• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Muldfeld

Muldfeld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

Although many wrongly praise creator Scott Peters for "The 4400", it's important to note that he came up with the idea, but his pilot and every subsequent episode he wrote were heavily rewritten. The idea for Maia, for example, was created by Rene Echevarria. Ira Steven Behr, Craig Sweeny, and Robert Hewitt Wolfe did the main writing work that first season and Behr and Sweeny were the main writers for Seasons 2 through 4. Ira Steven Behr was head writer and had a lot do to with the show's political insight.

I'm very sad about "The 4400"'s cancellation; I especially wanted to see how Patrick Flueger's character Shawn emerged as a political candidate and how he dealt with Jordan Collier.

Ira Steven Behr is the head writer for "Alphas" and he's also joined by Robert Hewitt Wolfe, who wrote Season 1's "Trial By Fire" and Season 4's "Till We Have Built Jerusalem".

"Alphas" is a chance for a new beginning with a show with people with abilities, but whose lives are grounded in reality. It's got a great cast and because Ira Steven Behr loved the people with whom he worked, many of them are working on the new show, although not as main characters.

Mahershallalhashbaz Ali (Richard Tyler) has a recurring role; he's very different; where Richard was hesitant and gentle, this new character is mean, confident, and tough.

In upcoming episodes, we'll also see:

Garrett Dillahunt (Matthew) and
Summer Glau (Tess)

I'm excited about this show. It has a bigger budget for some great special effects, too. It's going to have an ongoing story, and it's very funny too!

It airs on Mondays at 10 pm Eastern on Syfy and Canada's Space. It's only 3 episodes in, so come on board. We need all the viewers we can get!
"In the deepest ocean,
The bottom of the sea
Your eyes, they turn me
Why should I stay here?

I'd be crazy not to follow
Follow where you lead
Your eyes
They turn me onto phantoms
I follow to the end of the Earth
And fall off

Everybody leaves if they get the chance
And this is my chance."

"Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" by Radiohead
(live)

(live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLUS5W5eMeQ

"You are my center when I spin away
Out of control on videotape
This is my way of saying good-bye
'cause I can't do it face to face
I'm talking to you after it's too late from my videotape"

"Videotape" by Radiohead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MI3gtaqfY

#2 MMWriter

MMWriter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

Ira Steven Behr is the writer for Alphas?
Okay, now I want to see it. I didn't, because it was on Syfy and I have a grudge against that channel.
(Bring me back my Star Trek repeats!! Mraaah!)

It always makes me happy to see Star Trek "alums", per se, from the writing teams I mean, take on new series. I know Echevarria is actually working as an Executive Producer for Teen Wolf (yes, on MTV!) and while I'm quite frankly shocked he's signed on... or rather, that MTV picked the series up in the first place, I'd go so far as to say the show's pretty clever.

If you like how a show was written, watch for those writers and that creative team to pick up new things. The quality can be pretty consistent!

~* M A R I E *~
Posted Image

Current obsession: The Dead Zone

#3 darewasda

darewasda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

hello ...

china suppliers - china quality control - prototype china

#4 Muldfeld

Muldfeld

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Ira Steven Behr is the writer for Alphas?
Okay, now I want to see it. I didn't, because it was on Syfy and I have a grudge against that channel.
(Bring me back my Star Trek repeats!! Mraaah!)

It always makes me happy to see Star Trek "alums", per se, from the writing teams I mean, take on new series. I know Echevarria is actually working as an Executive Producer for Teen Wolf (yes, on MTV!) and while I'm quite frankly shocked he's signed on... or rather, that MTV picked the series up in the first place, I'd go so far as to say the show's pretty clever.

If you like how a show was written, watch for those writers and that creative team to pick up new things. The quality can be pretty consistent!

OK. I had no idea Rene Echevarria or anyone of note was involved in MTV's "Teen Wolf"; I may just check that out. It's cool to get a reply from a fan that feels the same way I do about the importance of writers.
"In the deepest ocean,
The bottom of the sea
Your eyes, they turn me
Why should I stay here?

I'd be crazy not to follow
Follow where you lead
Your eyes
They turn me onto phantoms
I follow to the end of the Earth
And fall off

Everybody leaves if they get the chance
And this is my chance."

"Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" by Radiohead
(live)

(live) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLUS5W5eMeQ

"You are my center when I spin away
Out of control on videotape
This is my way of saying good-bye
'cause I can't do it face to face
I'm talking to you after it's too late from my videotape"

"Videotape" by Radiohead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MI3gtaqfY

#5 TF149012013

TF149012013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

It would be absolutely awesome to see The 4400 come back after all these years and show us the "new world"!!!!! Is there any hope whatsoever that this may happen?

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved