• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pjs411

pjs411

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

I thought tonight's series finale was kind of anti-climatic, but at the same time I was glad to see the door has been left open for the series to be resurrected once again. I really thought that something irreversible would happen to Bobby, but it was an optimistic take on the next steps of his journey. I am going to miss CI, so I hope they will have a change of heart sometime in the future.

#2 octobersky69

octobersky69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

I was left wanting more. I have seen better series finales. They could have had a better closer with still keeping the possibility of return.

#3 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

I thought the episode was excellent! And you know what they say in show business: "Always leave them wanting more!" And they certainly did that! (fingers crossed!)

#4 cat lady

cat lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

I have never been more delighted to be wrong, I was sure with the change of venue for the final scene there was a bad ending coming, but no, they leave as they should together to work on a case. Love the looks they give each other at the end ( I watched the last scene on TheReelBlog) that look from them I think was Goren and Eames and Vince and Kate, geuine friendship, partners and friends forever, just as it should be. Goodby for now, Goren and Eames, see you in re-run land! ;)

#5 angelsalwayz

angelsalwayz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

I really expected more for a finale, At least in the end he finally knows his ok and his gonna be alright. He can go on without thinking his gonna end up like his mother and his brohter. Hopefullly he'll go on with some kind of continuation of a law and order show.

#6 LiaNYC

LiaNYC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

I loved this finale, and thought it was very clever. I do wish that somewhere in this past season we would have gotten to see some flashbacks of Detective Eames over the years, I know this was about Goren's self analysis but it would have been nice to see a couple of shots of Alex over the years too. Someone posted another thread about wanting a Season 11. All I can say is with so much crap on TV I could take a Season 100 of this show. Dare to dream I guess.

Thanks so much for bringing the show back for us, and doing it with such style. This decade long fan appreciates it from the bottom of her heart. If anyone passes these fan messages along to the cast I would love to add that this past month I saw That Championship Season and Anything Goes on the stage and if any of you endeavor to get back up there I would gladly sit in the audience.

One last thought about the riddle. I believe that in the make believe world of Law and Order: Criminal Intent both Detective Robert Goren and Detective Alexandra Eames are the guards standing before the doors to Heaven and Hell. Both placed there by God. I think Alex is guarding the door to Heaven to keep the evil people from getting by, and Bobby is guarding the door to Hell to keep the good people from making a mistake. Either way I'm glad that through these actors, writers, directors, crew, etc. we got to glimpse a little bit of TV Heaven ourselves.

Thank You.

#7 graywich

graywich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

hi.
i seem to be having mixed feelings about the finale ! i am very glad they chose to keep them together, to give bobby his badge back and leave the door open. but i am wondering how bobby was really feeling at the end ? He is so serious, is surprised to see Eames and I'm not quite sure how to interpret the looks he keeps giving her. i almost get the impression he wasn't too sure he wanted to get in the car, didn't seem too sure he was happy to see her there? and Eames is so happy and smiling all over the place which isn't exactly her usual self but its nice to see<g> it was almost as if she knew something like that he would be allowed to continue yet she couldn't have . it seems to me as if bobby is mulling something over, thinking all the while before he gets in the car and even then is serious before he finally turns to her and says lets go. then they both smile. Is bobby contemplating what the psychiatrist said about the fact he is more than the job? about the riddle ? is he wondering if he should go back to the job? you would think he would have come out of her office happy , knowing she was going to recommend he keep his job and then seeing Eames waiting for him outside. but it feels like it's the opposite -at least to me . so i was wondering how other fans saw this ?

Edited by graywich, 27 June 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#8 kazz

kazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

Just watched the ending on reelblog ...and this is one happy UK...Goren and Eames fan here. Yippeee......off into the sunset........yes.

For those who think he was in two minds as to getting into the car can I say I think his character overthinks everything, but the one constant in his life is Alex, and I think that showed that away from the crimescene/work they are simply Alex and Bobby, no more no less. And the fact she was waiting for him proves she has faith in him where he has questions.
Has anyone got a transcript or anything of the scene in the psychiatrist's office Pretty please???

#9 nola4eames

nola4eames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I enjoyed the finale for two reasons, 1 being that I greatly enjoy the show and 2 that it left the door open for continuation, thanks USA.

#10 Firefall

Firefall

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

I enjoyed the finale for two reasons, 1 being that I greatly enjoy the show and 2 that it left the door open for continuation, thanks USA.

I agree with what you said. Hopefully, Dick Wolf is pulling off his powers to make it happen.

#11 Fidelio145

Fidelio145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Just watched the ending on reelblog ...and this is one happy UK...Goren and Eames fan here. Yippeee......off into the sunset........yes.

For those who think he was in two minds as to getting into the car can I say I think his character overthinks everything, but the one constant in his life is Alex, and I think that showed that away from the crimescene/work they are simply Alex and Bobby, no more no less. And the fact she was waiting for him proves she has faith in him where he has questions.

I agree! Everyone knew there were a certain number of sessions he had to attend and this was the one where Goren was going to "get the verdict" on whether he kept his job or not. Of course, Alex would be there to see him through! She was probably as nervous as he was about the outcome of the session and whether Bobby would be returned to full duty. The Gyson script line showed the date as Sunday, June 19. She asks him "How'd it go?" He says, "Good" and she nods and says "Good." She explains about the call and they finish the sentence "get there first" at the same time. As he walks around the front of the vehicle (I think) he's thinking he has work to do, but he has been given maybe a way to improve his situation. Alex hesitates when he gets in the passenger seat, he looks at her and says "Let's go!" They drive off down the street to beat the Feds to another case!

#12 LOCOforDONOFRIO

LOCOforDONOFRIO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Of course, I would have loved a little more--like six or seven more seasons worth-- but I am happy with the ending.  I think the final scene was sweet much as the kiss in the original final scene.  Erbe said that kiss was totally unscripted and a surprise.  I think Vincent's serious moment at the end as he walked to the passenger side was a nod to his real feelings regarding the ending of the show.  He has every reason to believe that the moment was his last moment on the show and as soon as he climbed into the seat and said goodbye to Kathryn, a part of their lives together was over.  I am glad that we were left with Goren and Eames driving off together "into the sunset" to continue their work and friendship (or more-depending on your ROMO-NoRomo opinion)without us.  I'll miss them and am hoping we'll get a look into their world again but this ending does not leave me angry.  Every show must eventually end. . . I'm glad they allowed Bobby and Alex these eight episodes to say goodbye in a proper manner.  Thank you USA, Dick Wolf, Vincent, Kathryn and everyone else that was responsible for this season.

#13 LiaNYC

LiaNYC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Oh and I meant to say what true genius it was that as soon as Goren hears the psychiatrists answer to the riddle ' What will the other guard say if you ask if his is the door to Heaven' he steps outside to find Alex standing there, true blue, holding open a door. I think she's definitely standing in front of a door to some kind of Heaven. :)

#14 JustBecause

JustBecause

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Wanted to chime in with my "liked it" opinion of the finale. Apparently I live under a rock, as I haven't seen The Social Network; therefore, I can't complain about the case being a rehash of that movie. It wasn't the most memorable or exciting LOCI case ever, but I found it entertaining enough and unlike some cases, I wasn't clear on the "whodunit" (which one of the three) until late in the episode. The case also served up some Eames snark and Bobby invading people's personal space, so...

As for the end-end, I liked that essentially the status quo was going to be maintained. I was afraid something drastic would happen (Goren quitting, someone getting killed) and am relieved that it simply ended with Goren and Eames driving off "into the sunset" to keep on keeping on pursuing the "worst criminal offenders." It's good to know they're still on the case (and ready for made-for-TV movie specials or another unexpected return season ;) ). I love, love, LOVED the final scene with just Goren and Eames...full of affection and yet ambiguous enough that everyone (shipper or noromo) can see what they want and go away happy.

I think I'm probably still in denial of this really being it. (It's partly LOCI's fault: I had accepted its demise following "Loyalty," but then season 10 happened!) If this truly was the end, I'm very appreciative of D'Onofrio, Erbe, Wolf and even USA Network for giving fans of the series this final season to say goodbye. For me, it was so much more satisfying than the abrupt way it all ended for Goren and Eames in "Loyalty." Of course, I'd be even more appreciative to USA if they managed to bring it back AGAIN. (I'd be happy with another short eight episode season, I'm not greedy. ;) )

#15 fatmanwalking

fatmanwalking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

I read through all of the posts in this thread and have to agree that I too enjoyed the finale where Goren and Eames ride off to work on another case. I like the post about that explores the riddle of the two doors and the scene where Eames opens the door of the SUV and invites Goren to get in. I too noticed the smiles on both the characters faces. I kept wanting more, but at least I can see two of my favorite characters leave us in a good way.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the credits started rolling on the screen. At that point I really knew that this was the series finale. I really hope that more might still be possible from the USA Network, but at least I wasn't left with a cliffhanger and unanswered questions.

#16 Klytus

Klytus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

The L&O CI season finale didn't feel like a season finale. The episode felt like a continuation of the present circumstances. Goren is struggling through his emotional issues.  You can see it when he's working.  He's not quite all there.  Eames was always the stronger of the two.  At the end of the episode, Eames was outside ready to welcome Goren back to the world around him.  And I'm glad Goren is going to see the same shrink.  He needs help and she can provide it.  Besides, they both like each other and Goren is beginning to trust her which is very important in therapy.

#17 Paulie_V

Paulie_V

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

I really like how they ended this. No overkill, nothing irreversible, final or depressing happened. There's hope for the future. Anything is possible.

I will miss this show and particularly these characters. Many stories were extremely well done and there are some of them that, even though I've seen them several times I still don't know who did exactly what, but I don't care because it was very entertaining.

This whole season was excellent.

Edited by Paulie_V, 28 June 2011 - 12:25 AM.

#18 waldkind

waldkind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

I liked the end as well. It was... peaceful. In the past Goren seemed lost but in the end HE decided to go on with therapy and when he stepped outside it seemed to me as if he was taking a deep breath, enjoyed the weather, was totally happy that Alex was there, as if he was REALLY starting to enjoy life and his job again. He was probably incredibly afraid that his job might be taken away from him but now he knows this won't happen (at least not now :rolleyes:) and he is simply happy happy happy. He seems to hesitate shortly, as if he considers if this is really what he wants -now that he has it - but then he gets in the car and tells Alex to go. HE is in charge again.

I didn't see love, at all. Just happiness. And this is great. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling :P.

The storyline... to be honest most of the cases have been uninteresting for years which didn't really matter because I was more interested in Goren and Eames' development. I liked it better when we knew who the suspect was and not this "it's always the most unlikely person"-storyline. Didn't matter in this episode. What mattered was the end.

(BTW don`t they ever buckle up????)

#19 Rubybaby

Rubybaby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

I worried about their seatbelts, too, Waldkind. But I really enjoyed the episode--in fact, ALL the episodes this season--and I thought the ending was just perfect! Except for the fact that, you know, it was the end. Please, please, PLEASE...SOMEONE give us more Goren & Eames! In the form of LOCI, shortened seasons, another series format, occasional TV movies...something!!! PLEASE do not take these rich and wonderful characters away from us forever!!!!!

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved