2872 replies to this topic

#2001 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Most of you guys met each other last year, I take it, but I'm a newbie who's not very good with names. Anybody want to give me a head start with a photo of your lovely faces with your first names?

That is me (Amanda) in my avatar - which you probably surmised, since it's obviously not anyone on White Collar!

I'm guessing some won't want to post their faces/names out on the WWW, so you're more than welcome to email me if you prefer: pandandrum[at]gmail[dot]com

Also, I'd love to get Twitter usernames for those of you who are on there, so I can make a Twitter "list" of all of us who'll be in NYC, so we can see each others updates.

I just emailed everyone who's going to NYC a group shot from last year. I figured Amanda's not the only one who would want to see some names & faces.

For all the new people, maybe you can email all of us a photo as well.

And Vonnie, I can't wait to see you!

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#2002 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Since I'm going to be our photographer, I've been trying to figure out if I can do something similar. I'm bringing my netbook, which doesn't have a CD burner. Tell you what, anyone who wants to get copies of my photos while in NYC (so you don't have to download them when you get home), bring a 16GB or larger flash drive or portable hard drive. I will copy photos on and give them back. Please label them with your name (write on a piece of tape or use a permanent marker).

thanks PJ. Just bought a 16GB flash drive and I'm much more comfortable with you downloading off your computer. My computer is so old I'm afraid I won't be able to download from any sites we use.

#2003 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,581 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Since I'm going to be our photographer, I've been trying to figure out if I can do something similar. I'm bringing my netbook, which doesn't have a CD burner. Tell you what, anyone who wants to get copies of my photos while in NYC (so you don't have to download them when you get home), bring a 16GB or larger flash drive or portable hard drive. I will copy photos on and give them back. Please label them with your name (write on a piece of tape or use a permanent marker).

PJ You are the Queen of Awesome! :)

Thank you

thanks PJ. Just bought a 16GB flash drive and I'm much more comfortable with you downloading off your computer. My computer is so old I'm afraid I won't be able to download from any sites we use.

I have to make a shopping list :unsure:

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#2004 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,010 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

PJ You are the Queen of Awesome! :)

Thank you

I have to make a shopping list :unsure:

I just got a spare battery for my camera. I'll be bringing one of my laptops so I can back up my pictures at night (I gotta get a new battery for it). I tried out this new flexible tripod that I bought and I'm so bummed out because it wasn't strong enough to support my camera (it had flexible legs, so it can be wrapped around anything).
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2005 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

If anyone wants to test the download, here are three pics of my home town

http://www.filefacto...sample-pics.rar

The thing is, apart from our official photo shoot :P :lol: I would really love to see everyone's pics from the studio tour and set visit because someone might take an awesome pic of someone or something the others have missed... plus, there's always the threat of an epic camera fail at one point or another :P But I just don't think it'll be possible to share everyone's pics with everyone during our NYC trip... not enough time to circle all the flash drives.

So it's either the good old flashdrive in the mail :D or online storage :D

Edited by kanarek13, 03 May 2012 - 06:29 AM.

kisses.png

#2006 Pandandrum

Pandandrum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

I loved seeing all of your smiling faces in the picture PJ sent! Made me even more excited about the trip!

As to photo sharing, I think the online download will suffice for me. That'll be one less flash drive going around to give priority to those who won't be able to go the download route. Also, it's so cumbersome for me to travel with my laptop, so my usual practice on trips is to load up my camera's memory card, and then I don't check out all the pics until I get home. I miss posting them as I go on Facebook for friends and family, but I try to snap a few on my phone that I can upload right away. (My Mom likes to see a picture now and then so she knows I'm alive and well and having fun.)
"It seems hope is right around the corner, but I've got some disorder that pushes straight instead. The worse the sin is, the more the consequences, the more I'm on a mission to tally-ho ahead." - Levi Weaver

#2007 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

If anyone wants to test the download, here are three pics of my home town

http://www.filefacto...sample-pics.rar

The thing is, apart from our official photo shoot :P :lol: I would really love to see everyone's pics from the studio tour and set visit because someone might take an awesome pic of someone or something the others have missed... plus, there's always the threat of an epic camera fail at one point or another :P But I just don't think it'll be possible to share everyone's pics with everyone during our NYC trip... not enough time to circle all the flash drives.

So it's either the good old flashdrive in the mail :D or online storage :D

I will definitely try to download my pictures online but I have an old computer that crashes if I look at it funny so it's for my piece of mind to have pictures on a flash drive in case I can't get mine online.

But your idea is great for sharing.

#2008 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

I will definitely try to download my pictures online but I have an old computer that crashes if I look at it funny so it's for my piece of mind to have pictures on a flash drive in case I can't get mine online.

But your idea is great for sharing.

LOL... I just had 5 minutes of intense brain activity, trying to remember in what movie there was a character who was causing computers to crash just by being near them :lol: :lol: :lol: It was Sam Neill's character in Jurassic Park :lol:

PS> I was supposed to remind you to pack that WC keychain thingy :D :wub:

kisses.png

#2009 clichejuice18

clichejuice18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Awesome, THANKS, PJ. I won't be bringing my portable drive with me, just flash drives for sharing files :D

And the option to upload our pics to our super secret online folder is still a go, everything is already set up, I will send the details through our mailing list. So don't worry if there's not enough time to collect pics from everyone in NYC, the premium account is valid till the end of July, so there'll be plenty of time to share everything :D

HOMG, only a few days left \o/

Thganks so much for this. I will bring a flash drive juse in case but it is great to have an online sharing system. :D Thanks so much!!

#2010 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thganks so much for this. I will bring a flash drive juse in case but it is great to have an online sharing system. :D Thanks so much!!

No prob. And you'll still need the flashdrive to collect our official pics from PJ :D Which reminds me, I need to sign mine :D

kisses.png

#2011 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,010 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

I will upload my pictures to one of my websites and email the link to everyone.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#2012 pjna3

pjna3

Makes Me Smile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thanks, Kanarek, for providing us an online site to share our pictures. It is a lot easier to download a few Zip files rather than downloading hundreds (or thousands) of photos one at a time.

And thanks, everyone, glad you like the flash drive idea. I figure all of my pics *should* fit within 16 GB. At least last year they did.

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling with my auction item. Grrr.... It's making me nuts. I have a design I really like but am having big problems translating that into fabric. I love to make bags but this one... *shakes head*

pff.png

Artwork by Kanarek - Thank you!!

#2013 ansel

ansel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I will upload my pictures to one of my websites and email the link to everyone.

And I will put all mine on Picasa with a link for everyone.

final+glimpse+copy-001.jpg

#2014 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Thanks, Kanarek, for providing us an online site to share our pictures. It is a lot easier to download a few Zip files rather than downloading hundreds (or thousands) of photos one at a time.

And thanks, everyone, glad you like the flash drive idea. I figure all of my pics *should* fit within 16 GB. At least last year they did.

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling with my auction item. Grrr.... It's making me nuts. I have a design I really like but am having big problems translating that into fabric. I love to make bags but this one... *shakes head*

I bought two 16GB flash drives cuz I need one for the auction... and I'm gonna take my 8GB one as well, so I hope it'll be enough :D Gah, I saw the cutest flash drives evah - Angry Birds edition :lol: But they were all only 4GB so I didn't get one... but I'll probably cave and buy one later on :lol:

kisses.png

#2015 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

PS> I was supposed to remind you to pack that WC keychain thingy :D :wub:

It's in my camera bag right now along with my extra memory card, my extra battery and my flash drive....just have to remember to put my camera in there. :D

#2016 morganslady

morganslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I have a Photobucket account. I'll place whatever pics I take there..
Posted Image
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

#2017 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

I guess there will be people at the Murray Hills with a big flash drive ? I don't have more than 4 Go flash drive, but as I'll probably come with my netbook, I could just copy the files directly to it, if anyone agrees ?

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

#2018 Pokeyshadow

Pokeyshadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

I guess there will be people at the Murray Hills with a big flash drive ? I don't have more than 4 Go flash drive, but as I'll probably come with my netbook, I could just copy the files directly to it, if anyone agrees ?

I know several of us will have one who are staying at Murray Hills.

#2019 kanarek13

kanarek13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Heee... oh, the joys of going through closets and drawers and other weird, forgotten places at home... all in the name of packing...

Ara, I just found my old flashdrive, seriously, I haven't seen it in, like, a year, I thought I lost it... I'm not using flashdrives that often :D It's a 16GB one, I will copy my WC folder to that drive and you're welcome to use it for sharing pics :D

kisses.png

#2020 Aragarna

Aragarna

Team DeKay

• Members
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Heee... oh, the joys of going through closets and drawers and other weird, forgotten places at home... all in the name of packing...

Ara, I just found my old flashdrive, seriously, I haven't seen it in, like, a year, I thought I lost it... I'm not using flashdrives that often :D It's a 16GB one, I will copy my WC folder to that drive and you're welcome to use it for sharing pics :D

Oh Kanarek that's so very nice of you ! thank you ! :-)

ZhL3auH.png

Check out TDK TV !

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved