• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 lvtquilt

lvtquilt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

As much as I enjoy all the new shows I miss Monk.
Of all the new shows I only don't like 2 so USA is doing good, but
I really miss Monk.

#2 JetCityKitty

JetCityKitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

I miss Monk too. Tony is a genius.

#3 cateva

cateva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

"Monk" was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it was the best show on television. A curse because it ruined television for me. There will never be another show quite like it --- great stories, great writing, great acting, great cast. Thank heaven for DVDs.

#4 Aiden_Kross

Aiden_Kross

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

I still cry when I watch the series finale. I miss my friend. :(
Thank God for DVDs though! B)
The world is full of obvious things, which nobody by any chance ever observes.

What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done.

I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

- Sherlock Holmes

#5 markiesmom

markiesmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Monk brought me to USA. I love the show, and often watch the DVDs.

The show came out when my oldest son's father died. (He was 16, then.)It was a blessing for us, as my son related to Monk's issues.

My favorite show, and tears are streaming down my face as I type this, was the one where he found the woman he "thought" he knew, who had Trudy's eyes. It was the best show written for that series. Actually, it's my favorite show of all time.

My mother, who died at Christmas, often talked about different Monk episodes. She loved watching the character try to overcome his illness. She cheered every success.

#6 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Me too!! But I can't complain...I still have a season and a half to watch on DVD!!!!!!

Shawn: I dazzle...I stretch...I dazzle and I stretch...
Shawn:Spell banana
Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
A yellow fruit. Also a yellow pudding...a very delicious pudding.
Contestant:
Can you use it in a sentence please?
Shawn:Anna Banana would like to hear Venus by Bananarama....banana
Shawn-"don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan"
Gus-"Azkaban"
Shawn-"I've heard it both ways!"
My name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Gus "Silly Pants" Jackson
"Boom...boom boom...MUFFINS!!!!!"
"Boom...boom...boom THIS THING!!!!!"
"You don't call him Binky?"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz
WARNING: DATES ON CALANDER ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR
"I love due dates. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
DramaQueenBroadway: All of the Law...none of the Order!
Twitter: @DramaQueenDiva

Youtube: KAASL4

#7 julesrulesny

julesrulesny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

"Monk" was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it was the best show on television. A curse because it ruined television for me. There will never be another show quite like it --- great stories, great writing, great acting, great cast. Thank heaven for DVDs.

Your right. It was a blessing and a curse by the way.. LOL. It ruined it for me too b/c Monk was the best, ever. period. There are good shows and thankfully USA has the best on TV by far out of all the networks.. But boy o boy do I miss Monk..

I just recently watched all 8 seasons, AGAIN!!!

I'd like a Monk movie to come out.. It doesn't even have to follow the show.. it can be just a pick me up like before he solved his wifes murder.. Have, of course Bitty Shram take the role as his assistant as that would be nice to see her again.. Always liked her better. Not that I didn't like "Natalie", I did, in fact I loved Natalie... but "Sharona" just gave the show a different feel.. like it gave it that akwardness that didn't mesh but boy did it work!!!

#8 julesrulesny

julesrulesny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Me too!! But I can't complain...I still have a season and a half to watch on DVD!!!!!!

I'm actually soooo jealous that you still get to watch some new episodes as it sounds you haven't seen "Monk" till now.. Oh man am I jealous!!! LOL!

#9 Hapycat09

Hapycat09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Just like 'markiesmom', it was Monk what brought me to USA. I miss the OCD detective!

#10 Agmski7

Agmski7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

I really miss Monk.

I miss Monk too. But just curious, what two shows don't you like??

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 wiselad

wiselad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

would have been nice if in "the final episode" they had established that Monk not only connected to Julie's daughter Molly Evans, but that he and Leyla ( "Monk falls in love" episode) patched things up, and that Leyla's mom was again free

#12 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I still miss Monk, but like I said, I can't complain. I have all the seasons now on DVD and I have two Monk books ("Mr. Monk Goes to Germany" and "Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii") to read. I hear that Monk's alter-ego comes out in "Mr. Monk Goes to Germany"...can't wait to see "The Monkster" again!!!!

Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
Contestant:
Gus-"Azkaban"
"We do now!"
Shawn: Hello my name is Shawn Spencer and this is my partner M.C. Clap Your Handz

#13 Busterseyes

Busterseyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

I really miss Monk.

Just saw a promo for Monk. It will be starting on ION TV on August 21st as well as Psych. I'm really "psyched" about Monk even if it is reruns. Very happy to hear this because I love Monk so much. :wub: Friday nights are just not the same without Monk and the gang!

#14 DramaQueenBroadway

DramaQueenBroadway

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

I miss Monk a lot. Monk is what brought me to USA Network and got me more willing to try detective shows (some are just too gory for me). Agatha Christie's "Poirot" is what really got me into mysteries. Read "Murder On the Orient Express" and loved it, so I started watching "Masterpiece Mystery!" where a lot of Poirot mysteries have been turned into movies (including "Murder On the Orient Express"). Eventually, my parents told me about "Monk" and how I should start watching it. They told me all about his OCD and Trudy. I started watching it that week when Monk was looking for a job (in S1 I think). Since then I never missed an episode. I also got all 8 Seasons on DVD, usually as gifts. My parents and I take cruises a lot, and I usually end up getting a sinus infection for half of the trip, so I would take whatever Monk DVD I brought with me (usually the latest one), popped it in my travel DVD player, and watched it the entire trip (I'm surprised I didn't have to repeat any episodes). I would also be watching it on my DVD player on the plane ride down and in the airport and then again on my way home! It used to keep me laughing...the best medicine!!!

Now I'm still watching S7-8 on the weekends when I go to my summer home. I've also been hired for an overnight with my cousins who LOVE Monk...you better believe I'm taking a season over their house that night!!

In the meantime, I am still in stitches from reading the books. I'm reading my first one now (Mr. Monk Goes to Germany) and have 1 more to read already. I'm also expecting 3 more to be shipped to my house soon...can't wait until they get here!

Contestant:
Definition please?
Shawn:
Contestant:
Gus-"Azkaban"
"We do now!"

#15 newcountry

newcountry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

I miss Monk too! I wonder what happened to all the characters, and have even dreamed I was solving cases on Monk.

#16 chrisburnett

chrisburnett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

If your miss monk tv show, watch-monk-online.ch is available to watch and download monk every single episodes.Enjoy monk series online freeeeeeeee.
Find the latest information of Monk Episodes, Private Practice Episodes and Weeds Episodes.....

#17 jamesfrank232

jamesfrank232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Monk tv show is really good to watch,My friend suggested me to watch this tv show because It got some thing different in it. . So its now i watched it online from the beginning to end .It really beatyful and interesting tv show . Some thing different what people want to see,no those repeated stories. monk tv show is based on detective story, That makes it more special.......

---------------------------------

All seasons with complete list of greys anatomy episodes and series you watch.
Watch the latest greek tv series free, streaming episodes of Greek and much more.

#18 matreshka

matreshka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

the same here,,, totaly miss

#19 ilovepie10

ilovepie10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

BEST SHOW EVER! TONY, YOU WILL BE MISSED! Also, do me a favor. Give Natalie a raise ;).

#20 newcountry

newcountry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

You can say that again, and yes, I still miss Monk too, so much so that I guess I posted twice!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved