• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dbronson65

dbronson65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

Stabler and benson made svu.There characters have so much chemistry together.I have been a loyal watcher and fan of law and order since it started.If they leave svu its sad tio say,but im not gonna watch it anymore.Im sure im not the only law and order fan out there who feels this way..

#2 mamaw633

mamaw633

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

I think if Dick York lets Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay leave SVU he is an Idiot. The other characters are Fantastic, But without these two,the show will lose its appeal. So, Dick, I think you should 'suck it up' and do whatever is necessary to keep them. And Please do not insult our intelligence by giving us another Olivia Benson.

#3 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

I was looking at some behind the scenes of season 13 pictures and not seeing Chris was just...weird. It's just not going to be the same. You can view the pictures if you are a member at mariskahargitay.org but if you are then here is the link for s13 behind the scenes ( http://www.mariskaha....php?cat_id=585 )
Posted Image
Posted Image

"The power to learn is present in everyone's soul
and the instrument with which each learns is like an eye
that cannot be turned around from darkness to light
without turning the whole body." ~Plato

#4 1monkfan_pielover

1monkfan_pielover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Just not the same without him...
Neal: You guys should get those Christmas tree air fresheners.
Peter: You don't like the van. Noted.

--------
Shawn: I'm just getting started, you giant cockroach. You know what? That was out of line. I apologize to cockroaches everywhere, especially Jiminy Cricket, although for the first time in thirty years, it occurs to me... he might be a cricket.
Gus: Of course he's a cricket.

#5 Spalove

Spalove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

It's not same with Elliot, but I like the new detectives and I'm enjoy every episode so far. My wish for next season would be to bring Elliot back somehow. Maybe after a year, Chris will want to return.

#6 BensonPrincess

BensonPrincess

Squintern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Location:The Jeffersoinan Institue, as Dr. Brennan's Intern. :D

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I actually love the show without him. I haven't watched this show in 2 years and then when I found out Chris/Elliot wasn't going to be on anymore I figured it would suck horribly. I decided to try and see how bad it was and found myself actually looking forward to the next episode. I knew I was getting tired of the Stabler family drama, but never realized exactly how much it pulled the show down, until now. I think it may have actually been a great move. (I don't blame Chris BTW, I blame the writers for over-using the entire Stabler family.)

As for the new detectives, I like Rowlins, however, the new guy kinda feels like a cheap version of Elliot, so it's taking some time for me to warm up to him.

(I heard Chris Meloni is going to be on True Blood. I don't watch that show, but for those of you that do, I hope he is well recieved.)

RIP: Tina D. (June 22, 1969- July 16, 2010)
My Top 11 TV Couples

#7 wintop

wintop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageWhat a kind family.

#8 dizny82

dizny82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

SVU sucks without Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay. Between SVU new characters and cancellation of IPS, usa has no idea what they're doing. Did I mention usa sucks now?

#9 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

At first, the show without Chris was weird and I have to admit that it took a while for me to get use to it but I did. His response at the "True Blood" panel about the possibility of him coming back gave me high hopes...that is until he made his last statement. Then I wanted to smack him. "There's no bad blood there. We'll see when it comes. It's still doing OK, I guess." Seriously? What an ego! Yeah Chris, the show is doing so bad because you decided to leave that it got renewed for a 14th season but keep thinking you are the s$%t. Jerk.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Hisgirlforevermore

Hisgirlforevermore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

[quote name='Mary82' timestamp='1342543881' post='1577939']
At first, the show without Chris was weird and I have to admit that it took a while for me to get use to it but I did. His response at the "True Blood" panel about the possibility of him coming back gave me high hopes...that is until he made his last statement. Then I wanted to smack him. "There's no bad blood there. We'll see when it comes. It's still doing OK, I guess." Seriously? What an ego! Yeah Chris, the show is doing so bad because you decided to leave that it got renewed for a 14th season but keep thinking you are the s$%t. Jerk.
[/quote/]

Not ego, just honesty. SVU did not doing well in the ratings last season. The season 12 premiere had 9.68 million viewers in the 9PM slot with a rating of 2.9 and 10.36 million in the 10PM slot with a rating of 3.5. Compared that to the season 13 premiere with 7.63 million viewers and a rating of 2.4. That's a huge drop. The ratings continued to drop throughout the season. They set a new record low of 1.6 which they hit several times. And the season 12 finale had 8.99 million viewers with a 2.8 rating while the season 13 one had 7.16 million with a 2.0 rating.

SVU was renewed for a 14th season because NBC is such bad shape in the ratings. And because they own the show with the hopes that they can recoup some of their money in syndication, DVD sales, etc. If the ratings drop again when SVU moves back to 9PM Wednesday [they did both times they moved there before], even NBC is going to have a tough time justifying keeping SVU on the schedule.

#11 Mary82

Mary82

Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

Not ego, just honesty. SVU did not doing well in the ratings last season. The season 12 premiere had 9.68 million viewers in the 9PM slot with a rating of 2.9 and 10.36 million in the 10PM slot with a rating of 3.5. Compared that to the season 13 premiere with 7.63 million viewers and a rating of 2.4. That's a huge drop. The ratings continued to drop throughout the season. They set a new record low of 1.6 which they hit several times. And the season 12 finale had 8.99 million viewers with a 2.8 rating while the season 13 one had 7.16 million with a 2.0 rating.

SVU was renewed for a 14th season because NBC is such bad shape in the ratings. And because they own the show with the hopes that they can recoup some of their money in syndication, DVD sales, etc. If the ratings drop again when SVU moves back to 9PM Wednesday [they did both times they moved there before], even NBC is going to have a tough time justifying keeping SVU on the schedule.

There is honesty and then there is snobbery. There are many people that make SVU a successful show. Chris leaving did create a drop in ratings. I predicted that would happen before Season 13 started. What made me upset was the way he said it. No one likes an a$% and that was exactly how he made himself look to everyone in the audience. Even friends of mine who don't even watch SVU said that he was a serious jerk. I don't know Chris personally but if I were a friend or someone close to him I would have smacked the back of his head and said, "What the hell is wrong with you?" As a fan, he seriously embarrassed me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Hutch917

Hutch917

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

There is honesty and then there is snobbery. There are many people that make SVU a successful show. Chris leaving did create a drop in ratings. I predicted that would happen before Season 13 started. What made me upset was the way he said it. No one likes an a$% and that was exactly how he made himself look to everyone in the audience. Even friends of mine who don't even watch SVU said that he was a serious jerk. I don't know Chris personally but if I were a friend or someone close to him I would have smacked the back of his head and said, "What the hell is wrong with you?" As a fan, he seriously embarrassed me.

I think he probably meant it as some kind of a joke, just my thoughts. I watched the first show just to see how they were going to handle his leaving. I just watch the reruns now, sorry but to me the show is not the same.

#13 K100

K100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

I actually love the show without him. I haven't watched this show in 2 years and then when I found out Chris/Elliot wasn't going to be on anymore I figured it would suck horribly. I decided to try and see how bad it was and found myself actually looking forward to the next episode. I knew I was getting tired of the Stabler family drama, but never realized exactly how much it pulled the show down, until now. I think it may have actually been a great move. (I don't blame Chris BTW, I blame the writers for over-using the entire Stabler family.)

As for the new detectives, I like Rowlins, however, the new guy kinda feels like a cheap version of Elliot, so it's taking some time for me to warm up to him.

(I heard Chris Meloni is going to be on True Blood. I don't watch that show, but for those of you that do, I hope he is well recieved.)

I agree!
I always liked Stabler, and the Stabler/Benson partnership was great. But, I really like the way the show has moved without him, and I like the cast (new and old). Best of all, I think it makes Benson a more interesting character without him. There is so much more to her than her partnership with Stabler. I feel like SVU is fresh again.
I understand that people were invested in Stabler, but Benson is still there. They are still telling great stories--if not better than they have in years. This is Law and Order--it has never been about the characters first and cases second. If it was a character driven show, it never would have lasted this long. It's the cases first, and the characters second. If that were to change, it would all over.
Fans should give the "after-Meloni" SVU a fair chance. You might be surprised.

#14 pinkydog123

pinkydog123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hey! I'm not sure if anyone on here remembers me from way back when, but I just got back into SVU and I've been catching up on season 13. It's so sad to have watched the first episode of 13 and really notice that in the beginning when Liv goes into Cragen's office you can tell shes looking for Elliot which is so sad :( Knowing that he wont be there. I hope maybe in the future Chris can come back and do one more ep just for closure. Its so weird that Cassidy's back!! It made me miss Elliot more I wanted to see his reaction! It's crazy now because I remember back when Elliot was the hot-headed jump to conclusions detective and now that's Liv. Its so weird how much things have changed especially if you've stuck with the series from the very beginning. It's sad when I think about it, I just like the show but I just watched some with Liv and El today and you just CAN NOT compare.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved