2872 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Our second annual NYC White Collar trip is tentatively scheduled for late spring. This gathering will be comprised of forum members interested in meeting together in New York City to further friendship, tour locales associated with past episodes, promote camaraderie, and visit city attractions. We will also attempt to visit a live location filming and secure a studio tour for a maximum of 25 members.

This forum gathering will be associated with a charity fundraiser. Some of you may not know that during our first trip we raised a large donation for the American Red Cross (Joplin Tornado Relief), which was donated in "Jeff Eastin & White Collar Production's" name. It was our group's way of thanking all the fine people associated with the show, while helping a worthwhile organization assist people in need. This year we will publicly combine our trip with a fundraiser from the start. My hope is to contact Jeff Eastin or one of his representatives to ask a preference for the charity to be designated. A minimum of $25 is the donation requested from each participant planning to attend. I know these are difficult times to be asking for money but I hope you will look upon it as the cost of one missed meal during the trip. Last June, many of our members donated the cost of several NYC meals. All donations are to be made out directly to the charity designated and NOT to any person on behalf of the charity. This ensures strict accountability and avoids any legal issues. I am willing to collect and ensure delivery of the donation to the charity we name. More details about the charity will follow once we get closer to the departure date.

Although our past trip included a live location filming and studio tour, I need to emphasize we may NOT be offered this repeat opportunity. That will depend upon the favor of Jeff Eastin, availability, timing and many other factors. Please know from the start that the group who attended in June 2011 were allowed a one-time privilege of visiting with cast and crew, which may NOT be offered again. We went to NYC with the intention of furthering friendship and visiting WC locations that had been showcased on past episodes.

A specific date for the gathering will be decided upon in early 2012. We want to make sure the date does not conflict with any scheduled hiatus week. Last June, we narrowly missed a cast/crew vacation by one week. Until we can confirm an itinerary for the trip, no date will be set. Unfortunately, that hurts people who want to look for flight discounts or book early lodging. A fixed schedule will be posted as soon as feasible.

To everyone planning to come: Welcome! Have fun discussing the adventure; post your ideas, preferences, and suggestions. We had an exciting and memorable trip last June and forged wonderful memories and friendships. Please remember you can read the old thread "First Annual NYC Gathering (Forging Bonds 2011) for more details. In January, I will ask members to start providing me with your names if you are interested in attending. I'll make up a list of attendees which will be finalized once we have a set date. Five days of activities will be organized, but plan on attending at least three full days to get the maximum benefit. Many of us had a hard time leaving last June, we enjoyed it so much.

Thanks.

Edited by Pamela11, 28 January 2012 - 07:56 PM.

PBASBanner62.jpg

#2 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Our second annual NYC White Collar trip is tentatively scheduled for late spring. This gathering will be comprised of forum members interested in meeting together in New York City to further friendship, tour locales associated with past episodes, promote camaraderie, and visit city attractions. We will also attempt to visit a live location filming and secure a studio tour for a maximum of 25 members.

This forum gathering will be associated with a charity fundraiser. Some of you may not know that during our first trip we raised a large donation for the American Red Cross (Joplin Tornado Relief), which was donated in "Jeff Eastin & White Collar Production's" name. It was our group's way of thanking all the fine people associated with the show, while helping a worthwhile organization assist people in need. This year we will publicly combine our trip with a fundraiser from the start. My hope is to contact Jeff Eastin or one of his representatives to ask a preference for the charity to be designated. A minimum of $25 is the donation requested from each participant planning to attend. I know these are difficult times to be asking for money but I hope you will look upon it as the cost of one missed meal during the trip. Last June, many of our members donated the cost of several NYC meals. All donations are to be made out directly to the charity designated and NOT to any person on behalf of the charity. This ensures strict accountability and avoids any legal issues. I am willing to collect and ensure delivery of the donation to the charity we name. More details about the charity will follow once we get closer to the departure date.

Although our past trip included a live location filming and studio tour, I need to emphasize we may NOT be offered this repeat opportunity. That will depend upon the favor of Jeff Eastin, availability, timing and many other factors. Please know from the start that the group who attended in June 2011 were allowed a one-time privilege of visiting with cast and crew, which may NOT be offered again. We went to NYC with the intention of furthering friendship and visiting WC locations that had been showcased on past episodes.

A specific date for the gathering will be decided upon in early 2012. We want to make sure the date does not conflict with any scheduled hiatus week. Last June, we narrowly missed a cast/crew vacation by one week. Until we can confirm an itinerary for the trip, no date will be set. Unfortunately, that hurts people who want to look for flight discounts or book early lodging. A fixed schedule will be posted as soon as feasible.

To everyone planning to come: Welcome! Have fun discussing the adventure; post your ideas, preferences, and suggestions. We had an exciting and memorable trip last June and forged wonderful memories and friendships. Please remember you can read the old thread "First Annual NYC Gathering (Forging Bonds 2011) for more details. In January, I will ask members to start providing me with your names if you are interested in attending. I'll make up a list of attendees which will be finalized once we have a set date. Five days of activities will be organized, but plan on attending at least three full days to get the maximum benefit. Many of us had a hard time leaving last June, we enjoyed it so much.

Thanks.

I missed the 2011 gathering and cannot to participate in the 2012 one!!!

boys+are+back+in+town+copy.jpg

#3 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

I would love to come but I'm also planning my vacation around this and plan to drag a friend along so I may only be allowed two days to indulge my WC obsession. :rolleyes: We'll see what happens.

As for the tour and meeting the cast I'm good either way.

If we can't meet them I'm hoping someone in the know can pinpoint where they're taping one day so I can try to get some pictures.

I just want to go back to NY.

#4 suebsg9

suebsg9

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

I would love to come but I'm also planning my vacation around this and plan to drag a friend along so I may only be allowed two days to indulge my WC obsession. :rolleyes: We'll see what happens.

As for the tour and meeting the cast I'm good either way.

If we can't meet them I'm hoping someone in the know can pinpoint where they're taping one day so I can try to get some pictures.

I just want to go back to NY.

There is a site that tells where they are on location on certain days and when they are in studio. And count me in on the 2012 trip. Going to start saving money come January. After the Christmas holidays. I have been trying to get idea of my airfare. And hopeing to stay a wee bit longer this time. Hopefully see more of NY then I did that first time.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

#5 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,136 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

I missed the 2011 gathering and cannot to participate in the 2012 one!!!

I'm sure you meant to say that you cannot wait to participate in the 2012 trip.

I'm pretty sure you have a social obligation (a wedding perhaps) in the city that same week. :rolleyes:

I know I'll be there. Nothing could keep me away!

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#6 Nancee

Nancee

Red Poohbah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

God willing, and the creeks don't rise....

I'LL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#7 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Count me in.. And any help I can be just hollar!!
Posted Image
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

#8 Deej1957

Deej1957

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

MEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME,

Yeah!

Love shared by two people is precious and to be celebrated...no matter if it be two men, two women, or one of each. God said: love one another as I love you. He did NOT say: hate those who love differently than you.
~*~*~*~*~

www.michaelshanks-online.com Michael Shanks Online--the Official site for all things Shanks.

#9 Groovy82

Groovy82

You are so.....loved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

count me in for next year's NYC trip, can't wait :D

#10 Terri88

Terri88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'm in too, Pam! Look forward to just seeing the wonderful friends I made this year during our trip. (And, if the timing works out, I might coordinate next year's trip with a half marathon in the NY area.)

Edited by Terri88, 05 September 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#11 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,136 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

I mentioned to Pamela (and a few others) that it would be so much better for us to plan on going in April or early May than in June when it's so hot. The past three years we've had 100 degree temperatures in June. I guess that's OK if you've been living on the Equator but for the rest of us.........not so much.

#12 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

I mentioned to Pamela (and a few others) that it would be so much better for us to plan on going in April or early May than in June when it's so hot. The past three years we've had 100 degree temperatures in June. I guess that's OK if you've been living on the Equator but for the rest of us.........not so much.

Everyone sounds very excited. Me too!!!

Ann brought up the timing. Preferences and ideas? Of course, it will be based upon filming availability but if you had your druthers ... late April, mid-May or early June? Just putting it out there for discussion.

PBASBanner62.jpg

#13 clichejuice18

clichejuice18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

Thank you so much for organising this!! I can't wait to meet up and help raise some money for a good cause. :D

Edited by clichejuice18, 05 September 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#14 clichejuice18

clichejuice18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

Ann brought up the timing. Preferences and ideas? Of course, it will be based upon filming availability but if you had your druthers ... late April, mid-May or early June? Just putting it out there for discussion.

Thanks for organising this for us. Mid to late April sounds good to me. :D

#15 Terri88

Terri88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Ironic because didn't we pick early June this year thinking it wouldn't be too hot?? :lol:

#16 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Mid May would be perfect for me. It's far enough away from April break and June testing to make it a little easier for me to put in for time off.

boys+are+back+in+town+copy.jpg

#17 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

Mid May would be perfect for me. It's far enough away from April break and June testing to make it a little easier for me to put in for time off.

Late April and Anytime in May sounds good. Not sure can deal with the heat in June again. I wonder if they get the WC cast members to Comic Con in 2012 if they will have a late vacation then. I know last time they did Comic Con they had that week off for vacation.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

#18 Sedona

Sedona

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Late April and Anytime in May sounds good. Not sure can deal with the heat in June again. I wonder if they get the WC cast members to Comic Con in 2012 if they will have a late vacation then. I know last time they did Comic Con they had that week off for vacation.

I really like the charity idea and yes, I definitely want to attend. I am hoping for April or May this time though. Would love to miss the New York humidity. Posted Image It would be great to see everyone again.
Posted Image

#19 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,136 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for organising this for us. Mid to late April sounds good to me. :D

Ironic because didn't we pick early June this year thinking it wouldn't be too hot?? :lol:

I really like the charity idea and yes, I definitely want to attend. I am hoping for April or May this time though. Would love to miss the New York humidity. ;) It would be great to see everyone again.

I'm loving the support for an earlier date. I'm not a big fan of heat and humidity.

In case anyone missed my posts in last year's thread, I warned everyone that June was way too hot. ;)

Edited by LI_Ann, 05 September 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#20 Collarista

Collarista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

I am holding my breath about the date of the New York trip. Have never planned a vacation way ahead of time, but have the possiblity of a trip out of the country the last week of May into the first week of June next year. This would be a one time chance to go, but I also feel the same way about the New York trip. It would be wonderful to be able to do both. I have wanted to see the cast fillm, but I think I really want to meet the girls on the forum more. Needless to say, anything earlier would be great!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved