• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#1 SlyFish76

SlyFish76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

NatashaFatale, moderator says: Apologies to Slyfish for having to edit this post, but needed to put this where hopefully people will see it BEFORE posting:

A friendly reminder from your moderators:
FYI when you registered on this forum you agreed to these: http://my.usanetwork.../registeremail/

Please remember that All Opinions, positive or negative, are allowed to be discussed as long as they are expressed in a reasonable way, about the SHOW, not about each other.

In other words, posts should be comments about the show, not personal remarks about other members.

If you have a personal issue with someone, or difficulties with another member - handle via Private Messages (PM), not in posts.

It's hard to believe I actually have to write this out, but: There's no need for rude comments, personal attacks or mocking another member. You can have an interesting discussion, debating all sides, sharing opinions, without putting down others.

Feel free to just IGNORE the thread if needed, and carry on discussing the show in other threads. Discuss the show, discuss the show, discuss the show, NOT each other.

-------------------------------------------- Original Post:

Way to go USA Network... I have been a faithful watcher of Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, etc... and you have managed to completely offend me in the first 4 minutes of Suits.... suit is rags!

Edited by NatashaFatale, 03 August 2011 - 01:55 AM.
To remind people to Discuss the SHOW, NOT each other

#2 SlyFish76

SlyFish76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

What is the purpose of the 5 cuss words and over the top sexuality????

#3 Glendaruth

Glendaruth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

Way to go USA Network... I have been a faithful watcher of Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, etc... and you have managed to completely offend me in the first 4 minutes of Suits.... suit is rags!

I also am disappointed in the first Suits. I loved the actors, the story line was good but I won't watch again if the next episode has nearly every other conversation asking God to damn someone or something..Why is it we can't ask Gods blessings in public, but it is OK to use his name to damn people. I would rather hear the F word that that but I still wouldn't watch . That is very insulting to a large part of the audience and I intend to take notice of any and all advertisers and write letters to all of them.The show it self was really good but it does not need the foul language. There are plenty of other cuss words that aren't so offensive.

#4 scwatcher

scwatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:24 AM

This is really a good show, but if I worked in an office with swearing like this I would be fired. Really, is G..damn necessary.
Anyone agree with this?

#5 PFL

PFL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

Yes, I agree with you. I was looking forward to this show but changed the channel after the first 10 minutes. It seems like the writers were trying to fit all the foul language they could into the script.

Edited by PFL, 24 June 2011 - 08:03 AM.

#6 arstuart

arstuart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Agree completely. Show is good; original idea; however, GD is not an acceptable word and foul language and sexual innuendo (as in first 5 mins. of the show) need to GO for it to hold the "adult" audiences. Clean it up a bit and you'll have a keeper.

#7 Wenin

Wenin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

I didn't even notice the swearing, so it must have been done in a believable way. Though, I'm not offended or would take notice to "God Damn" being a swear word.

#8 undressingHER

undressingHER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

I don't agree with damning God's name at all...a simple GOT damn is what I use, but those other words...which I didn't notice to begin with, mean nothing to me. I don't know why in the world people have given such importance to words like sh*t, to make it seem like the world is collapsing if you use it. A curse word is any word using to curse someone, meaning speak badly of them.

#9 Espionage

Espionage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

didn't notice the swearing, but find it hilarious that people find a need to make a ridiculous post like this. you people crack me up, and when you lighten up one day maybe youre life wont be so rough. if you want i can direct you to the abc family forum where you will probably find more viewers like yourself, i'd rather talk to suits fans that don't complain about something so trivial.
Posted Image

#10 sammywhat

sammywhat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

By no means is this a ridiculous post. It is exceedingly important that we arevery careful with our words. We are judged by them. This is a major part ofwhat is wrong with America. We don't take care of the little things. We scoff.We mock. We shrug it off like it's unimportant or silly. If you are a fool and like to curse, that's your business. You areallowed to be a fool. Just like I'm allowed to change the channel. After thesecond GD, I knew that the writers of Suits had an agenda. USA has created somewonderful shows in the past that didn't need to express their characters thisway. Successful shows like Psych, Monk, and White Collar are good, clean fun.I'm not interested in hearing God's name taken in vain like this. I respect God. Would you want me to use your Mom or Dad's name in a degrading way? When Ifinally get time to sit in front of a TV, I don't want to be inundated with alack of understanding like this. Suits looked like it could be a reallyenjoyable show. The courtroom scene with the Judge and Herman was brilliant and truly funny! But it won't be on my DVR unless the writers clean it up.

BTW, I decided to make an account here on the USA Forum just to comment on thisvery topic. I wonder how many thousands of viewers just changed the channel and didn'tbother?

Clean it up USA!

Clean it up AMERICA!!

Edited by sammywhat, 24 June 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#11 DesertMom

DesertMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

USA has been one of my favorite channels for about 20 years, they always come up with great new series and have some of the best actors. I was REALLY looking forward to watching Suits, but after the 4th GD in 20 minutes I turned it off. I don't even know if I will try to watch Necesarry Roughness at this point. I'm almost 40, live & work in the real world, & manage to have conversations with people of all different beliefs everyday without resorting to using bad language, and it is VERY disappointing that USA thinks they need it to get viewers. They lost my vote on this one. It's a sign of severe imaturity to not be able to make a coherent sentence without swearing and it's insulting that USA thinks people are stupid enough to keep watching while having their ears assaulted.

#12 DesertMom

DesertMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

This is really a good show, but if I worked in an office with swearing like this I would be fired. Really, is G..damn necessary.
Anyone agree with this?

I agree, I worked in law offices as a paralegal for about 10 years, and no one would have stood for it. I usually love TV shows about courtroom topics, but this one's not for me if they don't clean it up.

#13 maynard517

maynard517

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Suits is not USA Networks finest programming effort. The setting of the show seemed interesting, but the bad language was completely over the top. I began watching the pilot with my wife and 23 year old son. After the third instance of using God's name, I was done. I turned it off. USA needs to clean-up this type of programming. It is detremental to society to have that type of language on our entertainment offerings.

#14 maynard517

maynard517

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Good call, DesertMom. I agree.

#15 SJiles

SJiles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Honestly I didn't even notice the cursing and I don't consider god damn a curse but that my opinion. I think people should give the show at least one more shot before quitting.

Edited by SJiles, 24 June 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#16 wakopunk

wakopunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

So let me get this straight. You're all offended by them saying God Damn and other words like shitucky mushrooms?

Yet you claim you are Burn Notice fans. You are not offended by the should-we-have sex scenes or all the young women showing off their bodies in bikinis?

Get real. It's 10PM they can do what they wish. God darnit!
Shawn: Torture to kill? Is that pretty cut and dry or is there a little bit of wiggle room?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Precious2God

Precious2God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

This show has a great premise. It has a very good cast with good writing. The one improvement I would make would be to eliminate the use of God's name to add emphasis. God's name was used in vain at least 6 times during the 60 minute series premiere. This is not only unnecessary with all the positives of this show but totally inappropriate. I didn't notice other cuss words but that I noticed that cuss word every time it was said...and I wasn't looking for it. PLEASE eliminate this negative from an otherwise great show.

#18 Precious2God

Precious2God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

didn't notice the swearing, but find it hilarious that people find a need to make a ridiculous post like this. you people crack me up, and when you lighten up one day maybe youre life wont be so rough. if you want i can direct you to the abc family forum where you will probably find more viewers like yourself, i'd rather talk to suits fans that don't complain about something so trivial.

The use of swear words isn't trivial. There are cuss words used in other shows, like Burn Notice, which you obviously like. Don't put us down because we would prefer to watch shows with intelligent writing instead of allowing swear words to dumb down an otherwise great script!

#19 Precious2God

Precious2God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

This is an excellent show but would definitely be better if the swearing were removed. The sexuality in the first 5 minutes didn't follow through the rest of the show and could also be removed without killing the show. This was obvious to me to be more a producer/director desire rather than a writing issue.

#20 kropson

kropson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I totally agree. I make a habit out of watching USA's new shows since they have proven to rely on plot and writing instead of sex, violence and language. This premiere was disappointing. Both the sex and the language were there for the sake of having it. Definitely disappointed.

FREE ONLINE GAMES TERMS OF SERVICE PRIVACY POLICY FEEDBACK ©2013 NBC Universal, Inc. All Rights Reserved