Season Finale

20 replies to this topic

#1 RubyRedtwo

RubyRedtwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

I was so disappointed regarding the season finale for In Plain Sight. They should have had Brandy get married. The show is sometimes so depressing because it never has anything go right for Mary, her mom or Brandy. The story lines are interesting when they are talking about the relocated criminals but when they get into the family stuff, it becomes a soap opera. Sometimes I just can't watch the show because of this. I am hoping that next season besides what is happening to Mary's baby, they have Brandy decide that it was just the size of the wedding and that she really loves Peter and is going to marry him. They elope. You can still have some drama in their lives but the show really could use some up moments regarding their characters!!!!!

#2 bfollowell

bfollowell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

I was so disappointed regarding the season finale for In Plain Sight. They should have had Brandy get married. The show is sometimes so depressing because it never has anything go right for Mary, her mom or Brandy. The story lines are interesting when they are talking about the relocated criminals but when they get into the family stuff, it becomes a soap opera. Sometimes I just can't watch the show because of this. I am hoping that next season besides what is happening to Mary's baby, they have Brandy decide that it was just the size of the wedding and that she really loves Peter and is going to marry him. They elope. You can still have some drama in their lives but the show really could use some up moments regarding their characters!!!!!

I agree 110%. I've watched IPS since the first episode and now my wife is hooked. I love the series and haven't had an episode I didn't like but my wife and I were both upset with the way the whole Brandi thing went over. I mean, I realize that sometimes relationships don't work and I know people get cold feet but are you really telling me that these feelings don't manifest themselves before the day of the wedding?! I really can't think of any more low-class, dirt bag thing you can do than to leave the one you supposedly love standing at the alter holding the bag.

The constant turmoil in the lives of Mary's family was and is funny but it was starting to wear a little thin and it was nice to see things starting to come together for them. I really liked Brandi and Peter as a couple. Hopefully they'll get things squared away next season. This sure won't ingratiate her to her new in-laws if they do though.

Has anyone heard any rumors of anyone leaving the show or how long Mary's ex/boyfriend/future might be sticking around?

- Byron

#3 JoanS529

JoanS529

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

I agree 110%. I've watched IPS since the first episode and now my wife is hooked. I love the series and haven't had an episode I didn't like but my wife and I were both upset with the way the whole Brandi thing went over. I mean, I realize that sometimes relationships don't work and I know people get cold feet but are you really telling me that these feelings don't manifest themselves before the day of the wedding?! I really can't think of any more low-class, dirt bag thing you can do than to leave the one you supposedly love standing at the alter holding the bag.

The constant turmoil in the lives of Mary's family was and is funny but it was starting to wear a little thin and it was nice to see things starting to come together for them. I really liked Brandi and Peter as a couple. Hopefully they'll get things squared away next season. This sure won't ingratiate her to her new in-laws if they do though.

Has anyone heard any rumors of anyone leaving the show or how long Mary's ex/boyfriend/future might be sticking around?

- Byron

They don't know if Josh Malina will be able to come back because he is on a new series. Didn't hear anything on Mary's ex. They have 8 eps to finish the series off and complete storylines. The characters they did say would be back were Mary, Marshall, Stan, Abby, Brandi, Jinx and Delia.

#4 southernbelle05

southernbelle05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

They don't know if Josh Malina will be able to come back because he is on a new series. Didn't hear anything on Mary's ex. They have 8 eps to finish the series off and complete storylines. The characters they did say would be back were Mary, Marshall, Stan, Abby, Brandi, Jinx and Delia.

I really hope they don't bring Abigail back for all final 8 episodes. I would like for the writers to FINALLY get Mary and Marshall together.
In the final 8 episodes I feel that they can wrap up the storylines. Instead of the episodes being witness driven it needs to be more character driven. Resolve the Mary/Marshall subplot that has played out for 4 seasons so far, FINALLY reveal Mary and Brandi's dad, just don't leave us hanging with these unanswered plots.

#5 JoanS529

JoanS529

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

I really hope they don't bring Abigail back for all final 8 episodes. I would like for the writers to FINALLY get Mary and Marshall together.
In the final 8 episodes I feel that they can wrap up the storylines. Instead of the episodes being witness driven it needs to be more character driven. Resolve the Mary/Marshall subplot that has played out for 4 seasons so far, FINALLY reveal Mary and Brandi's dad, just don't leave us hanging with these unanswered plots.

I think she'll be used for the Marshall having to choose which one he wants and it better end the right way.

#6 kennady

kennady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

I was very disappointed. I was VERY much liking the Richmond did it twist and how everything was starting to come together.i was thinking that richmond might have been trying to mentor these women off the streets and that the little guy working for him was gonna turn out to be the one who did it. I'm not sure about the Holder thing though, i thought he was ok; he still might be, the problem is we don't know the reasoning yet.

#7 Javanut4673

Javanut4673

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

I agree in principle but feel muc h stronger - against Brandi in particular. PATHETIC/WIMPY are two adjectives that readily come to mind. The "whoa is me, my big sister wasn't there to hold my hand..." SERIOUSLY??? IMMATURE also comes to mind. We are in the 21st Century and given Women's movement up to this time, I have to wonder what they think about this CRY BABY. I have see pre-pubescent people with more maturity than Brandi.

If I could find a more profound word to convey my ABSOLUTE DISGUST I would. Between Brandi and her mother, I don't know who is more pathetic. LOVE THE SHOW because of Mary and Marshall. Whenever anyone else comes on, I just fast forward and ya know what? The story line continues without a missing a beat. Whaddya know. Maybe they should get rid of this disgustingly pathetic SOAP OPERA portion of the show.

#8 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

I was very disappointed. I was VERY much liking the Richmond did it twist and how everything was starting to come together.i was thinking that richmond might have been trying to mentor these women off the streets and that the little guy working for him was gonna turn out to be the one who did it. I'm not sure about the Holder thing though, i thought he was ok; he still might be, the problem is we don't know the reasoning yet.

Huh? What show are you talking about cause it wasn't IPS.

#9 divagirl715

divagirl715

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

I LOVED it! And the character's personal lives IS the show, in my opinion. Love the Shannon family. To say "nothing ever goes right" for their family is extreme and untrue. Jinx completely turned her life around; got sober, got a job, and her own apartment. Huge change. Brandi has finally loved herself enough to draw in a good, caring man (she did that by being a stand-up person & apologizing to an entire AA meeting) and Mary, already a good person, has opened up more and even made a girlfriend (who unfortunately died, but had she lived she would've been a regular part of Mary's life) played by Laura San Gia Como. And what I adore about IPS is that it's realistic. Life is hard and depressing sometimes. And they show that and stay TRUE to character. Which is why I believe Brandi truly fled her wedding when her mother told her "She was this whole new person with a whole new life" right before she was about to walk down the isle. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Brandi should have been told, "You're with a good man now, in a fancy home...but you can still be yourself. You're still our Brandi." She can still screw up and Peter will still love her. Instead, she felt phenomenal pressure to be "perfect" when in fact Peter, from AA, is all about people being their authentic selves. He is the right match for her. But the massive wedding, his parents attitude and her mom's inaccurate view of her "new life" put Brandi over the edge. So she ran.

Surprisingly I am not on board with the "Marshall & Mary get together" league of fans. It's surprising because I am usually all about that, like with Bones' "Booth&Bones" as a couple; they just make sense. But with Marshall and Mary, I totally see them as true partners. Best friends. Not a romantic match. And what's wrong with that? I'd give my right arm to have a guy like Marshall be my best friend. Talk about funny, loyal and protective heaven! The right romantic fit for Mary was already on IPS. He is PERFECT for Mary! Major Luke Provo. I'm hoping it may be a shoe-in. Because Marshall told Mary she needed someone who challenged her, etc. he used the word "messy". Then in episode 4.11 Provo uses that exact word while telling Mary what he wants out of life, from a woman. He said, "I am looking for something...messier." And the look on her face was priceless. I knew it in that moment. I'm certain the IPS writers did too. He's hot for Mary and would be an awesome father & terrific match for her. Bonus, he is not the type of man to be threatened by Marshall & his partnership w/Mary. I'm tellin ya, Major Luke Provo is OUR guy!

So here's to hoping they make the final 8 episodes super for us fans! Mary is a terrific character that I relate to; she & Marshall have brought me a lot of joy.

#10 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

While watching the season 2 and 3 episodes on the IPS dvd's I got for Christmas (I must have been a VERY good girl this year!), I also listened to the several eps with Mary and Fred's commentary. They constantly talked about Marshall's unrequited, unrecognized love for Mary and would she finally ever really see it. I'm hoping that they don't screw over all the adoring fans that have been eagerly awaiting a resolution to this subplot for 4 LOOOOOOOOOOONG years. They have half a season to do it right.

#11 MorbidPet

MorbidPet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm with you MrsMann. Not that I'm into New Year resolutions but if I were M & M would be the only one :rolleyes:

Edited by MorbidPet, 02 January 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#12 MarilynP

MarilynP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

I LOVED it! And the character's personal lives IS the show, in my opinion. Love the Shannon family. To say "nothing ever goes right" for their family is extreme and untrue. Jinx completely turned her life around; got sober, got a job, and her own apartment. Huge change. Brandi has finally loved herself enough to draw in a good, caring man (she did that by being a stand-up person & apologizing to an entire AA meeting) and Mary, already a good person, has opened up more and even made a girlfriend (who unfortunately died, but had she lived she would've been a regular part of Mary's life) played by Laura San Gia Como. And what I adore about IPS is that it's realistic. Life is hard and depressing sometimes. And they show that and stay TRUE to character. Which is why I believe Brandi truly fled her wedding when her mother told her "She was this whole new person with a whole new life" right before she was about to walk down the isle. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Brandi should have been told, "You're with a good man now, in a fancy home...but you can still be yourself. You're still our Brandi." She can still screw up and Peter will still love her. Instead, she felt phenomenal pressure to be "perfect" when in fact Peter, from AA, is all about people being their authentic selves. He is the right match for her. But the massive wedding, his parents attitude and her mom's inaccurate view of her "new life" put Brandi over the edge. So she ran.

Surprisingly I am not on board with the "Marshall & Mary get together" league of fans. It's surprising because I am usually all about that, like with Bones' "Booth&Bones" as a couple; they just make sense. But with Marshall and Mary, I totally see them as true partners. Best friends. Not a romantic match. And what's wrong with that? I'd give my right arm to have a guy like Marshall be my best friend. Talk about funny, loyal and protective heaven! The right romantic fit for Mary was already on IPS. He is PERFECT for Mary! Major Luke Provo. I'm hoping it may be a shoe-in. Because Marshall told Mary she needed someone who challenged her, etc. he used the word "messy". Then in episode 4.11 Provo uses that exact word while telling Mary what he wants out of life, from a woman. He said, "I am looking for something...messier." And the look on her face was priceless. I knew it in that moment. I'm certain the IPS writers did too. He's hot for Mary and would be an awesome father & terrific match for her. Bonus, he is not the type of man to be threatened by Marshall & his partnership w/Mary. I'm tellin ya, Major Luke Provo is OUR guy!

So here's to hoping they make the final 8 episodes super for us fans! Mary is a terrific character that I relate to; she & Marshall have brought me a lot of joy.

Yeah, I feel you; Provo is good for Mary. I just can't see Marshall and Mary together. Much as I like the tension the whole unrequited love story line added, I'm just not sure I can ever see Mary really falling for Marshall. Provo is a good call.

#13 LaurieSteinmetz

LaurieSteinmetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was NOT pleased to see that In Plain Sight is coming to an end the end of this season. The show you should take off is Psyche I hate that show and you could remove house as well but NOT In Plain Sight, White Collar, Royal Pains, NCIS, and Law and Order SVU shouls stay on

#14 Arcassia

Arcassia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think you really nailed the Brandi situation right on the head. Brandi was feeling the social pressure associated with being a bride/becoming a wife, and the idea that she must now integrate into her new husbands family and become someone other than herself terrified her. Although this is no longer such a big change as it was in the past, the pressure is still there for women getting married (and men too), and the only person Brandi ever had to lean on in her life when she was unsure of what to do was Mary, who was absent. I don't think Mary not being there is what caused her to run, that was the pressure of having to become a new "perfect" person, but Mary's presence might have helped. Honestly the whole perfect Brandi wedding plot gave me the same reaction that Mary had, alternating annoyance and boredom, when Brandi decided to run at least that was interesting and real. That being said, I think Brandi and Peter make a great couple and will end up together anyway, and whether or not the officially get married is irrelevant.

That being said, I think your wrong about Mary and Marshall, I think they really would make a great couple, just like Booth and Bones do. I feel very strongly that the best relationships are built on good working friendships, because that way the other person already knows your faults and they don't blow up in your face later, and vise versa. I'd really like to see M & M finally coming together and melting in your mouth in the last season :), and I think that is the direction the writers are headed.

I think another important thing is Mary's pregnancy and her decision not to tell Mark about it. I have to say I agree that she didn't have any obligation to tell him, if he had wanted to know he would have come to find out for himself, which he eventually did. I really think Marshall would make a way better father though, as Mark is kind of a clown, and quite honestly Provo is way too testosterone laden for Mary. He's the kind of "Man's Man" that can say he respects a stand up career woman, and even pull it off for a short time, but ultimately will want to dominate in the relationship. Marshall is a better match for her because he allows her to wear the pants and be her overbearing standup self, he's ok with playing second fiddle and being the more cerebral parent to Mary's obvious physicallness (yet Marshall is by no means physically weak as we saw in the window scene :).

I love the overall realism in this show, and to be quite honest I'm really going to be very sad to see it go. The writing is beyond par and I'd love to see more shows like this. When you said that the show can be depressing and that's ok because that's what real life is like I couldn't agree more. Real life, and real families, are complicated and depressing, they have their ups (like Jinx getting sober and moving out) and their downs (like Brandi running away from her wedding and leaving Mary holding the bag and having to tell Peter), but ultimately after all the annoyance they still love each other.

#15 Arcassia

Arcassia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

While watching the season 2 and 3 episodes on the IPS dvd's I got for Christmas (I must have been a VERY good girl this year!), I also listened to the several eps with Mary and Fred's commentary. They constantly talked about Marshall's unrequited, unrecognized love for Mary and would she finally ever really see it. I'm hoping that they don't screw over all the adoring fans that have been eagerly awaiting a resolution to this subplot for 4 LOOOOOOOOOOONG years. They have half a season to do it right.

I agree, I think women in general should recognize the unsung heros that are the "good guys" who always "finish last", not the showy standout "Men's Men" like Provo but the guy who's always there in your worst moments and still doesn't judge you or think less of you, that's the guy you want, and Marshall fits that bill perfectly.

#16 Arcassia

Arcassia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:18 AM

I was NOT pleased to see that In Plain Sight is coming to an end the end of this season. The show you should take off is Psyche I hate that show and you could remove house as well but NOT In Plain Sight, White Collar, Royal Pains, NCIS, and Law and Order SVU shouls stay on

Hear Hear! In Plain Sight and White Collar are two of the BEST shows on TV right now, and Psyche and House are both a snooze fest :P

#17 whyme2

whyme2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I cannot understand why you want to cancel a good show because one of the stars does not want to return. Replace Mary. We were all tired of all of the attitude she had. Bring it back. Please

#18 leprecaun

leprecaun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Huh? What show are you talking about cause it wasn't IPS.

They're talking about "The Killing" and its on AMC not USA....

#19 leprecaun

leprecaun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

I cannot understand why you want to cancel a good show because one of the stars does not want to return. Replace Mary. We were all tired of all of the attitude she had. Bring it back. Please

Mary is the show and her attitude is her schtick, her thing....

#20 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,347 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Bump

Bumping this topic up just to get another one off the main forum index page.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

Reply to this topic

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved