - 12:09 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
"Covert operatives and diplomats from all over the world mingling in Miami.
Michael has this weekend circled on his calendar every year."

#13 fist

fist

Say Major General!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

OMG Ann save us! You're like a super expert on the White Collar forum so you should be our leader. :)

#14 Richie22

Richie22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

O.K., being a computer idiot, I have no idea how to organize a forum, but I WILL say I'm a Suits fan, & do agree that perhaps other Suits fans are either not "forum people"-I can't check in but occasionally, & at odd times (note this one!). I DO want to ask a question, out of my ignorance-how does one discover the names & numbers of episodes?or am I just missing this in my middle age moments? I see this on ALL the forums, &, for example, I have NEVER seen the name of an episode of SVU, & I have been watching it for years! Please tell me where to discover this-when other "forum people" talk about shows by name and/or number, I have to try to guess from the posting's content! Thanks!

#15 dcmjlive

dcmjlive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

O.K., being a computer idiot, I have no idea how to organize a forum, but I WILL say I'm a Suits fan, & do agree that perhaps other Suits fans are either not "forum people"-I can't check in but occasionally, & at odd times (note this one!). I DO want to ask a question, out of my ignorance-how does one discover the names & numbers of episodes?or am I just missing this in my middle age moments? I see this on ALL the forums, &, for example, I have NEVER seen the name of an episode of SVU, & I have been watching it for years! Please tell me where to discover this-when other "forum people" talk about shows by name and/or number, I have to try to guess from the posting's content! Thanks!

Researcher's answer:
You can always google it. A lot of websites do have the episode names. TV.com is usually a good source. Then of course there are smaller sites and forums dedicated to the episode titles.

Best answer:
WIKIPEDIA! Every fan updates that site like no tomorrow. All my series, not just Suits, have a listing of every episode, even shows that aren't that popular. Sometimes, the showrunners are even the ones to update it. And of course, shows now have their own wikias so that's another option.

#16 Richie22

Richie22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Researcher's answer:
You can always google it. A lot of websites do have the episode names. TV.com is usually a good source. Then of course there are smaller sites and forums dedicated to the episode titles.

Best answer:
WIKIPEDIA! Every fan updates that site like no tomorrow. All my series, not just Suits, have a listing of every episode, even shows that aren't that popular. Sometimes, the showrunners are even the ones to update it. And of course, shows now have their own wikias so that's another option.

Thank you! So far, I've just been guessing from the posted descriptions!

#17 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,503 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

The USA website has episode guides for all of their shows.

Here's the link to the Suits Episode Guide: Suits Episode Guide

IMDB is another source. You can do a search for the show name plus IMDB and it will take you where you want to go. I did one for Suits and here's that link: Suits IMDB

#18 Richie22

Richie22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

The USA website has episode guides for all of their shows.

Here's the link to the Suits Episode Guide: Suits Episode Guide

IMDB is another source. You can do a search for the show name plus IMDB and it will take you where you want to go. I did one for Suits and here's that link: Suits IMDB

Thank you, Ann (not to be familiar-just know you from White Collar also!)-of course, now I feel really foolish, because of course "episode guide' WOULD list that information! I guess I just assumed it was explaining what occurred in episodes, but naturally, it would have to have number and title-again, forgive my ignorance!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved