• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MissLee1980

MissLee1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

Okay, I know this is kind of silly. I'm really liking the new season, but one, playing the credits through the ending of the show is very distracting. I really wish USA would stop that. Second, they used to show a preview for the next week's episode through the credits. Now we don't get a preview. I like the previews. What can I say? Maybe I'm cheesy, but those would be my two requests so far this year. Stop playing the credit through the end of the show. And give me my preview please. Thanks!

#2 auroracat

auroracat

I like mine a little toasty!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

And rolling the ending credits cues the DVR to stop recording and it cut out mid sentence on the ending scene!

#3 match

match

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

Okay, I know this is kind of silly. I'm really liking the new season, but one, playing the credits through the ending of the show is very distracting. I really wish USA would stop that. Second, they used to show a preview for the next week's episode through the credits. Now we don't get a preview. I like the previews. What can I say? Maybe I'm cheesy, but those would be my two requests so far this year. Stop playing the credit through the end of the show. And give me my preview please. Thanks!

You are not silly to be distracted and annoyed by the credits rolling during a significant episode finale. When they did this the picture became boxed ( black trim on bottom of screen) and distorted the high definition quality picture.

I also am very annoyed with the constant and growing ever larger promotions for other shows during the broadcast of another show. This started with written reminders in the corner of the screen and has evolved to moving characters moving across the border of the screen. Unfortunately, USA is not the only channel to use this technique.

I wonder just how far the networks will take this. Will they use self-control or will the increasing audience criticism force the FCC to intervene?

#4 auroracat

auroracat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

I think as many people as possible should make a comment, politely of course, directly to USA network. Hopefully they will listen to their customers and adjust some of this.

#5 charliebz

charliebz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Add me to those who are irked by this. Way to ruin a moment, USA! Posted Image

#6 Lucazzy

Lucazzy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

It's a bit irritating, but I don't see why you guys are making that big of a deal over it. (Unless you have a DVR). I mean it's only the last 20 seconds of the show, and it's no different from any regular split screen Burn Notice does.
Shows that everyone should watch:

-Burn Notice (Best characters, great acting)
-Breaking Bad (Best character development and excellent acting)
-24 (Master of cliffhanger, thrilling show)
-Prison Break (Similar to 24, massive government conspiracy and that good stuff)
-Lost (Great acting, character development. Great sci-fi show)
-Homeland (Realistic, entertaining thriller)
-Game of Thrones (Fantasy for people that hate fantasy. Awesome actors, well written characters, tons of twists. Read books first!)

#7 auroracat

auroracat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

It wasn't just a split screen. When the show does it, the editors maintain perspective. When the credits pushed up the picture we lost perspective and part of the scene as well.

I went to USA's home page and used their e-mail form to contact them. I highly recommend that everyone else do the same, or contact them in some fashion. The more voices they hear, the more likely they are to make changes.

#8 Mary65529

Mary65529

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Goodness, yes! Perfect example is last night's ending....major scene....important event....better than blowing up almost anything....Michael being sweet and pretty dang sexy and then.......ACKKKKKK! sick of the distraction across the bottom of the screen and the weird distortion of the images......please, please stop the madness!

#9 pwells228

pwells228

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Just wanted to add my voice to this - the scrunched up screen on the final scene of episode 502 last night was really REALLY annoying. Totally broke the moment of a very intimate scene. As someone else here said in another thread, come on USA, you can't allow another half a minute for the show to actually finish before you start rolling into credits and the next show?

Patti

bcbanner3.jpg

#10 petunia846

petunia846

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, it was a bad, bad move. We couldn't have had one less commercial?

#11 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,144 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Just wanted to add my voice to this - the scrunched up screen on the final scene of episode 502 last night was really REALLY annoying. Totally broke the moment of a very intimate scene. As someone else here said in another thread, come on USA, you can't allow another half a minute for the show to actually finish before you start rolling into credits and the next show?

Patti

Yeah, it was a bad, bad move. We couldn't have had one less commercial?

Yeah, I watched it again today and it was really bad. Not only did it "disturb the force" of that final shipper moment, they did it poorly too. It was squished down and Michael's head was out of proportion. I hate when people do that. I've seen it done to screencaps, avatars and sigs. If you're going to make a picture smaller, at least do it to scale.

Edited by LI_Ann, 01 July 2011 - 10:42 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#12 jesseblue

jesseblue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

I tweeted BurnNotice_USA the link to this thread today.....hopefully they will read and consider our thoughts.
"Michael & Fiona, they love each other and they hate each other - but it's always each other." - Maddie Weston

#13 cargram

cargram

Fiona, feisty and fabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

I watched the rerun on USA at 11am today. The credits did not run over the last scenes and the promo for next week showed. Guess we should wait to record until the reruns start! <_<
Posted Image

sig courtesy of AggieThrower30

#14 ColleenM

ColleenM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:01 AM

Add me to those who are irked by this. Way to ruin a moment, USA! Posted Image

Add my voice to this list! Really ruined a moment! (I am glad to see that they didn't do it for the reruns!) My request is, when they release the DVD next June, the credits run where they should at the end of every episode - when all the action is finished!
And it is far from the same as a split screen; split screens are done artistically. Cramming the credits in under a distorted picture is done for one reason only - more money time. Urggh!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved