• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Maddarilke

Maddarilke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Well, what did you all think of the episode last night?

I found it pretty amazing, overall. The kids still annoy me, but I did really love how much Concetta Tomei was featured. It was a nice conceit to have her be suspect for a while, and I found her character very believable and layered.

Love that they put a spotlight on OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Although I am familiar with it, I honestly didn't put the diagnosis together until Dr. Dani did! I'd say that's pretty effective writing!

Everyone was great--saw that Victor Webster guest starred! He's on CASTLE, another favorite show of mine. I must say though, he needs to start playing more likeable characters! I thought Matt (Marc Blucas) was gonna punch him out at the end! It was an interesting performance by Marc; good to see him show some temper after playing it so mellow these past three weeks!

...and of course, it wouldn't be ME if I didn't say how much I enjoyed the subtle, sexy performance by Scott Cohen. Every little facial expression conveys so much! I think he has an incredible chemistry with Callie Thorne, and I think the writing crew on this show know it, too! Their interaction in the preview for next week's episode has me really anticipating it!

BONUS: Mehcad Brooks getting ALL THE BEST PUNCHLINES! Love him!!!

#2 PSC

PSC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

I found it pretty amazing, overall. The kids still annoy me, but I did really love how much Concetta Tomei was featured. It was a nice conceit to have her be suspect for a while, and I found her character very believable and layered.

Love that they put a spotlight on OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Although I am familiar with it, I honestly didn't put the diagnosis together until Dr. Dani did! I'd say that's pretty effective writing!

Everyone was great--saw that Victor Webster guest starred! He's on CASTLE, another favorite show of mine. I must say though, he needs to start playing more likeable characters! I thought Matt (Marc Blucas) was gonna punch him out at the end! It was an interesting performance by Marc; good to see him show some temper after playing it so mellow these past three weeks!

...and of course, it wouldn't be ME if I didn't say how much I enjoyed the subtle, sexy performance by Scott Cohen. Every little facial expression conveys so much! I think he has an incredible chemistry with Callie Thorne, and I think the writing crew on this show know it, too! Their interaction in the preview for next week's episode has me really anticipating it!

This episode was great.

What's going to happen when the stolen car is recovered and what is Dani going to do when she finds out that TK bought the car for her son?

I was disappointed that Matt apologized for kissing Dani AND that Dani didn't say anything - I wish they could have a relationship out in the open.
I didn't like it when Matt had a date for the charity event.
I was hoping that Matt would help Dani conquer the other side of her bed.

#3 redheadedstranger_4

redheadedstranger_4

Still crazy after all these years

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'm with you on the kids but tonight it was the boy that bothered me more than the girl. Ms. Tomei was excellent, as usual.

I was pretty sure where they were going with the diagnosis when Randal was counting in even numbers while doing his thing with the weights (curls?). It was confirmed when he got so frustrated he picked her up and moved her.

Victor Webster is a good actor and (of course) super HOT. I agree with you about wanting to see him in more likable roles. He has done a few. You mentioned Castle but he was also a Cupid (and Phoebe's love interest) on the really bad final season of Charmed. Going further back there was a SciFi series in 2001-2004 called "Mutant X" where he was a super-hero character with "electric" powers.

As for Matt, I think he SHOULD have punched Ted last night. But did you also notice he was worried about Dr Dani and her conversation with Nico? He could tell it upset her and that bothered him. Don't think it was a jealousy thing though. I still think we are going to find out Nico has a wife somewhere. ;)

I'm still not seeing this chemistry of which you speak BUT am willing to admit that may be due to my blinders. :D

Perhaps it is the Mom in me but I didn't find TK as funny last night as everyone else did. He enabled RayJ in getting away with some really bad behavior and I couldn't get past that.

Some great subtext to Matt's lines. There was the part about it being harder to break old habits than he had though (forgot the actual quote but he was talking to Ted after Dani left the bar) then there was the thing with the coach where the coach says "What you want and what you need is sometimes two different things." Matt says "Not always" and looks over at Dani. I think my heart beat a little faster. The look in his eyes was like a thirsty man looking at a cold glass of water. ;)

And I'd be remiss if I did not mention THE KISS! But then he goes and tells her it won't happen again?! Not what I want to hear. :angry:

All in all, another great episode. Looking forward to next week.

Edited by redheadedstranger_4, 21 July 2011 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

#4 redheadedstranger_4

redheadedstranger_4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

I was hoping that Matt would help Dani conquer the other side of her bed.

Yes! But maybe I'm hoping for too much too soon. I know they have already been together once but that was before they had a professional relationship. While it will be great to see them together again perhaps it would not be as believable if they don't suffer some first.

LOL! I sometimes get so caught up in the characters of a show that I forget for a moment they aren't "real" people. Guess that's what we are supposed to do though. Keeps us tuning in.

Posted Image

#5 redheadedstranger_4

redheadedstranger_4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

This was my favorite episode so far. Looking forward to next week!

Posted Image

#6 redheadedstranger_4

redheadedstranger_4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

I wish Victor Webster had not turned out to be a jerk (and a thief, I guess?) It would have been nice to see him as a recurring character.

Posted Image

#7 brokenroots

brokenroots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

I liked the interaction between Nico and Dani this episode. Was it just me or did she start reading another book based on his recommendation? :)

I didn't get to see the preview, but I'm all for good Nico/Dani interaction. :)
I suffer from foot in mouth disease. Please disregard any and all posts I may have made.

#8 redheadedstranger_4

redheadedstranger_4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

I liked the interaction between Nico and Dani this episode. Was it just me or did she start reading another book based on his recommendation? :)

I didn't get to see the preview, but I'm all for good Nico/Dani interaction. :)

Boo! Hiss! j/k :) But I really do not see this guy the way y'all do. I find his character creepy, not sexy. If I were not rooting for Matt and Dani I'd be waiting for the show to bring in just the right guest star for Dani's love interest.

Posted Image

#9 brokenroots

brokenroots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Boo! Hiss! j/k :) But I really do not see this guy the way y'all do. I find his character creepy, not sexy. If I were not rooting for Matt and Dani I'd be waiting for the show to bring in just the right guest star for Dani's love interest.

Ah, well, to each their own. I like characters with hidden depths, and Nico has that going for him. Also, personally, I find Mark Blucas unattractive. He just does not appeal to me at all. That's me. If not for the chemistry between Nico and Dani, I'd have bailed after the pilot because the Dani/Matt thing doesn't interest me at all, I'm not a big fan of psychaitrists or sports, and her kids annoy me. But that little bit in the pilot, that intrigued me.

Even knowing it'll never happen, that you'll get your Dani/Matt, I'm content to watch for my Dani/Nico moments. :)

Edited by brokenroots, 26 July 2011 - 02:06 AM.

I suffer from foot in mouth disease. Please disregard any and all posts I may have made.

#10 BlueGirl33

BlueGirl33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

Yet another Nico fan is called to rise to his defense! :D Yes, he's a little bit shady, but I think that there's a good heart underneath all of that. For example, in the pilot, he gives Dani his word that he'll deal with the sleazy PI following her, and he does. I'm sure that his job requires him to do...questionable...things from time to time, but I think he also makes a good and loyal friend.

And, don't worry--for all my appreciation of Nico, I can see that the show has fated Dani and Matt to be together. ;) I do think, though, that Dani and Nico have been slowly but surely gaining each other's respect and even friendship (to a degree). For that reason, I can't wait to see how Nico handles the threat we've seen in the ads for tonight's episode!

#11 mle2009

mle2009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

Okay so I know I am late but I just discovered this show two days ago and so far I have watched the first episode and here are my thoughts.....

The part were Dani finds out her husband cheated and was throwing his clothes outside, and when her kids saw...lol. I have to admitt I was wondering why she kept having flashbacks about the pillows. Speaking of the lady that was crazy carbs...lol Talkin about how her husband caught her and confronted her with the crust cuz she doesn't do crust

The part were Dani's mom is sitting in the pantry when the daughter opens it and sees her sitting there and asked what she was doing in there and then after there conversation she asked her to pass her the Pop Tarts...lol

The part were T.K. hit the guy with the phone I was like oh snap...lol

The funniest part of them all is when T.K. reveals that he relates his catching problems to a time that he was out of toilet paper tissue and dropped it when a friend tossed a roll to him...LMAO HALARIOUS I was laughing so hard at that part

:lol:

The daughter kind of gets on my nerves so far, But it was funny when that guy was chasing her

The son seems nice

T.K. I actually like him I have to admitt at first that he scared me but I like him and I am glad they revealed his story.

From the few comments I have read (while trying not to read too much, so I don't ruin in for myself) I have seen a couple of commenst on how Dani and Nico should be couple. I am not saying no but I have not seen a romantic connection with them yet. I think she really likes Matt, but I think I will have to watch mores episodes before I can determine

What was with that guy who was taking pictures of her?

Anyways just wanted to share my thought overall I LOVE the show so far. :)

#12 AlleluiaElizabeth

AlleluiaElizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Okay so I know I am late but I just discovered this show two days ago and so far I have watched the first episode and here are my thoughts..... (continued)

I know this is a late response, but I do hope you are enjoying the show still. :)

#13 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

Here's a collage I made for episode 1.4 Habit Forming.  Screen caps to follow :)

HabitFormingcollagecopy_zps1a7b60a1.jpg

Posted Image

#14 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

I really enjoyed Habit Forming.  I think my favorite episodes, or at least clients, are when Dani is working with Hawks' players and Booz is no exception.  Also some nice Dani/Matt, Dani/Mom and of course Dani/Nico scenes in this episode starting with this one.

Dani just finds out she doesn't need to finish reading the book.

DaniampBookclub1_zpsff98bcad.jpg

Nico asking Dani for her session note? Really?? He should what her answer to that will be.

DaNiocHawksHD1_zps57c03233.jpg

DaNiocHawksHD2_zpsd6fb334d.jpg

DanicoHawks3_zpsf8e2adf0.jpg

Dani's mom mixes it up with TK

DaniMomsCarHD5_zpsff22acc2.jpg

DaniTKHouseHD5_zps888aa39a.jpg

Edited by downeaster, 21 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

#15 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

Another late night early morning Nico visit in this episode.

Dani:  I’m assuming this is something that couldn’t wait till tomorrow?

Nico:  Well, it already is tomorrow, 12:03 am.

DaNicoHouseHD7_zps95e59dd9.jpg

DaNicoHouseHD1_zpsb1fa7e37.jpg

DaNicoHouseHD8_zpsd7c88c69.jpg

Edited by downeaster, 21 June 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#16 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

Booz was a sweetieDaniBozHD2_zps0df5565b.jpg

Ted not so much

BarHD2_zpsa241a5e1.jpg

Posted Image

#17 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Okay, favorite scene from this episode...

67fa5c16-daa3-4e76-b336-aa1078447e19_zps

13606a2c-458b-462e-ae4e-1005de0b99ac_zps

Somebody owes somebody an apology

I never said it was her.  I said it might be.

Really?  Seriously?  You throw my life into chaos, you accuse my
mother of illegal activity, and you’re not even gonna say sorry?

DaNicoBookHD22_zps5988dc95.jpg

I like Ken Follett’s WWII stuff better, myself.

You've read “Pillars of the Earth”?

DaNicoBookHD23_zps696bff2c.jpg

As shocking as it sounds, I am capable of reading, and apologizing.

DaNicoBookHD29_zps08122e74.jpg

Edited by downeaster, 29 June 2014 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved