Advertisement

No Celebrity Endorsement Implied

Photo
- - - - -

Something Borrowed, Something Blew Up (#4.13)

32 replies to this topic

#21 kayceehorse

kayceehorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

The season finally was great. I feel really bad for Peter :( He didn't deserve that. I loved Marshall protecting Mary. Abigail is just going to have to accept that she will always be second to Mary. I think Mary is going to keep the baby. she did say that going through the court house that she really felt the weight of the baby. I hope she keeps it. The most heart wrenching scene though was at the end, when Mary went into preterm labor. I have never heard her sound as scared as she was then. It was a good thing Marshall was there to help her. She really needed him. I hope the baby is ok. 32 weeks is really pushing it.

All in all a prefect end to a great season.

#22 MrsMann

MrsMann

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

Yeah, Mary's revelations about what went down at the courthouse and how it made her think about the whole baby situation could be taken either way...

1) She could think life is too short and if she ever wanted a kid/family, then this is probably her only chance, in which case, she'll keep the baby.

or...

2) Her life as a WitSec marshal is way too crazy and dangerous and hectic, so no way could she raise a kid alone and the baby would be better off with a stable adoptive family.

We're going to be speculating about this for months! :blink:

Edited by MrsMann, 09 August 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#23 hempy

hempy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Does anyone have the voice-over that Mary says about the circle of friends?

Thanks! :)

#24 Leigh1

Leigh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:16 PM

So we have to wait a year for it to come back? Are there less episodes of IPS versus White Collar? I am just curious why we don't have to wait so long for WC. Is it because with WC they split up their seasons in to 2 mini seasons and thus we don't wait as long between?

#25 JoanS529

JoanS529

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:49 AM

So we have to wait a year for it to come back? Are there less episodes of IPS versus White Collar? I am just curious why we don't have to wait so long for WC. Is it because with WC they split up their seasons in to 2 mini seasons and thus we don't wait as long between?

White Collar does get more episodes than In Plain SIght if you consider they get 2 seasons per year because of the split. IPS doesn't usually start filming again until January and White Collars next season is sometime this fall. I believe that Ted from USA that there a bunch of factors that go into the decision. I would assume some of it would have to do with being able to introduce new shows also epecially since they air their episodes opposite of the major networks usually.

#26 Sonjablu

Sonjablu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Can somebody tell me the name of the song playing when they were taking the witness through the tunnels?

#27 yogurtislove24

yogurtislove24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

Does anyone have the voice-over that Mary says about the circle of friends?

Thanks! :)

Hey is this the one you mean?

"In our lives every one of us draws a circle; inside it are your people: the people you fight for, the ones you protect no matter what. As you get older your circle gets smaller and smaller: people grow up, or they don't, they fall by the wayside, or they just drift off one day at a time. But those who stay through thick and thin and everything in between, they're the ones you want in the foxhole when the walls come tumbling down" In Plain Sight: Something Borrowed, Something Blew Up

#28 MissingAbq718

MissingAbq718

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

In the sniper attack Marshall was physically closer to Mary, plus they've been together as partners for years, and being pregnant, it was natural for him to cover her. And since she hit the deck, maybe that, and all the stress of the day, is what triggered problems with the pregnancy. I hope they don't have the baby die as a result; that would be a cheap plot device.

Of course Mary cried out to Marshall when the pain hit her; he was the closest to her. If I recall (I'll have to watch again) the next closest person was Abby, but she looked to be at least 75 feet away.

Not crazy about Mark being back in Mary's life, but he did impress me with his "take charge, I've-got-everything-covered, can-do" attitude in taking care of and helping out Brandi. I thought it was very upstanding of him and didn't seem to be weasley at all.

If it's going to take that long for the next season to roll around maybe they can release the 4th season DVD sooner than usual, like maybe in a few months, hint, hint.

And why is it that a lot of shows on USA and SyFy have such short seasons? It drives me nuts! Just when a show picks up momentum and I really get into it, wham!, season finale. So not nice guys. (But I do love that the episodes air multiple times throughout the week, just in case the power goes out and I have to record it again to see the whole episode or when I have a program scheduling conflict.)

I do hope IPS comes back.

#29 Taytotot

Taytotot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

As a parent of a 32 weeker I can say the baby has a good chance of survival even of coming out breathing on his/her own. Though there would most likely be a NICU stay because there are things they don't know how to do yet (like the sucking reflex so they have to learn that). IF Mary's baby arrives maybe a NICU stay is what is going to make her realize she wants to keep the baby or maybe the adoptive parents will even choose not to adopt because they would be afraid of any potential problems the baby could have. I am happy to say my daughter is now a very active and smart 2 1/2 year old.

#30 kayceehorse

kayceehorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

As a parent of a 32 weeker I can say the baby has a good chance of survival even of coming out breathing on his/her own. Though there would most likely be a NICU stay because there are things they don't know how to do yet (like the sucking reflex so they have to learn that). IF Mary's baby arrives maybe a NICU stay is what is going to make her realize she wants to keep the baby or maybe the adoptive parents will even choose not to adopt because they would be afraid of any potential problems the baby could have. I am happy to say my daughter is now a very active and smart 2 1/2 year old.

Thank you for telling us that :) I am glad to hear your daughter is healthy and happy.

I think the baby will be o.k. Most of the poll say that people want her to keep the baby.

#31 hempy

hempy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hey is this the one you mean?

"In our lives every one of us draws a circle; inside it are your people: the people you fight for, the ones you protect no matter what. As you get older your circle gets smaller and smaller: people grow up, or they don't, they fall by the wayside, or they just drift off one day at a time. But those who stay through thick and thin and everything in between, they're the ones you want in the foxhole when the walls come tumbling down" In Plain Sight: Something Borrowed, Something Blew Up

Yes! Thank you very, very much. :)

#32 yogurtislove24

yogurtislove24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yes! Thank you very, very much. :)

No problem :lol:

#33 Bittersweet418

Bittersweet418

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

I've liked a lot of shows, and I'm biased because of my complete passion for IPS. But this episode, this one season finale, I swear to God was the best season finale I've ever seen. The twists and turns were crazy- the locked in Marshals with the music, the symbolism running like mad at the end!!! No other show can lay a finger on the magnitude finale that was. I'm actually speechless. I forsaw a cliffhanger- but not at this height. I still can't believe Brandi bailed. But god did I love how Marshall can't leave her at the alter, and just when he is "begged to go" he doesn't even make it half way before he turns his back on Abbie to rush to Marys side. So symbolic and hopefully foreshadowing the future. I actually chuckled when he pulled out his "Marshallisms" telling her that women give birth every day early, even though I was still shaking inside.

Every character, even the ones were made to hate, did friggen outstanding this episode.

Speechless!!!!

Reply to this topic

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved