3415 replies to this topic

#1 online79

online79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

To my Fav TV couple

Edited by LI_Ann, 04 February 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#2 NDKidsMom

NDKidsMom

GO IRISH!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

To my Fav TV couple

I'll second that! It's so refreshing to find a "crime" show where the law enforcement character actually has a healthy, loving, working marriage...

Posted Image

TimworkingonWC-small.jpg

#3 Sedona

Sedona

Peter Burke Appreciation Society

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

I'll second that! It's so refreshing to find a "crime" show where the law enforcement character actually has a healthy, loving, working marriage...

Posted Image

Exactly. Some of my favorite episode moments are Peter and Elizabeth and hopefully we'll get to see more of them this season. My favorite moment so far this season between them has been in Where there's a Will, there's a way when Peter is trying valiantly to ignore his phone ringing to listen to Elizabeth tell about her job interview. When Neal finally calls El and she asks Peter, "do you want to grab some mirrors and go play with Neal?" his 'yes' is so heart felt and and fast, you can't help but laugh. I hope to see Elizabeth a lot more involved this year - and yep, I'd like some more romance scenes between them.
Posted Image

#4 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

Here is one of the photos that might have been used for Peter and El with the 10 year ring or as Peter likes to refer to it as a fraternity thing.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

MICHIGAN STATE SPARTANS ROSE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

#5 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

How could we NOT have a thread dedicated to this relationship?

I love how they interact with when another. And I do like it when Elizabeth treats Peter like a little boy (I do that do my hubby all the time and he likes it).
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#6 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

How could we NOT have a thread dedicated to this relationship?

I love how they interact with when another. And I do like it when Elizabeth treats Peter like a little boy (I do that do my hubby all the time and he likes it).

Posted Image

Not sure how we could not have a thread for this lovely couple. And here is a look at a pic in the Burkes newest room; how sweet is that.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#7 Duffy

Duffy

Dog Mom

• Members
  • 10,633 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

Not sure how we could not have a thread for this lovely couple. And here is a look at a pic in the Burkes newest room; how sweet is that.

They got their bedroom. How nice. Love the dresser. All I can make out in the photo at the back is Elizabeth and Satchmo. I don't see Peter.

#8 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

They got their bedroom. How nice. Love the dresser. All I can make out in the photo at the back is Elizabeth and Satchmo. I don't see Peter.

Yep that is a picture of El and Satchmo on the dresser also.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#9 online79

online79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

Found this cute photo..

#10 Tudor

Tudor

** C O L L A R S **

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

... My favorite moment so far this season between them has been in Where there's a Will, there's a way when Peter is trying valiantly to ignore his phone ringing to listen to Elizabeth tell about her job interview. When Neal finally calls El and she asks Peter, "do you want to grab some mirrors and go play with Neal?" his 'yes' is so heart felt and and fast, you can't help but laugh.

Very fun scene to watch. Elizabeth is so understanding and knows what Peter wants at the moment ... which is to go "play" with Neal.

ea4a0b2d-4221-4b62-bc95-3a189c9023f1_zps

white collar season 6

#11 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#12 Pamela11

Pamela11

SHOOT THE MOON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,776 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Peter and Elizabeth's relationship is one of the reasons I was drawn to White Collar. A marriage based upon mutual respect and commitment. How rare in television land!

I loved Countermeasures when Peter resigns himself to taking El over to June's.

Posted Image

Burke's new bedroom:

Posted Image

PBASBanner62.jpg

#13 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Peter and Elizabeth's relationship is one of the reasons I was drawn to White Collar. A marriage based upon mutual respect and commitment. How rare in television land!

I loved Countermeasures when Peter resigns himself to taking El over to June's.

Posted Image

Burke's new bedroom:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love PEters expressions the whole time Neal is convincing El to come over; and then I love when Peter brought the pie. And I like how El was used the whole time to go through the book with the pics of June and Byron and the other guy can't think of name. But was fun scenes. And me being prop person I am found another pic of Peter and El on the shelf in their room.

Edited by suebsg9, 26 June 2011 - 04:25 PM.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#14 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#15 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

This topic could provide us with really interesting discussions and I hope that happens. I'd like to explore the dynamic of Peter and Elizabeth's relationship and not just keep repeating "They're so cute together"..... etc., etc.

One of the first things I noticed about Peter and Elizabeth as a couple is that Elizabeth rules the Burke household. She calls the shots and what she says goes. It's also obvious that they love each other. There's no doubting that; it comes through loud and clear.

I would think Peter is an SSA (Supervisory Special Agent) but I don't think they ever actually said that on the show. Unless he's in trouble with the DOJ, FBI, etc. and without Hughes or Bancroft around, Peter runs the FBI White Collar Unit in New York and delegates responsibilities to his team. To counter that persona or position of authority, I believe the writers use Elizabeth to Keep Peter's ego in check. Despite loving him, Elizabeth is Peter's harshest critic.

Edited by LI_Ann, 26 June 2011 - 09:38 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#16 downeaster

downeaster

White Collar Maineiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

I love PEters expressions the whole time Neal is convincing El to come over; and then I love when Peter brought the pie. And I like how El was used the whole time to go through the book with the pics of June and Byron and the other guy can't think of name. But was fun scenes. And me being prop person I am found another pic of Peter and El on the shelf in their room.

I love that you took all those prop shots :D... since I didn't think to. There was way too much to see. It was like being a kid in a candy store.:lol:

Posted Image

#17 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

I love that you took all those prop shots :D... since I didn't think to. There was way too much to see. It was like being a kid in a candy store.:lol:

Well in the Burke house some of my photos came out a little dark but again I went prop crazy there with the fax machine that was used in Vital Signs, satchm's little bed next to the couch, and again that was a room with alot of props you wanted to take pics of with the mail and such. I do like props like I said did it also when at the offices and tried to take at Neals place so yes crazy prop person in your prsents.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

#18 CathysOpinion

CathysOpinion

Collar Nutcase

• Members
  • 11,250 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

This topic could provide us with really interesting discussions and I hope that happens. I'd like to explore the dynamic of Peter and Elizabeth's relationship and not just keep repeating "They're so cute together"..... etc., etc.

One of the first things I noticed about Peter and Elizabeth as a couple is that Elizabeth rules the Burke household. She calls the shots and what she says goes. It's also obvious that they love each other. There's no doubting that; it comes through loud and clear.

I would think Peter is an SSA (Supervisory Special Agent) but I don't think they ever actually said that on the show. Unless he's in trouble with the DOJ, FBI, etc. and without Hughes or Bancroft around, Peter runs the FBI White Collar Unit in New York and delegates responsibilities to his team. To counter that persona or position of authority, I believe the writers use Elizabeth to Keep Peter's ego in check. Despite loving him, Elizabeth is Peter's harshest critic.

I see someone besides me watches Criminal Minds, where the title SSA is used frequently.

I find the Peter and Elizabeth relationship to be very real. Neither are perfect, Elizabeth's part is very realistic, she watches what he eats (wouldn't let him have sugar in his oatmeal in Prisoner's Dilemma), she knows when he's going to forget to do something, etc. Peter is very realistic too. He forgets anniversaries, doesn't call when he's going to be late, etc.
Cathy

Just an FYI, I assist Ann (LI Ann) in managing the White Collar Forum. Ann is an official moderator.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the WC Forum Online Community thread.

If you are looking for a specific discussion, then take a took at Ann's very nifty index, WC Forum Index.

#19 LI_Ann

LI_Ann

Top Gun

• Moderators
  • 23,136 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

I see someone besides me watches Criminal Minds, where the title SSA is used frequently.

I find the Peter and Elizabeth relationship to be very real. Neither are perfect, Elizabeth's part is very realistic, she watches what he eats (wouldn't let him have sugar in his oatmeal in Prisoner's Dilemma), she knows when he's going to forget to do something, etc. Peter is very realistic too. He forgets anniversaries, doesn't call when he's going to be late, etc.

I do watch Criminal Minds. Their process fascinates me.

Law enforcement officers can't always call when they're going to be late so that's something I think Elizabeth knows will happen. Peter wasn't able to call her in Prisoner's Dilemma for date night so Mozzie showed up instead.

My keyboard is driving me crazy. This computer is just a little over a year old and I think I've already beat the keyboard to death.

Edited by LI_Ann, 26 June 2011 - 10:56 PM.

sig2013sept_zps95f63dc0.jpg

#20 suebsg9

suebsg9

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Why would the writers want to keep Peters ego in check. Granted we saw in Payback he forgot the laundry and El picked it up without even calling him and reminding him because she knew he would forget; but I think the one that is hardest on Peter is Peter himself. Here he has a wonderful wife like El and wants to make her happy; its like date night made the roast just work came up and date night turned into Moz going over there and telling her the safe word to let her know Peter was fine. And Peter was making it up to her; same with their Anniversary yes he forgot took some talking to neal to figure out what his bottle should be. But I don't think that El wears the pants the family I think that its equal and thats why they work. But that is how I take the relationship.

Sue
hhzyHve.png

Courtesy of Aragarna

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved