• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MisterPriceless

MisterPriceless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

First, to PsychNickNack for posting the link in another thread; thank you for posting it, props.

What we have here, is something that deserves its own thread. A Psych...wait for iiiiit. Video. Game.

Whaaat.

Psych Game

Some snippets for you all.

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - June 2, 2011 - Leading casual game developer and publisher Legacy Interactive® announced today that they have signed a licensing agreement with Universal Partnerships & Licensing to develop a videogame based on the Universal Cable Productions detective comedy-drama series "Psych."

Adapted from the USA Network television series of the same name, TV fans and casual gamers alike can join Shawn and Gus at the Santa Barbara Police Department, as the hilarious duo solves crimes, pretending to use unique psychic powers.

Forgive me for not adding more information but I will after I'm done watching Riktal's videos lol!

#2 PsychNickNack

PsychNickNack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

First, to PsychNickNack for posting the link in another thread; thank you for posting it, props.

What we have here, is something that deserves its own thread. A Psych...wait for iiiiit. Video. Game.

Whaaat.

Psych Game

Some snippets for you all.

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - June 2, 2011 - Leading casual game developer and publisher Legacy Interactive® announced today that they have signed a licensing agreement with Universal Partnerships & Licensing to develop a videogame based on the Universal Cable Productions detective comedy-drama series "Psych."

Adapted from the USA Network television series of the same name, TV fans and casual gamers alike can join Shawn and Gus at the Santa Barbara Police Department, as the hilarious duo solves crimes, pretending to use unique psychic powers.

Forgive me for not adding more information but I will after I'm done watching Riktal's videos lol!

You're welcome! (I thought it was funny because it was at the very bottom of a page with all this comic con stuff, so nobody noticed. Hahaha.)

I, for one, am very excited for the game. I've always loved mystery games, and hopefully this one won't disappoint! I really hope it has cool mysteries!

"Spencer One to Ground Control."
"We read you loud and clear Spencer One!"

"The Psychic criminal catching portion of the day is about to begin."
"Is there another type of idiocy you'd be more comfortable with?"
"No! Ju are wrong! I am not the murderero! But I know who is-o..."
"First of all we're growing moustaches very, very slowly..."
"You see this? This is the Lodge Radar, and this is me flying underneath it. And look down here, it's Gus. He can't fly."
"Hey! Gus is one sixteenth robot! And not the evil take over the world "I Robot" kind!"
"What do they have at Red Robin?"
"I call it... 'Very Close Talking'"
"Gus, look! It's Stinky Feet! He's Trying to bushwack us!"
"Gus, look! Ryan really did work at Busch-Gardens!"
Posted Image
SHAWN & GUS
They may not be action heroes, but they're the best we've got!

"Official Eppy/Interesting Topic Starter of the CMP^2"

#3 psychlover22

psychlover22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

cool!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 lovejamesrdoay

lovejamesrdoay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for the video game :)
>>>(##)PSYCH(##)<<<

Shawn:
I know how you feel about dead things.
Gus: What do you mean? I've seen it all.
Shawn: You've seen it all through the cracks in your fingers while your hiding your eyes.
Shawn: Yeah, Gus, it was right at the top of my ''to don't'' list.
Shawn: Gus, I kicked a board in half.
Gus: No you didn't.
Shawn: You're right. I didn't. But it splintered. Do you have any idea what this means?
Shawn: That dog is kind of an "A" hole.
Gus:
It sees something.
Shawn:
Yeah, urine stains on my pants.
Shawn: Boom. Boom. Boom. Muffins.
Shawn:
I need to potty, okay? I know my body, and I know my stomach, and this could get really ugly.
Shawn: I'm on a banana sled jack. Come aboooooard.

Posted Image

#5 Sweetkatilyn20

Sweetkatilyn20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

Has anyone heard anymore about this?
"Omg, I look like K.D. Lang!"

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Mc2a2k8

Mc2a2k8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

I only see this ruining Psych, to be brutally honest.

Posted Image

"No more tears Jules"

#7 SophieG

SophieG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

Hey, they finally brought it out! On 26 March 2014 to be exact though I only just found out now on Twitter. Here is the link (Legacy Games):

http://www.legacygam...ych#prettyPhoto

Big Fish game members can also find it there:

http://www.bigfishga...sych/index.html

(Each user has to decide for themselves whether they trust the company, website and file at each link in terms of security, and how to look into safety criteria to your own satisfaction if you're not already familar with them. This is particularly true given the recent news about the Heartbleed Open SSL security bug - completely unrelated to the game itself but google or "bing" Heartbleed if you're not already familiar with it.)

I like the artwork that I'm seeing in the screenshots, but then I always did. (Why people have so much trouble getting Shawn to look right when they seem to be able to capture everyone else is beyond me.) The price seems moderate especially on the Big Fish site, file size <300 MB, and based on comments the game is too short, if anything. No voice acting, sadly. Would be nice if that could be done in the future!

Oh, and with reference to the previous post, I think there's no worries at all along those lines ... I haven't downloaded or played the game yet but am still very comfortable with that assessment ...   :)

#8 iacomary97

iacomary97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Oh well, on the voice acting i like to differ.
It's true that i found, and i don't know how, months before the release a trial that I peacefully see that they are giving for free. And when i played there was in fact the voice acting. Only one problem.

Not the real voices. So I think this is the real problem. Maybe they didn't got the authorization.

#9 HenrickPeres

HenrickPeres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Don't have for Mac, so it sucks.

#10 Kirei

Kirei

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Don't have for Mac, so it sucks.

Agreed.

Psychfic: Kirei

Official Pineapple mypineapple.gifCarver of the CMP2

PsychMusicalBanner_zps757a5286.jpg

I am smart, and I am fun, and I am almost always in a good mood, damn it!

#11 SophieG

SophieG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

I suspect the issues with voice acting and Mac availability are due to lack of budget. It almost seems as if they just got enough to finish a (technologically) modest version of the game, no more.

The release version that I have relies on text speech, no voice acting from anyone, principals or otherwise ... although that's just based on the first few screens. The graphics and use of titles to set the scene very much give me the sense of Psych. So it's a good start from that perspective, cross fingers they'll be able to do more from there although I realize it may be a bit much to hope for. They use the theme song on the main menu page.   :)  Colors are bright, rich and very nice - to my untrained eyes. I probably will find out as earlier game players are saying that it's too short.

The game is now also available on Shockwave (the game site that was taken over by NickMom):

http://www.shockwave...nding/psych.jsp

Probably a good choice for getting it some additional exposure.

Edited by SophieG, 15 April 2014 - 11:21 PM.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved