• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

So now that USA has decided not to renew, where do we send our tie clips & Skittles? Until I hear otherwise, I'm still sending them to Wachtel. But maybe there is a better place? Help, please!

#22 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image
A blast of tie clips from the original Tie Clip Ship!
The duo can come back in many forms...supply and demand.
Headquarters can always be remodeled.
Here's a tie clip salute to the forthcoming
sponsors of the future incarnation of
Goren and Eames!!!

#23 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

Beautiful, Chimera! I hope you sent this directly to Wachtel!!

#24 Outerbankschick

Outerbankschick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

Love the pic Chimera!!

Rumor has it that DW is shopping CI around to other networks. Let's hope that one is true! Meanwhile, send whatever you've got and let USA know how we feel about them reducing everything to the almighty dollar at the expense of quality programming!

Let 'em have it!! :D

Edited by Outerbankschick, 18 July 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm on it, OBX!

#26 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

OK, I'm officially pissed now. (And not much other than politics pisses me off these days!) I just received back my first letter to Jeff Wachtel, voicing my request for more Goren & Eames. I sent it almost 2 weeks ago and have sent 9 more following that, some little packages costing me almost $2 apiece. It was marked rejected! It wasn't opened, wasn't read, wasn't passed on to whoever might help grant our request (i.e., Dick Wolf), wasn't thrown away so that I'd never know whether someone received it or not...nothing! Just REJECTED and returned to sender! Guess I'll be receiving back the other 9 in the next couple of weeks! Am I disappointed? Yes! Am I angry? Yes! Am I warning you not to waste your money? I guess so. So...here's what I'm thinking about doing. I took a picture of all the letters I sent and uploaded them to Photobucket. I think I will try to send them to Dick Wolf or someone who will at least look at them and hear our plea. Any ideas how to get them out there? Maybe Facebook? (OK, grump, grump, maybe it's time I actually joined the 21st century!) REJECTED? That's just plain rude!!!!!

#27 Outerbankschick

Outerbankschick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Oh that just makes me want to bury them in envelopes, just to irritate them! Wachtel, or more likely his secretary, did the very same thing during the Fluff Campaign. Guess Mr. Moneypants is to good for the rest of us. And with people at the top who care about dollars over all else, it's no wonder TV is going down the crapper!!
Posted Image

#28 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

So agree, OBX! But...if we bury them in envelopes, don't spend a lot of time or money on them! I still hope to get all my "artistic creations" to Dick Wolf somehow. At least he will appreciate the sentiment and can maybe pass them on to someone who will consider our plea!

#29 flashymom

flashymom

Queen of the Universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,864 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Jeff isn't the only name on the list. Send to the others.
Chief of Security, USS NoRomo; Queen of the Universe and Ruler of All She Surveys, lol!

#30 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

OK, I'm officially pissed now. (And not much other than politics pisses me off these days!) I just received back my first letter to Jeff Wachtel, voicing my request for more Goren & Eames. I sent it almost 2 weeks ago and have sent 9 more following that, some little packages costing me almost $2 apiece. It was marked rejected! It wasn't opened, wasn't read, wasn't passed on to whoever might help grant our request (i.e., Dick Wolf), wasn't thrown away so that I'd never know whether someone received it or not...nothing! Just REJECTED and returned to sender! Guess I'll be receiving back the other 9 in the next couple of weeks! Am I disappointed? Yes! Am I angry? Yes! Am I warning you not to waste your money? I guess so. So...here's what I'm thinking about doing. I took a picture of all the letters I sent and uploaded them to Photobucket. I think I will try to send them to Dick Wolf or someone who will at least look at them and hear our plea. Any ideas how to get them out there? Maybe Facebook? (OK, grump, grump, maybe it's time I actually joined the 21st century!) REJECTED? That's just plain rude!!!!!

Yes, photograph and post! That will multiply your chances of being heard, in my opinion!
This "rejected" is intriguing. I wonder why they didn't just throw it away. In a way, it is
an acknowledgement of your efforts....

#31 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Got another one returned yesterday. It seems like they are returning only the little packages, not the regular-postage letters. Maybe we should forget the real tie clips and flood them with simulations and Skittles wrappers? Perhaps they are afraid of what might be lurking inside the packagaes? I think I'll start back up again with my letters. After all, I have all these Skittles.... But, what the heck am I going to do with ALL these tie clips?????

#32 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

I have to chuckle, it took me so long to find some tie clips a couple of years
ago when I wanted some (because I got my crush on Goren). Now you
are probably the only person in the nation with too many tie clips!

Edited by chimera, 23 July 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#33 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

I hope this will give you a smile,
an image from the old tie clip thread:
Posted Image

#34 krodgers

krodgers

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,859 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image

Thought we had a topic on tie-clips?:huh:

Posted Image Krod, LOCI Moderator

#35 vickivonvicki

vickivonvicki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

This inventive tie clip is just what we would wish for our hunky delicious Det. Goren-thank you for the work you have done for our main man. I'm still recording & watching reruns & loving the faint but ferocious desire for new shows. VickivonVicki-8/13/11 :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#36 chimera

chimera

Queen of Twilight Isle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, Vicki!
Krod, I just reposted it here to give folks a much-needed smile :rolleyes:

#37 Maherjunkie

Maherjunkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

No offense, but nine letters in two weeks does seem like a bit much.  He may not want to appear too encouraging..

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved