• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

The topic has come up on the "who you would like to see on a future episode" board, about who would be good to play Neal's parents. So, who would you like to see play Neal's parents? My personal opinion, and I think the opinion of several other people is that Pierce Brosnan would be perfect for his father. Matt resembles Pierce physically. They both have the dark hair, blue eyes, nice smile and about the same build. Also, given Pierce's background playing Remington Steele, who is basically the same kind of character as Neal, he just seems like he would be a perfect fit.
Anyone who used to be a fan of Remington Steele, as I was, would probably like to see a reunion with Pierce and Stephanie Zimbalist. I think she would be good as his mother and they look like they would have a son that looks like Matt. Also, I just read something and Pierce said if the right project come along, he would like to work with her again. So, what do you think?

#2 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,114 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

The topic has come up on the "who you would like to see on a future episode" board, about who would be good to play Neal's parents. So, who would you like to see play Neal's parents? My personal opinion, and I think the opinion of several other people is that Pierce Brosnan would be perfect for his father. Matt resembles Pierce physically. They both have the dark hair, blue eyes, nice smile and about the same build. Also, given Pierce's background playing Remington Steele, who is basically the same kind of character as Neal, he just seems like he would be a perfect fit.
Anyone who used to be a fan of Remington Steele, as I was, would probably like to see a reunion with Pierce and Stephanie Zimbalist. I think she would be good as his mother and they look like they would have a son that looks like Matt. Also, I just read something and Pierce said if the right project come along, he would like to work with her again. So, what do you think?

In an interview Jeff Eastin said he'd love to get George Clooney to play Neal's father. I love George Clooney so that works for me but Pierce Brosnan is a really good choice too so I'll agree with you on that one. I don't agree about Stephanie Zimbalist though. My preference for Neal's mother would be Linda Carter. I also think that Rob Lowe would be good as Neal's dad. I'll admit he's a little young for the role but the makeup peeps could easily fix that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by LI_Ann, 05 August 2011 - 07:30 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#3 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

I think you may get more responses on the "Who do you want to see on a future episode" thread. I know I've answered this so many times I forgot what I said!
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#4 Deej1957

Deej1957

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, we've had a huge discussion on this somewhere-- maybe in the Neal Caffrey thread?
Love shared by two people is precious and to be celebrated...no matter if it be two men, two women, or one of each. God said: love one another as I love you. He did NOT say: hate those who love differently than you.
~*~*~*~*~

www.michaelshanks-online.com Michael Shanks Online--the Official site for all things Shanks.

#5 sapphiregirl

sapphiregirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

Linda Carter would be a great mom for Neal. Great idea.

#6 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

I have a problem with George Clooney or Rob Lowe strictly because they don't seem old enough to be Neal's dad. Plus, I just think Matt looks so much like Pierce that he would be perfect. As far as his mom, I suggested Stephanie Zimbalist because I know what her and Pierce's chemistry is like and frankly they look like they could have produced a son that looks like Neal(Matt).

#7 aikens92

aikens92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I don't know about George Clooney either, Pierce Bronson is okay but he don't really have Neal's father qualities. In my opinion if it's present, Patrick Dempsey could pull off the role as Neal's dad just by his hair and eyes, for his mother it would be interesting if Jeff Easton would get Helena Bonham Carter to play his mother, only because she's a good actress who can get into the role of different types of character's. If it's a flashback I would definitely change my opinion but just saying what I think would be a good mix for the present.

#8 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Brosnan would be great for his father; I could see him working well as either a villainous type of character, or someone more sympathetic. For his mother, I'd love to see Maria Doyle Kennedy -- she played Katherine of Aragon on The Tudors.
“Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of fear?
Fear is for the winter, my little lord, when the snows fall a hundred feet
deep and the ice wind comes howling out of the north. Fear is for the long
night, when the sun hides its face for years at a time, and little children
are born and live and die all in darkness while the direwolves grow gaunt and
hungry, and the white walkers move through the woods”

#9 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Rutger Hauer could be good, too. I could buy him as a dirty cop.

#10 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hmmm...good question...wish I had a good answer! But it would be interesting to find out more about our favorite art theif's past! Can't wait to see if it happens!

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#11 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Brosnan would be great for his father; I could see him working well as either a villainous type of character, or someone more sympathetic. For his mother, I'd love to see Maria Doyle Kennedy -- she played Katherine of Aragon on The Tudors.

My niece and I have been watching old reruns of Remington Steele on Hulu and I can't believe the similarities between Neal(Matt) and Remington(Pierce). She asked me if they based Neal on the Remington Steele character. The way they act, the way they dress and the way they look. It really is kind of uncanny. Pierce is such a good actor, he could play his father any way the writers wrote him on the show.

#12 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

My niece and I have been watching old reruns of Remington Steele on Hulu and I can't believe the similarities between Neal(Matt) and Remington(Pierce). She asked me if they based Neal on the Remington Steele character. The way they act, the way they dress and the way they look. It really is kind of uncanny. Pierce is such a good actor, he could play his father any way the writers wrote him on the show.

He'd be *fabulous.* And he's such a chameleon -- you're right, whatever kind of person they wanted him to be, PB could sell it.

#13 Leigh1

Leigh1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Jeff Bridges? :lol: Kidding, although he is a good actor. Seriously PB would be good. Possibly Cloony. Patrick Dempsey seems way too young. Maybe if they were doing a flashback to a younger version of his father.

Bruce Willis would make me laugh....or Alec Baldwin. I know they don't look like him, just think they would be cool in the role. Just depend on what sort of chacter they make the father as to who I could see doing it justice. How about Robert Redford? :P

I would have killed to see Paul Newman play his grandfather, but alas he is no longer with us. James Caan would be another good choice for that.

Edited by Leigh1, 16 August 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#14 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

You are right, Paul Newman would have been a really good choice for his grandfather. Robert Redford maybe because of his connection with the Sting. It just sort of depends on what the concept would be for his father. I just think that Pierce is the perfect choice.

#15 WhiteRose

WhiteRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

We know Neal's father is still alive because Jeff said he wanted Clooney to play his dad. Did he mention anything about his mother?

#16 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Tom Selleck

#17 Tudor

Tudor

** C O L L A R S **

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Gregory Harrison. I love him in Trapper John MD. Just saw him in CSI/ NY and thought he's a good fit to play Neal's dad.

ea4a0b2d-4221-4b62-bc95-3a189c9023f1_zps

white collar season 6

#18 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:12 PM

I still think Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist would be perfect to be his parents. Look at them and tell me that they don't look like they would have a son that looks like Matt.

Posted Image

#19 bah1214

bah1214

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Does anyone else feel that Neal, growing up, would have had all the best things, been exposed to the best things in life and when he got to be a teenager and went through his rebellious streak he rejected that world and everything his parents had exposed him to? I can picture his father being the one in particular to have exposed him to everything and he is the one that Neal really rebelled against. So, when he made his move he moved away from them and everything he was used to and went to a whole other side of life, not knowing, at the time, that he was becoming even more his fathers son.

#20 virgo79

virgo79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone else feel that Neal, growing up, would have had all the best things, been exposed to the best things in life and when he got to be a teenager and went through his rebellious streak he rejected that world and everything his parents had exposed him to? I can picture his father being the one in particular to have exposed him to everything and he is the one that Neal really rebelled against. So, when he made his move he moved away from them and everything he was used to and went to a whole other side of life, not knowing, at the time, that he was becoming even more his fathers son.

Actually, I have a very different vision of his childhood. I think there were a lot of things he went without. and not just luxuries. I could buy him being someone who's gone hungry at some point in his life. This season in particular, there have been comments made that I felt hinted at him coming from a home that struggled. And I'm not sure he's ever met his father.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved