• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 tennisnike

tennisnike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Seriously people - each episode just gets better and better! OMG tonight was FANTASTIC! Right when I thought I was done gasping at Nico and Gabby and the bombshell's they dropped and Gabby trying to rape Nico (totally kidding, but she was all over him!!), we had Matt being the sweetest, most adorable man ever towards Dani and her mom!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in love with Matt now!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Now I see that it IS possible to be in love with two men!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) :P

I did not like what was revealed about Nico. But have to say I really enjoyed the Dani and Matt interaction and kiss in this episode. TK arc was really good too with him learning how to love.

I'm still processing everything, I have to go back and watch it again.

#42 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

I did not like what was revealed about Nico. But have to say I really enjoyed the Dani and Matt interaction and kiss in this episode. TK arc was really good too with him learning how to love.

I'm still processing everything, I have to go back and watch it again.

I was pretty taken aback myself but I feel I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't write Nico off just yet. It is a lot to process and I'll also watch it again sometime over the weekend. Despite Nico's past, and I hope a lot of what went on between him and Gabby is in the past, I want to believe that he has changed and that some of his change is due to Dani because he made it loud and clear that he didn't want any parts of Gabby, her divorce, and the war she's about to embark on with her husband with the divorce.

#43 AlleluiaElizabeth

AlleluiaElizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

The TK arc was good, I just wish he and Vivica hadn't actually had sex in the end. That kinda seemed like it defeated the purpose to me. I mean, yeah he learned the grocery store difference, but would it have killed them to have had Vivica actually stick to her previous opinion and held off a while? It just struck me as "Well, that lesson is out of the way! Let's get back to normal life now! :D"

I do LOVE Vivica, though. Dearly hope she remains a regular.

The revelations about Nico's past behavior definitely tainted my impressions of him. I just feel disappointed in him. I can get over it, but it will take a bit of time. Nico can be human and have something he struggles with. The important thing is that this IS seen as a flaw and he doesn't keep enabling the cheating at present. Even still, I feel the need for Nico to explain those past actions. I think he would feel guilt over them, but I also thought a man who claims to prize his honesty as highly as he does and is as self-possessed as he is wouldn't have cheated with a married woman in the first place, so. This has me wondering if I have a bead on him at all. (Which might be the point, but it didn't make it easier to watch.)

lol Dark secrets are dark, I guess?

And, on another note, we were right: First wedding anniversary. :) At least this means we didn't miss 7 months worth of timeline. XD

Edited by AlleluiaElizabeth, 07 September 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#44 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

The TK arc was good, I just wish he and Vivica hadn't actually had sex in the end. That kinda seemed like it defeated the purpose to me. I mean, yeah he learned the grocery store difference, but would it have killed them to have had Vivica actually stick to her previous opinion and held off a while? It just struck me as "Well, that lesson is out of the way! Let's get back to normal life now! :D"

I do LOVE Vivica, though. Dearly hope she remains a regular.

The revelations about Nico's past behavior definitely tainted my impressions of him. I just feel disappointed in him. I can get over it, but it will take a bit of time. Nico can be human and have something he struggles with. The important thing is that this IS seen as a flaw and he doesn't keep enabling the cheating at present. Even still, I feel the need for Nico to explain those past actions. I think he would feel guilt over them, but I also thought a man who claims to prize his honesty as highly as he does and is as self-possessed as he is wouldn't have cheated with a married woman in the first place, so. This has me wondering if I have a bead on him at all. (Which might be the point, but it didn't make it easier to watch.)

lol Dark secrets are dark, I guess?

And, on another note, we were right: First wedding anniversary. :) At least this means we didn't miss 7 months worth of timeline. XD

I have one word for why he did what you stated above: Love. He loved Gabby. I think Nico may have dated Gabby before Pittmann came into the picture with his millions of dollars and power. He probably begged Gabby not to marry him and she did it anyway. Nico kept carrying a torch for her, and when she married Pittman she quickly realized she made a huge mistake but was going to stick it out. Nico was there for her to cry on his shoulder (among other things), more than likely rationalizing that she was in a loveless marraige anyway so what they were doing wasn't wrong. Is it right? Heck no! But there are people out there who think and rationalize their wrong actions this way.

#45 Maddarilke

Maddarilke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

I felt as if I could burst with opinions about this ep--about TK jumping in too fast with Vivica (and growing up too fast for the show's own good)...Dani jumping BACK in too fast with Matt (really, what was the whole point of throwing in a "distractive blonde" then?) and then the TWO NICO BOMBSHELLS...I think that's giving away FAR too much about our favorite mysterious shady character, this early in the show, especially one with such a seemingly unimpeachable sense of loyalty.

Despite the stellar acting (as usual) on the part of the major players...I am sorry, but these new developments disappoint me. It's three or four HUGE leaps for the characters that are rather too big for a season 1.

(And yeah, it puts a big stick in the spokes of my DANI/NICO machine...:( )

#46 AlleluiaElizabeth

AlleluiaElizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

So... where does his own marriage that ended b/c "some birds fly better solo" even fit in to all this? If he had an affair with a married woman for love, I can't see him as the guy who flies better solo. This mean the "bird" equaled his ex-wife, then? Or was Nico indeed talking about himself and this is just gonna be an odd bit of characterization?

Edited by AlleluiaElizabeth, 07 September 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#47 mtra11

mtra11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

So... where does his own marriage that ended b/c "some birds fly better solo" even fit in to all this? If he had an affair with a married woman for love, I can't see him as the guy who flies better solo. This mean the "bird" equaled his ex-wife, then? Or was Nico indeed talking about himself and this is just gonna be an odd bit of characterization?

I am just happpy that Matt finally got to Dani's home..met the mom....and came
back at the end...sigh....so glad that Matt and Dani may get together now...
as he said...you know what I want..let me know when you are ready....
It was a surprise about Nico.
Will be eager to see the finale.
I am going to watch the repeat now...at midnite. :)
Posted Image

#48 AlleluiaElizabeth

AlleluiaElizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

I am just happpy that Matt finally got to Dani's home..met the mom....and came
back at the end...sigh....so glad that Matt and Dani may get together now...
as he said...you know what I want..let me know when you are ready....
It was a surprise about Nico.
Will be eager to see the finale.
I am going to watch the repeat now...at midnite. :)

I am glad for you. lol Matt/Dani fans have some serious hope now, that's for sure. :) Not that you didn't before, but the developments of this ep can only help.

Edited by AlleluiaElizabeth, 08 September 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#49 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

Maybe when Gabby decided to marry Pittman Nico decided to move on too and found someone and married her. His love for Gabby/affair is probably what broke up his marriage and Nico was probably referencing himself when he talked about his marriage ending. I'm taking a wild guess here but something tells me if he and Gabby were having an affair it was also during the time that Nico was married as well. :(

#50 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

I felt as if I could burst with opinions about this ep--about TK jumping in too fast with Vivica (and growing up too fast for the show's own good)...Dani jumping BACK in too fast with Matt (really, what was the whole point of throwing in a "distractive blonde" then?) and then the TWO NICO BOMBSHELLS...I think that's giving away FAR too much about our favorite mysterious shady character, this early in the show, especially one with such a seemingly unimpeachable sense of loyalty.

Despite the stellar acting (as usual) on the part of the major players...I am sorry, but these new developments disappoint me. It's three or four HUGE leaps for the characters that are rather too big for a season 1.

(And yeah, it puts a big stick in the spokes of my DANI/NICO machine...:( )

Trust and believe that TK is not "fixed", nor has he completely grown up, lol! I totally agree that he moved way too fast with Vivica and I think in the end she's going to end up hurting him BAD. The season finale also shows that TK is going to have issues with T.O. which will cause him to choke during the playoffs and once again Dani will have to "talk him off the ledge" so to speak. TK still has a long way to go in my eyes. Dani and Matt - whether or not that works remains to be seen. She's very attracted to him and the feeling is mutual. Maybe them trying to date is what will make her realize that this is all too soon for her.

Nico, Nico, Nico. I don't think we've even scratched the surface of his mysterious past. I still have a lot of questions about him and his past and I'm not ready to brand him with the scarlett letter because he had an affair either. He's human and he has flaws. We just don't know to what extent those flaws go. What I care about is did he learn from his mistakes? Does he have any regrets? I'd like to think he does. I also have a feeling that when Nico falls for someone he falls HARD, and he fell hard for Gabby and carried a torch for her for a long time. Somewhere down the road he woke up and realized that Gabby's feelings weren't as deep for him as his were for her and he broke things off with her. Twice. He still cares for Gabby but not on the level that he used to. In walks Dani, a person who has unknowingly given this lonely, mysterious man hope again in the possiblity of love.....

Edited by dimplzs, 08 September 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#51 tennisnike

tennisnike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

Maybe when Gabby decided to marry Pittman Nico decided to move on too and found someone and married her. His love for Gabby/affair is probably what broke up his marriage and Nico was probably referencing himself when he talked about his marriage ending. I'm taking a wild guess here but something tells me if he and Gabby were having an affair it was also during the time that Nico was married as well. :(

I so hope he wasn't married when he and Gabby had their affair. So when Dani said her marriage ended because her husband was a jackass and he said his did too. Are you saying he was referring to himself as the jackass that contributed to the end of his marriage? I think so.

It seemed to me with his final confrontation with Gabby that he is trying to distance himself from her now, but yet she keeps coming back for more.

Wondering how this Nico arc will end next week in the finale.

Ugghhhh I'm trying to get over that he can change or has changed and learned from his mistakes, but really having a hard time with it. I still ship Dani and Nico, just not ready for it to happen yet, to early.

Edited by tennisnike, 08 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#52 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

I so hope he wasn't married when he and Gabby had their affair. So when Dani said her marriage ended because her husband was a jackass and he said his did too. Are you saying he was referring to himself as the jackass that contributed to the end of his marriage? I think so.

It seemed to me with his final confrontation with Gabby that he is trying to distance himself from her now, but yet she keeps coming back for more.

Wondering how this Nico arc will end next week in the finale.

Ugghhhh I'm trying to get over that he can change or has changed and learned from his mistakes, but really having a hard time with it. I still ship Dani and Nico, just not ready for it to happen yet, to early.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I think Nico was saying that his marriage ended because of HIM. He did it, and it was his affair and love for Gabby. I also get the feeling that Nico and Gabby hadn't seen each other in a while so when she showed up at the Hawks facility it was a surprise to Nico. I think he's not only trying to distance himself from what she's about to do but from her once and for all. Like you said, she seems to waltz back into his life whenever she wants but now Nico is trying to put a permanent end to it.

I agree, something with Dani and Nico would be too soon. Dani still has to figure out what she wants and Nico has to work through his issues with Gabby and Marshall Pitman and whatever other secrets he has.

#53 1reen

1reen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

Did not see this coming! Nico and Mrs. Pittman, note the MRS. We know he has a dark side but cheating? So much for 'He never lies'.

I have noticed several times Matt's disaproval of Nico's talents... never quite got that since he was a SEAL best of the best and all. Could it be that Matt knows about Nico and Mrs. Pittmen?

And how is this going to change Dani and Nico's relastionship. She is going to be seeing Mrs. Pittman as a client and it has to come out. How does she deal with this since she can't talk to anyone about it. Hummm.....
And it looks like Matt is done waiting. He wants Dani and their working relationship is not going to stop him. I am also waiting Ray to try something. The nice Ray at the reunion was not the real Ray. The real Ray is selfish and I think he is not going to let her go if he sees she is moving on.
They have really turned up the heat. I am so looking forward to next week.... next season.

#54 Lana001

Lana001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I think Nico was saying that his marriage ended because of HIM. He did it, and it was his affair and love for Gabby. I also get the feeling that Nico and Gabby hadn't seen each other in a while so when she showed up at the Hawks facility it was a surprise to Nico. I think he's not only trying to distance himself from what she's about to do but from her once and for all. Like you said, she seems to waltz back into his life whenever she wants but now Nico is trying to put a permanent end to it.

I agree, something with Dani and Nico would be too soon. Dani still has to figure out what she wants and Nico has to work through his issues with Gabby and Marshall Pitman and whatever other secrets he has.

I hope we get to learn more about Nico/Gabby relationship in the next episode; there must be a lot more to that story... I still believe in Nico's character :) and am hoping to learn that his marriage didn't end because of an affair with Gabby. What if he was was (just) briefly married to Gabby 20+ years ago, but because of his work (as the Seal) which kept him away for long periods of time she divorced him and married Mr. Pittman or had relationship (that gave her Juliette) with someone else? Reference to the "jackass" might be just his way of saying that he regrets choosing his job over Gabby and not having family.

Nico's statements about how he doesn't like being lied to are interesting because he repeated them multiple times. I wonder if back in his past someone's ( family member's, lover's) lies had hurt him deeply and resulted in him making few mistakes of his own ?

Hope that once Nico and Dani get to the point where he can open up to her about his past (secrets and regrets) that she will be able to help him move on. By that time the two of them will realize that they are in love! (well, that's what i'm hoping for : ) )

After reading some other comments i guess i have to agree that the idea of Juliette being Nico's daughter might not be good. Yes, Juliette must feel very close to Nico but learning that her father isn't her real father would not be an easy thing to deal with. It wouldn't be easy on Nico either.

I wonder if the 2nd season hasn't been announced yet because producers are contemplating bringing Necessary Roughness sooner than next summer.

Edited by Lana001, 08 September 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#55 mtra11

mtra11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

I hope we get to learn more about Nico/Gabby relationship in the next episode; there must be a lot more to that story... I still believe in Nico's character :) and am hoping to learn that his marriage didn't end because of an affair with Gabby. What if he was was (just) briefly married to Gabby 20+ years ago, but because of his work (as the Seal) which kept him away for long periods of time she divorced him and married Mr. Pittman or had relationship (that gave her Juliette) with someone else? Reference to the "jackass" might be just his way of saying that he regrets choosing his job over Gabby and not having family.

Nico's statements about how he doesn't like being lied to are interesting because he repeated them multiple times. I wonder if back in his past someone's ( family member's, lover's) lies had hurt him deeply and resulted in him making few mistakes of his own ?

Hope that once Nico and Dani get to the point where he can open up to her about his past (secrets and regrets) that she will be able to help him move on. By that time the two of them will realize that they are in love! (well, that's what i'm hoping for : ) )

After reading some other comments i guess i have to agree that the idea of Juliette being Nico's daughter might not be good. Yes, Juliette must feel very close to Nico but learning that her father isn't her real father would not be an easy thing to deal with. It wouldn't be easy on Nico either.

I wonder if the 2nd season hasn't been announced yet because producers are contemplating bringing Necessary Roughness sooner than next summer.

I just hope it is renewed soon.....and we don't have to wait til next summer !!!!!!!! Also I hope we get Suits sooner too. White Collar and Covert Affairs
will be back sooner ..in the fall and winter.
Posted Image

#56 julie1101

julie1101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Okay I don't think Juliette is Nico's kid. Whoever came up with that confused me greatly. I get that they did it 2X but the age difference doesn't fit. They bonded for whatever reason probably lonely/lust...

Also Mrs. Pittman says Nico fixes Juliette's problems is because Juliette Reminds him of the Mrs. and he can't fix that.
Also Matt not respecting the Code was inappropriate. I think the code will be reiterated if there is a season 2. Loved TK, and Dani's Mom in this episode.

#57 AlleluiaElizabeth

AlleluiaElizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

I know what Gabrielle said, but I'd like to think Nico fixes Juliette's problems and cares about Juliette for, well, Juliette's sake. Gabrielle seemed to be saying that Juliette was almost just a replacement b/c Nico couldn't "fix" Gabrielle's life (whatever that fixing would entail). I think she's wrong about that. Nico seemed to give a damn about Juliette for her own sake, to me.

If his care for Juliette really was motivated primarily b/c she reminded him of Gabrielle, I'd be even more annoyed with Nico than I am, I have to say. Girl has enough issues without the one person who seems to really give a damn about her only really giving that damn b/c he wants her mom.

But, I DO have more faith in Nico than that and I think Gabby's assertion was wrong on the face of it. He seemed to be trying to distance himself from her in their final scene and Gabby didn't seem pleased. That whole assertion about Juliette struck me as a type of ploy on Gabrielle's part to convince Nico that everything he does is ultimately about her, thus binding him closer to her. It was manipulative. I do not like what we've seen of this woman.

#58 tennisnike

tennisnike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

I know what Gabrielle said, but I'd like to think Nico fixes Juliette's problems and cares about Juliette for, well, Juliette's sake. Gabrielle seemed to be saying that Juliette was almost just a replacement b/c Nico couldn't "fix" Gabrielle's life (whatever that fixing would entail). I think she's wrong about that. Nico seemed to give a damn about Juliette for her own sake, to me.

If his care for Juliette really was motivated primarily b/c she reminded him of Gabrielle, I'd be even more annoyed with Nico than I am, I have to say. Girl has enough issues without the one person who seems to really give a damn about her only really giving that damn b/c he wants her mom.

But, I DO have more faith in Nico than that and I think Gabby's assertion was wrong on the face of it. He seemed to be trying to distance himself from her in their final scene and Gabby didn't seem pleased. That whole assertion about Juliette struck me as a type of ploy on Gabrielle's part to convince Nico that everything he does is ultimately about her, thus binding him closer to her. It was manipulative. I do not like what we've seen of this woman.

So true she manipulates him because she knows he cares and won't say no. I'm glad he stood up to her in the end of the episode, even if she left him with a zinger walking out of the room. Gabby always has to get her way.

One thing we did find out is that Nico is good kisser, just too bad it was with the wrong girl. Posted Image

#59 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

What you've stated is plausible too. I was just thinking since he and Gabby have such a long history with one another he probably more than likely cheated on his wife with Gabby, OR like you said his life as a SEAL was too much for their marriage. Maybe Nico wasn't ready to give up his career as a SEAL at that time to be a husband and over the years he realized it was a mistake. Who knows.

#60 dimplzs

dimplzs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

I agree. I believe Nico simply cares about Juliette because her parents are clearly too wrapped up in themselves to care about her. Pittmann is too busy running his various businesses and Gabby is too wrapped up in herself to be the mother Juliette needed. Nico has been there since day one to see how Marshall and Gabby totally neglected this girl. I'm sure he knows that she acted out for attention, attention they weren't giving her. Sad. And I also noted loud and clear how Gabby kept making everything about HER, even her daughter's issues. She's a piece of work and I see her using blackmail against Nico next. She's not going to like the "new Nico" who rejects her advances and refuses to help her take down his boss and cost many people their jobs. Just watch and see. Gabby is not going to go away quietly. Not by a long shot. Posted Image :angry:

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved