• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rainpanda

rainpanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

My first post as a newbie seems to have never posted and I was never notifed by a moderator what I did wrong or why it was flushed.

My second attempt to post was abducted by aliens about 10 minutes ago.

I'll try once more and then I'll give up.

I don't understand what the producers are thinking by offing Vincent D and then bringing back LOCI for a "finale season with VD and KE and offing LOCI again. I never have been on a blog about LOCI before, but I have no clue why this series would meet its demise whatsoever, even once, let alone twice! These two actors have fascinating rapport, the series was well written (usually) and I want it back. The quirkiness of Goran, the adaptability of Eames to adjust to him and gain his respect and shine as her own character was engaging. Goldblum, as impressive a repertoire as he has, never was able to "replace" Vincent, nor was the partnership chemistry of Eames and Goran replaceable, in my opinion.

My first post which apparently moderated out, might have met its demise because I had a flurry of repetitive e-mails attack my inbox right after registering for this forum and I was asking how does one quit before I had actually started. If they were going to abuse my e-mail, that's what I intended to do, but it finally tapered off and hopefully that won't happen again.

One final request: Can someone reply to my post (presuming it's not moderated out again for reasons unknown) what I need to do to have a notification come to my e-mail when something new is posted on this LOCI board?

Thanks!
Natalie (aka "rainpanda")

#2 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

My first post as a newbie seems to have never posted and I was never notifed by a moderator what I did wrong or why it was flushed.

My second attempt to post was abducted by aliens about 10 minutes ago.

I'll try once more and then I'll give up.

I don't understand what the producers are thinking by offing Vincent D and then bringing back LOCI for a "finale season with VD and KE and offing LOCI again. I never have been on a blog about LOCI before, but I have no clue why this series would meet its demise whatsoever, even once, let alone twice! These two actors have fascinating rapport, the series was well written (usually) and I want it back. The quirkiness of Goran, the adaptability of Eames to adjust to him and gain his respect and shine as her own character was engaging. Goldblum, as impressive a repertoire as he has, never was able to "replace" Vincent, nor was the partnership chemistry of Eames and Goran replaceable, in my opinion.

My first post which apparently moderated out, might have met its demise because I had a flurry of repetitive e-mails attack my inbox right after registering for this forum and I was asking how does one quit before I had actually started. If they were going to abuse my e-mail, that's what I intended to do, but it finally tapered off and hopefully that won't happen again.

One final request: Can someone reply to my post (presuming it's not moderated out again for reasons unknown) what I need to do to have a notification come to my e-mail when something new is posted on this LOCI board?

Thanks!
Natalie (aka "rainpanda")

Dear LOCI fan, this place is pretty dead now, since the show is completely canceled. What I believe is
that there wasn't enough money and leeway for Vincent D'onofrio to keep getting raises to push the role in
his own gloriously eccentric direction, so they let him and Erbe go. They put in Goldblum to keep milking
the cash cow for as long as possible, but he was terribly misused and those episodes failed to make the
steady money in reruns as the Goren/Eames ones do. So the network scraped up the cash to finish out the last season with Goren and Eames, knowing that goose would lay golden eggs for some time without them
paying for a single new episode in the future. My opinion is they have a statistical formula for the ratio of rerun returns compared to paying for new episodes, and the show must have crossed the line.

I don't know how to help you with the email thing.

I've been on this forum for several years and have often had problems with posting, as have others, so I wouldn't let it discourage you too much. There is a wonderful website for Vincent D'onofrio called Reelblog. They also post stuff about Erbe. Good luck to you and your love of the show, you are not alone.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved